• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Oh shit: Hanasaku Iroha Gets New Anime in 2012

The wraparound jacket band on the first volume of Jun Sasameyuki's Hanasaku Iroha Green Girls Graffiti manga announced on Friday that a new Hanasaku Iroha anime adaptation has been green-lit for next year.

The production committee of the Hanasaku Iroha television anime series had announced in October that it was producing a "new visual work" of Hanasaku Iroha next year, but it did not specify if the new work was animated or not.

The Hanasaku Iroha television anime series aired from April to September of this year, and Crunchyroll streamed the anime in several countries as it aired in Japan. The story centers around Ohana Matsumae, a 16-year-old Tokyo native who suddenly ends up working at a provincial hot spring inn after her mother flees town to avoid debts.

I'm kind of excited. It was a decent show despite some pacing issues, and I enjoyed it. In was wondering what it was going to be since October, but it's nice they finally said 100% for sure it's an anime.

Three, including the recently released OVA.

As for the budget, it does have a big budget in many respects, but couldn't they have done someting about all of the plot holes and stuff that just seems to be missing? Like, how the anime just never bothers to tell you why Britain fell in love with the MC, it happens between episodes. There were plenty more things like that, the plot was either really badly written and scripted, or it was intentionally written to be bad but attract the fans anyway. I'm not sure which it was, really... I mean, is it intentionally so horribly stupid and inconsistent that it's good, or is that an accident, and most of the budget went into other stuff?

On the other hand, while I haven't read them I think that I heard that the LNs have a pretty bad story too, so perhaps it's just being accurate (or improved on?) the source material...

I was barely aware the show had a story. I mean, it's a generic haremshit which happens to have Awesome Mecha Fights. The show didn't even have a real overarching plot, it was just a bunch of random unrelated events strung end to end in order to give people an excuse to fight each other. The staff of the show obviously didn't care about the story of the LNs that much, such as it was, they were too busy trying to get to the next Awesome Mecha Fight.

Which was the right thing to do, quite frankly, the story is so hilariously thin that nobody ever even stops to consider why they train in and fly these mecha power suits, nobody's at war and the cost to run the school must be astronomical. And there's no reason why only women can fly them. They don't even pretend to try and give a made-up reason in the fictional world why this is, because who gives a fuck anyways? I mean, the actual reason they train in and fly mecha power suits only girls can use is so there can be an all-girl's school where a guy can be surrounded by girls who all want to ride his energy sword. The entire construction of the world and it's story exists purely to create the conditions where the harem can exist!

Was this one the beach episode, or was that ep. 8? Whichever of those that was, that one and episode 11 were the two stupidest of the series.

9 was the beach episode.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

cajunator

Banned
It's quite possible I spent about 5 hours watching anime girls riding horse-machines videos that only show them the waist up because I saw Yayoi doing it first.

Those videos were pretty damned stupid though, even for me.
Maybe if they were properly animated, but they are 3d models and just look ridiculous.

iavi

Bokutomo

What better way to spend a night awake, waiting for that lunar eclispe that's coming 6:00am than to marathon what's available of Bokutomo? There isn't one, and if there is, don't tell me. It's 4:30am, I'm actually kind of hungry, and do hate myself enough as it is.

Anyway, aside from the super pedo gazes that they've luckily kept to easily ignorable segments, the show isn't bad at all. It's fanserviced the fuck out, yeh, but I've always maintained that Bokutomo feels a bit different from your average harem, as formulaic as it begun. Idk why. For all I can understand, it might be the dialogue, or it might be the fact that Sena's dad is moe as fuck.

Lain

Chihayafuru 10

Mizusawa fight!
Saying that the episode was awesome, or good, or great seems too repetitive to me, so I'm going to say it was fantastic, almost epic. Chihaya is such a moodie player.

duckroll

Theory about Black Rock Shooter: The TV series is "8 episodes" on noitaminA. That would probably mean they're selling 4 volumes of DVD/BD with 2 TV episodes each. Maybe each volume has a bonus DVD/BD-only episode, making the series 12 episodes in total? Maybe this is a new marketing scheme?

duckroll

Not sure if this was posted, but I don't remember seeing a post for it.

newProjectAkito.jpg

Code Geass Akito the Exiled will be officially unveiled at a press conference on Jan 12 2012. The time has finally come.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I got sick of waiting around for Natsume season 4 so I started to rewatch Cross Game. Such a great anime.

:). Definitely looking forward to Natsume S4 more so than any other show from the Winter.

I was thinking about going through Touch because I never finished it, but I might wait until there is really nothing to watch.

Touch is a fantastic series. I preferred the anime over the manga but greatness none the less. Definitely my favorite of Adachi's works and well thus it's one of my favorite anime series ever. Cross Game was fantastic too but I don't think it had the same charm that Touch had.

I wouldn't mind a really good soccer anime. I understand there are Captain Tsubasa fans and such but I didn't enjoy it when I watched it ages ago. I've heard that Giant Killing was alright but I watched an episode and it seemed a little tame.

Captain Tsubasa is honestly boring, it really is. Giant Killing on it's own merits is a pretty good anime and it's honestly one of the better football series. Just historically there really hasn't been a great series for the sport, not like the ones for baseball, basketball and other sports.

Oh shit: Hanasaku Iroha Gets New Anime in 2012

I'm kind of excited. It was a decent show despite some pacing issues, and I enjoyed it. In was wondering what it was going to be since October, but it's nice they finally said 100%
for sure it's an anime.

Awesome. Really looking forward to it. HanaIro was a show I really enjoyed.

It's quite possible I spent about 5 hours watching anime girls riding horse-machines videos that only show them the waist up because I saw Yayoi doing it first.

Not sure if this was posted, but I don't remember seeing a post for it.

newProjectAkito.jpg

Code Geass Akito the Exiled will be officially unveiled at a press conference on Jan 12 2012. The time has finally come.

OMG YES. It's time for CLAMP to save anime once more. My life has gone downhill since Geass ended, I feel like I can never become the same great person I once was, Akito is going to be the show that gets me back on the tracks.

But I could have swore I've heard you say Akito was going to be announced about a dozen times already :(

Ezalc

Also this may be a silly question but what is the best Gundam to watch? I never bothered with it because when I saw a timeline photo back when Turn A Gundam came out, I just went "wtf?"

I was thinking about simply grabbing The 08th MS Team and maybe watching Turn A.

G Gundam.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Also this may be a silly question but what is the best Gundam to watch? I never bothered with it because when I saw a timeline photo back when Turn A Gundam came out, I just went "wtf?"

I was thinking about simply grabbing The 08th MS Team and maybe watching Turn A.

Really recommend 08th MS Team. It's my favorite Gundam anime ever. The OVAs in general are great, would recommend almost all of them and almost none of the series, but Turn A was one of the better series.

zeroshiki

You should watch the live action movie and tell us about it!

Yes yes, and while watching keep in mind that this is one of the most beloved Japanese properties ever.

Make sure not to cry
at how they butcher it

The is is the closest I'll get to seeing a hockey anime, I'm sure. I suppose for Japanese audiences, hockey is foreign and alien enough to be played in a scifi universe.

A very popular drama is about hockey. Look it up. Pride.

Dresden

lol
The Japanese publisher Media Factory is announcing on its website that an anime adaptation of Hajime Taguchi's Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imōto ga Iru! (One of Them Is My Younger Sister!) light novel series has been green-lit.

The story centers around Shōgo Mikadono, the son of an industrial magnate named Kumagorō Mikadono who passed away. As a final wish, Kumagorō gave Shōgo a condition before Shōgo can inherit the family legacy — find a female mate at school. Shōgo transfers into a school to fulfill that condition. However, he learns that he has a younger sister who was separated at birth. He does not know what his long-lost sister looks like, but she happens to be one of the students at his new school.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The brunette is obviously the childhood friend so we can rule her out.
If Serah's theme lyrics are any indication, Snow may be NTR'd at the end of the game and Noel is going to leave Serah in her own time alone after she falls in love with him.

But i'm just making guesses right now.

Lightning is still single though.

Don't make me give any more of my monies to Squeenix, dammit.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Since the guy knows he has a younger sister what is stopping him from going after girls older than him?

Calling the twist now. Main character thinks like you and chooses the one girl who is actually older than him.

Only her identity, unknown to her, has been faked and she's actually 2 years younger than she thinks.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Why the fuck are they making an Accel World anime? Oh wait, it's a light novel? Well there is barely enough manga chapters released, so I wonder what they are going to do (Besides dumb shit stupid endings that they always do).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom