• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Calling the twist now. Main character thinks like you and chooses the one girl who is actually older than him.

Only her identity, unknown to her, has been faked and she's actually 2 years younger than she thinks.

The twist will be that it turns out he was adopted so he isn't blood related to his "sister" but he is related to all the other girls.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Infinite Stratos 01:

I can't remember the name of the green-haired teacher, so I'm going to rename her "Om Nom Nom". So Orimura Ichika pulls an Ohgami Ichiro (oho, I see what they did there...) as he is the only male who can actually pilot an IS. It is nice that, being the standard bumbling male protagonist they made him, they put in a character who basically smacks him upside the head for being so stupid (the older sister). We have a brown-haired osananajimi who's good at Kendo, a blond ojou-sama who's the top elite pilot, and by the end they've set up a duel.

I like the artwork and animation, aside from the mechs being CG. Hopefully it keeps going well.

duckroll

Fate/Zero Ep11

Really interesting episode. Probably the most important conversation character-wise in the series so far. I think this episode justifies once and for all that Rider is the best character in the series. The way he's conceived, written, and designed just makes for a really awesome character. The art for the first half of the episode was a bit lower quality than usual, but the direction was good, and there are several scenes in the episode which more than make up for it in terms of art/animation.

I can't believe that after Hellsing OVA VIII and the upcoming Berserk movies all resorted to using CG for large army crowd scenes, it took a studio like ufotable to be able to animate such a scene using traditional animation. That scene looked AWESOME. So many unique character designs in the army crowd too.

Fate/Zero 11

Well now one part of the promo art for the anime makes sense. Gilgamesh's laugh cracked me up.

Im always baffled by the choice to censor and not.
Spears flying through the assassin's was quite bloody indeed

Fate/Zero 11

Well now one part of the promo art for the anime makes sense. Gilgamesh's laugh cracked me up.

Im always baffled by the choice to censor and not.
Spears flying through the assassin's was quite bloody indeed

Here's the thing with the censorship: What happened in this episode is acceptable. What Caster does in every episode would cause someone to come in and terminate the broadcast the second it appears.

Hey, that's Shoe in Guilty Crown.

And now he'll be voicing . . .

moyBp.jpg

What's this?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Man this hobby is so fucking expensive.

I ordered

YYH 2 Blu-ray
Spice and Wolf 1&2 Blu-ray
FMP Season 1 Blu-ray
FMP Fumoffu Blu-ray

and there is a shit load I still want to order from the right stuff but I'm stopping myself from getting them

Birdy Decode DVD sets 1 &2 (I haven't seen)
FMP Brotherhood Blu-ray sets 1 & 2 (I haven't seen besides the first episode, I watched the first series)

and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I haven't seen Spice and Wolf at all so I hope it's good.

Well now, I have a feeling that there was quite a bit cut out from the television broadcast of Fate Zero 11, since there was a line from Gilgamesh in the preview that was never uttered and one from Tokiomi who never even appeared in this episode.

Whelp, time to buy those blu-rays I guess

DiGiKerot

Well now, I have a feeling that there was quite a bit cut out from the television broadcast of Fate Zero 11, since there was a line from Gilgamesh in the preview that was never uttered and one from Tokiomi who never even appeared in this episode.

Whelp, time to buy those blu-rays I guess

And the cut the OP, and the edit where the ad-break would have went during the broadcast was really, really jarring...

duckroll

Ep11 was definitely heavily edited for time. You can tell from some of the transitions, or rather the lack thereof. I think they did a pretty decent job of making the episode still feel important, but it's clear that this was probably something like a 30minute episode or maybe even more.

cajunator

Banned
Man this hobby is so fucking expensive.

I ordered

YYH 2 Blu-ray
Spice and Wolf 1&2 Blu-ray
FMP Season 1 Blu-ray
FMP Fumoffu Blu-ray

and there is a shit load I still want to order from the right stuff but I'm stopping myself from getting them

Birdy Decode DVD sets 1 &2 (I haven't seen)
FMP Brotherhood Blu-ray sets 1 & 2 (I haven't seen besides the first episode, I watched the first series)

and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I haven't seen Spice and Wolf at all so I hope it's good.

You bought a bunch of great stuff no worries.
I think you will enjoy SPice and Wolf. It is an adorable (and somewhat educational) show.

scy

@Sister Russian Roulette: Clearly, whichever girl is chosen will always be the sister. Without fail.

@Accel World - The manga is interesting but I only know of about two volumes of content for it so far. Has really just started the plot so hard to say anything about it. Hell, I didn't even know there was an anime in the works.

/XX/

Even if the animation didn't accompanied it as it should have, that gentlemanly face-to-face reunion was the kind of key and powerful moment I want from this series, and it shows that the Servants are the real core of it.

In part, it was my fault in creating myself certain expectations, but at the beginning I assumed all the Masters as equals, in a real battle of interests, and making prevalent through shadowy manipulations their plans, so seeing later, for example, that Kayneth's empty and desperate cockiness under pressure proper of an antagonist, and the predictable outcome of that combat, disappointed me a little (I suppose the matter is that I'm fed up of certain character archetypes and this is not a problem of the show itself). Seeing this latest episode, something like Rider's full determination in demonstrating his philosophies, his convictions is what I like to see the most, a proper and respectful battle between different views, with pride.

Working'!! 11

The various plotlines weren't integrated as well as they usually are, with Nazuna's especially out-of-place, so this is probably my least favorite episode. Not enough Soma either. Still, there were nice moments with the Sato-Yachiyo relationship and adorable Poplar hair.

duckroll

They should make it a noitamina jonsi series revolving around Ohana in her 30s. With a 11-episode length directed by ANDO!

They should make a movie instead, about Ohana's ancestor.... Ohana, who runs a bathhouse in feudal Japan, and has to protect her customers and her family from an aggressive shogun... with her BLADE.

Dresden

It should be about that genki Aum girl in Underground who worked in a hot springs inn after leaving it and cried at the summer festival.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Speaking of sports anime...

Last Exile Fammy Fan Fan 10:

Hey look, moe hockey!
http://i.imgur.com/TOWSyl.jpg[IMG]

The is is the closest I'll get to seeing a hockey anime, I'm sure. I suppose for Japanese audiences, hockey is foreign and alien enough to be played in a scifi universe.[/QUOTE]
Damnit, firehawk, you just spoiled the conclusion to the episode with that screen for me! D:<

I figured [spoiler]there'd be at least another episode or so before Giselle got over her slump[/spoiler]. C'mon firehaw, you know you can't be post'n the subs like that. ;___;

[quote="PdotMichael, post: 33336861"]the condensed milk analogy is wrong! it tastes more like the noodle cooking water[/QUOTE]

[B]. . .[/B]

Nah, too easy.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
K-ON Hizamakura -- Mio Akiyama on Stage

onstage_aupddblzf3.jpg

To Japanese men there's nothing better than laying your head on the lap of that special girl, enjoying the healing warmth and softness of the girl's lap as they sleep. It's also nice to have her clean your ears with a traditional Japanese ear cleaner (called a mimikaki ), and this is considered a very romantic image of a happy couple. For anyone who wants to experience the joy of resting your head on a Japanese girl's lap with plush "Japanese Girlfriend Pillows" (called hizamakura in Japanese, literally meaning "knee-pillow"), which features the knees of your favorite K-On! girls. The soft pillows look like a real girl's knees, complete with socks and skirt (which you can lift up, naturally). Measures 14 x 7 x 10 inches (36 x 20 x 26 cm).

This is the K-On! style worn by Mio during the "Don't Say Lazy" ED. Great for all fans of Keion! (instock)

What the...

Dresden

Chihayafuru - 7

Watching Taichi
own the fuck out of Chihaya
is probably the second most satisfying thing I've seen all season, right behind idolmaster 23's
Producer taking a dirtnap on stage.

He's going to get friendzoned so hard though. Poor Taichi.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
K-ON Hizamakura -- Mio Akiyama on Stage

http://www.abload.de/img/onstage_aupddblzf3.jpg[IMG]

What the...[/QUOTE]

Okay, I can sort of get the whole dakimakura thing, even if it is kinda creepy. But this... is going a touch too far. >>;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom