• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

JUSTICE IS SERVED

09wBp.png

Sougo Okita won elsewhere, but Hijikata lost to Roy Mustang.

(top vote getter overall was Lelouch, with 3169)

And the exhibition matches:

GequZ.png

Lain

Remember flawfuls talking about this a while back. Might check it out.

Good it's good. It's also funny in its own ways. For some reason though, I'm not feeling this anime announcement at all.

Maybe someone will actually translate it into English now, given that there is sadly no English-language version of the manga as far as I know?

Some chapters have been translated that I know, but I dunno how many (since it started getting published in October over here I only follow the official releases).

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sena beat a naked wolf goddess and squid HNNNGH?
WHAT FUCKING SORCERY IS THIS SHIT?
Something like the last four episodes of Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai have been swimsuit episodes. They go to the pool. They go to the pool again. They hang out in the club room wearing swim suits. They go to the beach. It's that kind of sorcery.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Anyone know what is up with these Funimation Classics? I see some of the blu-ray are labeled this way.

Also it looks like Funimation is releasing Rosario + Vampire, but only on DVD.

Ezalc

Penguin there are no musical instruments in this show besides piano flutes drum 22

Goddamn that music at the end was pretty epic.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wow, cloud losing to not one but TWO contestants?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
CLoud is shit.
He was always shit. Shitty shitty shit.
Cloud pre-2005 was a rad dude who didn't have to listen to anyone's bullshit and fucking blew up nuclear reactors for breakfast.

Then Advent Children happened and it's like Nomura forgot Squall Leonhart was in FFVIII, not VII.

iavi

Cloud pre-2005 was a rad dude who didn't have to listen to anyone's bullshit and fucking blew up nuclear reactors for breakfast.

Then Advent Children happened and it's like Nomura forgot Squall Leonhart was in FFVIII, not VII.

You're forgetting the game. Cloud was always a second or third tier dude.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
You're forgetting the game. Cloud was always a second or third tier dude.
He had his lame-o emo moments, but they were not as big a part of his character as the iterative material made his life out. Cloud did totally gnarly stuff like snowboarding, cross-dressing, and Chocobo-breeding too. Plus he wasn't a "whatever" dude, more like a "yeah right" motherfucker.

zeroshiki

He had his lame-o emo moments, but they were not as big a part of his character as the iterative material made his life out. Cloud did totally gnarly stuff like snowboarding, cross-dressing, and Chocobo-breeding too. Plus he wasn't a "whatever" dude, more like a "yeah right" motherfucker.

KH actually made Cloud super emo. Before that he was a chill dude.

Death and destruction? pfft, I'm gonna go play basketball at that theme park over there.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well yeah it was mostly a audio-visual spectacle for me as well.

I've never even played FFVII.

Dresden

I didn't care for the story, but the fights were spectacular, if completely impossible. But it was basically a CG anime in that respect.

I really hated the fights in it - people flying around didn't bother me, it was how they lacked all weight. Looked like puppets flailing at each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom