• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
This is starting to feel slightly recursive.

PdUXQ.png

This isn't new to anime.

Fist of the North Star 7

Does Kenshiro have some kind of portal to another dimension in his pocket where he stores like a million of one type of shirt? I can't imagine it's easy to find more in a post-apocalyptic world after he keeps ripping them.

Ezalc

*abomination*
Wasn't she a singer before she started this stupid show?

Mobile Suit Gundam Dub 8

I really like how even the forgettable foot soldiers have voices and some kind interaction with other characters before possibly being killed or whatever. The attention to little details like this is incredibly refreshing considering in 00 there were just a bunch of mobile suits who get blown up and never mentioned again. It makes the story a bit more believable. Hot dick has been passed back to Char, I thought he'd be one of those "honor" rivals not some truly evil asshole who looks like will try to get this guy who considers him a good friend killed.

That game linked above looks kind of cool, I'm surprised they put that American dude from R.O.D.

duckroll

Un-Go Ep9

Thisisgonnagetgood.gif

It's hilarious how the show has gotten to this point considering how it started out. It's truly one of the more offbeat and bizarre anime I've seen presented in such a straight forward way. It doesn't seem like the show is trying to be smart or different, but for better or for worse, it is. Wow. Just wow. I don't even know what's going on at the end there, but I'm definitely on board for the rest of the ride.

Penguin Drum Ep22

Every single scene in the episode was really well framed and executed on their own. The scenes had emotion and power behind them. But yet the entire episode on a whole fell flat for me. I can't really tell exactly why, but it probably has to do with the fact that everything that was actually happening was so surreal and in some ways random, that while the execution of the scenes were great, the actual scenes themselves... I disliked. I have a feeling after this episode, the ending of the show is going to be kinda a "whatever".

Steroyd

Guilty Crown - 09

An Inori-less episode, well that would be cause for celebration if the main character wasn't Shu.

Cry me a fucking river Shu wah wah wah.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Un-Go 09: I wanna drop this show like right now, but it's so close to the ending that I don't see the point.

Boring episode was boring. At least the next one seems to be full of drama.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Guilty Crown 09: Hare-chan has lots of guts. Hare-chan. <3

Fuck yeah finally shit hits the fan. This is the first episode that I feel has truly hit Code Geass levels of hype. If only the characters weren't completely unlikable...

Jex

Chihaya 10

You guys, I read this thread every day, and I've never posted. I just want to say that despite the fact that I don't care about Kurata, the flawless direction in this show makes it powerful. I look forward to it every week.

Well, it's certainly a good show because the direction is strong, although I wouldn't go as far as to call it 'flawless'. Over the course of the last few episodes I have found myself less invested in the plight of the these characters as we've moved from the 'flashback arc' to the 'building a team' arc. I just feel like I've spent a lot of time with the original trio (for obvious reasons) and I don't really care happens to the three vestigial characters.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, it's certainly a good show because the direction is strong, although I wouldn't go as far as to call it 'flawless'. Over the course of the last few episodes I have found myself less invested in the plight of the these characters as we've moved from the 'flashback arc' to the 'building a team' arc. I just feel like I've spent a lot of time with the original trio (for obvious reasons) and I don't really care happens to the three vestigial characters.
They're still probably the most human characters in anime this season, outside of Tamayura anyway.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It looks like she's waiting in a Starcraft 2 lobby.

That remeber me how I would love an anime about a trading card or arcade game with a real world setting with tournaments and stuff without crazy phantasy background story.

maybe like Chihayafuru but with a good and interesting game. The Haruhi episode "The Day of Sagittarius" was pretty good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom