• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guilty Crown 9
tumblr_lvwtexjaZ11r59wjoo1_500.gif

Well Shu was pretty cool as usual and taking initiative, nice! I thought the whole episode was an emotional rollercoaster. Felt so bad and sorry at the end. Shu didnt sign up for that, hope he is alright.

I dont know what the animators and story writers are doing with Daryl, is he never going to have a moment of glory?

The best moment was when Scarface was OOC, "its called knowing how to get ahead."

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yurisketch
Yurisketch x365
Yurisketch Hoshimittsu

hidazawa_zpse97f79ea.jpg

Black Lagoon OVA

Total shit. Any TV episode is better than this edgy speech competition.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
A very popular drama is about hockey. Look it up. Pride.
Jdrama?
Ah, yep. I'm sure there's like 2 minutes of hockey in it. lol

Damnit, firehawk, you just spoiled the conclusion to the episode with that screen for me! D:<

I figured
there'd be at least another episode or so before Giselle got over her slump
. C'mon firehaw, you know you can't be post'n the subs like that. ;___;
I figured it wouldn't be a spoiler since, well, this is an anime involving moe girls being moe.

Yu Yu Hakusho 10

One thing I'll never understand about these kinds of fights: Why, when you're trying to take your opponent by surprise, would you shout at the top of your lungs to let him know you're right behind him?

This place is so boring without the avatars. I can't tell anybody apart :(

At least we still have your ugly mug to liven things up.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Infinite Stratos 02:

So Ichika was apparently a total slacker while not with Houka, and fumbles his way through the duel which immediately makes him super attractive or something. An amusing, but predictable episode.

Infinite Stratos 03:

What could be better than one tsundere osananajimi, you ask? TWO tsundere osananajimis, obviously! With England in the mix, we have a combined three tsunderes and two osananajimis. That's pretty impressive in its own right. And Ichika continues to be an idiot. I mean, seriously, is it so hard to realize that the reason all the women around are acting so bloody possessive of you is because you're the only person in the entire school with a Y chromosome?

Ezalc

Infinite Stratos 02:

So Ichika was apparently a total slacker while not with Houka, and fumbles his way through the duel which immediately makes him super attractive or something. An amusing, but predictable episode.

Infinite Stratos 03:

What could be better than one tsundere osananajimi, you ask? TWO tsundere osananajimis, obviously! With England in the mix, we have a combined three tsunderes and two osananajimis. That's pretty impressive in its own right. And Ichika continues to be an idiot. I mean, seriously, is it so hard to realize that the reason all the women around are acting so bloody possessive of you is because you're the only person in the entire school with a Y chromosome?

Harem show man, harem show.

Infinite Stratos Encore (OVA):

Something happened between when I finished the series and when I watched this OVA. For some reason, I was really happy to see all the main characters again. Watching this OVA made me happy. I think I've been properly indoctrinated at this point and I'm ready for season 2 of the Dumbest Show on Earth. I would watch the shit out of it and I would enjoy every moment of it.

I'm kind of sad that Charlotte only got like 3 minutes of alone time with Ichika, then everybody else started rolling up after that. Charlotte is literally the only harem member who isn't a tsundere with other dere aspects, she's just dere. That alone should mean she ought to be the "winner", not that anyone ever really wins in a haremshit.

The author of the LNs wrote just about the dumbest thing that could ever be written but it is pretty clever that by assigning the ojou-sama the country of origin Great Britain, they could make fun of how bad her cooking is with a double-reference. The only good thing that has ever come out of the British Isles in terms of food is fish and chips.

The staff are certainly cruel to poor Houki, they gave her the hilarious honor of
almost "winning"
twice. I still think it's funny that people nerdraged at the final episode of the show where she was
about to "win"
and then nothing happened, as if this isn't what always happens in a haremshit.

The translator actually got it "correct" this time around, the correct reference that Laura makes is "Mai Waifu" and it was hilariously mis-referenced as "My Bride" in the show's translation. I still think it might have been intentionally mis-referenced, because there's no way someone translating a show like this wouldn't know about "Mai Waifu". Since the joke is that Laura learns everything she knows about Japan from her first officer who is an otaku, it's possible that the reference was supposed to be wrong on purpose and correcting it in the OVA is actually making it unintentionally right.

Forum moe?

I mean, we have GAF-tan already, we can easily go for SA-tan, Gamefaqs-tan, IGNboards-tan, the sky's the limit!

There is no planet in the universe where GameFAQs could ever be moe.

For some reason I can see your avatar and not anybody else's. What's going on that they took avatars down, some kind of maintenance?

GAF keeps on lagging and timing out, they've been working on fixing the slowdowns since the upgrade which added search.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I think Sato and sanji were twins separated at birth. Similar blonde hair. They both smoke. They both cook. They both have problems with women. Only difference is that one clearly doesn't have a problem belittling women.

Andrew J.

Mawaru Penguindrum 22

Was wondering if/when Double H was actually going to do something.

Natsume! oh nooooooooooo

Guilty Crown 09

Segai adopting Eagleman's mannerisms is the best.

Shit got real heavy at the end there. God damn, that's gonna leave some psychological scars on Shu.

duckroll

At the Ufotable Cafe realtime screening of Fate/Zero ep11, the staff confirmed that the BD version of ep11 will be a complete version with over 5 minutes of additional footage which they couldn't fit on the TV broadcast.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
At the Ufotable Cafe realtime screening of Fate/Zero ep11, the staff confirmed that the BD version of ep11 will be a complete version with over 5 minutes of additional footage which they couldn't fit on the TV broadcast.

Well guess I should pre-order my $369.98 blu-ray before it sells out.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

They didn't even have the opening. I'm not surprised they're adding more footage. I really hope they have US version of the BD versions so I don't have to import.

THE IDOLM@STER 16:

Yeah, I really am this far behind on this show.

This episode had Trial Dance in it, my favorite Hibiki track.

It also had Dr. Claw President Kuroi in it. He'll get Gadget next time! NEXT TIME!

Chihayafuru 1:
Kids are terrible people. That was a strong first episode (although I expected nothing less from Asaka), and the characters all became instantly interesting. The episode was set up great and it had my full attention the whole time. I'll look forward to seeing how the show develops.

e_i

Penguin Drum ep 22

This show will go down in anime history as the biggest mind fuck there ever was.
Four possible character deaths in one episode?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Chihayafuru 06-08: Nice to watch a good anime every now and again. So we've rounded up the 5 necessary members including Chihaya, Mr. Pussy-whipped, the cute Kimono girl, Desk-kun, and Porky.

I'd like to comment that I LOVE the music in this show. Very well composed, and though occasionally over-dramatic, it usually fits every scene. The scene in Episode 07 where they're playing with the cards
upside-down
in particular had music that was simultaneously quiet, intense, and beautiful. Masterful! Also, Chihaya's hair continues to be impressively drawn, and the overall direction is top notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom