• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewFresh

koe-de-oshigoto-02-06.jpg

?

My guilty pleasure!

I think the first time I ever posted in the anime thread was asking about this.

hentai-gaf is best gaf

Better than ntr-gaf or Futa-gaf?

Thoraxes

hentai-gaf is best gaf

Resort Boin turned me on to blue hair forever. Fukubiki! Triangle turned me on to headbands forever. 15 Bishoujo Hyouryuuki on doing things for science to defeat monsters and how twins can feel a penis is the other one and vice versa, so it's always 2 for 1.

Also IM@S 23:

8SfQr.png

Dresden

infinite stratos: a sextet burning for love

The pacing really is admirable. In the first four minutes you have two faux-orgasms, three slices of cake, four bad excuses and five sexually frustrated haremettes. Unfortunately that's when I stopped watching because it was no longer about Char.

wonzo

Banned
iM@S 23

didn't see that coming.
they're probably gonna wimp out of killing off the producer and put him in a coma or something dumb like that. goddamn miki's the worst.

Yu Yu Hakusho 1

Now that's a way to start a story! Not a minute in and he's out like a light. Yusuke's a fun character; you have to love his rambunctious delinquent ways. And his mom is kind of hot. Pathetic, but hot.

/XX/

Man why you guys hating miki.
She even was the one sincere enough to tell directly what she really wanted to do, without misunderstandings, and working wholeheartedly for it. Meanwhile Haruka was living in her own past, pestering the others with egoistic illusions.

Lain

Heidi 13

At the end of episode 12 Spring was starting, at the start of 13 we're already in Summer.
They knew not to waste time, in the past.

Yu Yu Hakusho 1

Now that's a way to start a story! Not a minute in and he's out like a light. Yusuke's a fun character; you have to love his rambunctious delinquent ways. And his mom is kind of hot. Pathetic, but hot.

Oh my god, Yu Yu Hakusho was such a good show. I hope you are watching the dub. A rare instance where the dub is superior to the original Japanese audio.

wonzo

Banned
miki ain't got shit on makoto

Yu Yu Hakusho 1

YYH is amazing, be sure to watch it with the english dub.

Articalys

Looks like I have to run cleanup again, huh...

"Black Rock Shooter" Delayed to February 2nd
The latest news on Black Rock Shooter now signals a slight change, as the homepage for the show has been updated with a new date for the premiere of the show. Originally scheduled for a late January premiere, the eight episode series is now scheduled for February 2nd.

While no official reason is listed for the delay, it may have more to do with scheduling logistics. With the Spring season scheduled to start in April in Japan and the show slated for eight episodes, the production committee may have decided to space the episodes on a weekly basis in order to better accommodate broadcast schedules and time slots and it couldn't have done that with the original January schedule.

The first key visuals for the new characters found in the adaptation have also been posted and are found [in the article] with seiyuu information where available.

I tried a little bit of the dub; writing seems good but I'm not that fond of the voice acting itself. Plus I prefer watching in Japanese so I can get a little extra practice in the language.

I don't know if I'd call the dub superior, but it does evoke a major feeling of nostalgia for a lot of us that watched it on Adult Swim like a decade ago. For someone with no prior experience with the series, the sub is fine.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I may or may not have watched the second video on the column on the right...........
I ended up clicking on a video that may or may not be safe to link here.

Let's just say it involved Haruka riding the Vocaloid Len while doing something rather questionable with a leek.

I don't know if I'd call the dub superior, but it does evoke a major feeling of nostalgia for a lot of us that watched it on Adult Swim like a decade ago. For someone with no prior experience with the series, the sub is fine.

I highly disagree as the sub sucks compared to the dub and its one of the few animes i could give that award to.

Regardless if sub or dub the show should be watched imo.

wonzo

Banned
Tales from Earthsea

Welp, now I know why everyone hates Goro. I can't even begin to think how bad senile Goro would be.

Sket Dance 36

Good start for the Himeko back story. Just like Switch's, there was a noticeable tone shift and possibly a subtle filter used to highlight the change. Kind of had a feeling about Arisa, but I wasn't expecting her
to be THAT much of a bitch.
Highly anticipating how this all ends.

Kind of want to rewatch Switch's backstory now.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So it looks like The World God Only Knows is being released here on blu-ray!

Also it looks like B Gata H Kei is also being released here for some reason. lol at the Amazon summary

OMG! There’s this girl at school, Yamada, who wants to make like a hundred sex friends. She totally thinks she can de-virginize one hundred different boys! Can you believe that? That’s like every boy in the school. Who does she think she is? I heard from my friend’s neighbor’s cousin’s lab partner that Yamada’s never even been kissed. Oh. My. God. I would totally die. That’s like burn all your makeup and shave off your eyebrows embarrassing. I can’t even think about it. Today at lunch I saw Yamada flirting, like for reals flirting, with that geek Kosuda. You know the guy. Photography club, no muscles, boring face, kind of reminds you of a black-and-white movie. Super lame. If Yamada can’t even make the sex with him, she’ll never score a hundred cherry boys. She needs to take like Sex Ed or something because I heard she can’t give it away!

The Limited Edition comes in a collectible art box.

Who wrote this?

The Full Metal Panic series blu-rays seems to be on sale at Amazon so I'm probably going to pick them all up.

Sekai ichi Hatsukoi 2 ep 10
tumblr_lvyb73JXaa1r21uvlo1_500.gif

I wish Yokozawa would get out of the plot or at least just try to be friends with Rittie. I guess the love triangle wont escalate like it did for Yuu...Though I dont ever understand why Takano never said anything to Yokozawa, he cant be oblivious to what is going on, can he? Takano is pretty cool now, and the whole scene at the publishing company was memorable.

Also it looks like B Gata H Kei is also being released here for some reason. lol at the Amazon summary

Who wrote this?

The Full Metal Panic series blu-rays seems to be on sale at Amazon so I'm probably going to pick them all up.

Haha, someone is having fun at Amazon.

Articalys

Who wrote this?

The same summary is on the RightStuf product page, so I guess it's something from Funimation, awkward phrasings and all.

cajunator

Banned

Who wrote this?

YES> TWO MORE SHOWS TO GET
I loved both of them.
TWGOK moreso.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom