• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_i

Idolm@ster Ep 23

Oh, what in the HELL? Did they really have do something like that?
Chihaya, rescue Haruka!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Infinite Stratos 04:

This episode was actually fun to watch. Are there more cool battles like this or is it straight harem from here on out?

Infinite Stratos 05:

My respect for Ichika goes up. Somehow, after Om Nom Nom managed to crash her mech straight into him on the ground, he still managed to end up on TOP and groping the goods. Obviously, he's got some mad skills. And apparently, so does she. The infamous Charles finally arrives, as does a German girl with an eye-patch who bitch-slaps Ichika for some reason. :p

Hey guys I was thinking about starting to watch the anime series Fairy Tail

But can anyone tell me how many episodes are in English so far and how often they come out?

I like watching english dubs over subs but I also noticed this show has like 100+ eps and Im just wondering if I should wait like full metal brotherhood or just watch them subbed.

Fate Zero 11

Good episode with a big focus on Rider.
Saber didn't come off particularly well in that exchange, she even had to be reassured by creepy Gilgamesh. I was looking forward to seeing Ionioi Hetairoi and it didn't disappoint.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Infinite Stratos 06:

Well it seems Char from this show and Subaru from Mayo Chiki buy their tit-suppression tape from the same vendor because HOLY SHIT WHERE DID THOSE STONKING GREAT TITS COME FROM CHAR??? O/////O

She's so cute...

But can anyone tell me how many episodes are in English so far and how often they come out?

I like watching english dubs over subs but I also noticed this show has like 100+ eps and Im just wondering if I should wait like full metal brotherhood or just watch them subbed.

1-12 episodes in English dub now. 12 more episodes coming in January, February, and March. Funimation hasnt said if they have the second season of Fairy Tail yet, but 48 episodes is good of the 109 episode series.

trejo

Infinite Stratos OVA

The first half was playing the haremshit rulebook completely straight but then the second half shifted focus to one of the girls no one gives a shit about. It needed more Char.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Shame we know the ending of Fate/Zero already
Archer vs Rider is still going be fucking epic. All the worlds Treasures vs an Army of Noble spirits. Its clear that those two are on a different plane than the others
. Both tickle my fancy so much.

scy

Infinite Stratos 06:

Well it seems Char from this show and Subaru from Mayo Chiki buy their tit-suppression tape from the same vendor because HOLY SHIT WHERE DID THOSE STONKING GREAT TITS COME FROM CHAR??? O/////O

She's so cute...

Nothing will top the tit binding from Samurai High School (manga). It's less than physically possible and makes these examples look like amateur hour.

...not that I've put that much thought into it or anything.

Ben-to 10

Why so much Kyo and Kyo in the opening... :(
Well Sato back in action and the precious unnamed faceless brunette. The fight was epic incarnate, one of the best of the show and great matching it to the music
But those shopping baskets, what was up with that so over the top it was so good
. The previous two episodes were worth it for this.

B.K.

Durarara!!

The last episode just aired on Adult Swim. Next week is the second OVA episode, but it shouldn't have any affect on my opinion of the series. I was really disappointed with the show. I was expecting a lot more out of it than I got. The series was way too unfocused. I don't think there was really anything major that happened in the first seven or eight episodes. The arc for the second half of the series was better than the first half, but it still dragged on longer than it should have. There were still episodes where almost nothing happened. After this and Baccano, I am finished with animes based on light novels unless I know that the novels were finished before the anime went into production or that the anime staff have made up an ending. I'm tired of not having an ending.

Durarara!!

The last episode just aired on Adult Swim. Next week is the second OVA episode, but it shouldn't have any affect on my opinion of the series. I was really disappointed with the show. I was expecting a lot more out of it than I got. The series was way too unfocused. I don't think there was really anything major that happened in the first seven or eight episodes. The arc for the second half of the series was better than the first half, but it still dragged on longer than it should have. There were still episodes where almost nothing happened. After this and Baccano, I am finished with animes based on light novels unless I know that the novels were finished before the anime went into production or that the anime staff have made up an ending. I'm tired of not having an ending.

But Baccano did have an ending.

Durarara!!

Since I just saw the same episode, I'll chime in. The ending was......well, it just left me with a "whatever" type of feeling. Nothing really got resolved (maybe one of the main plots but that's basically it) and it only hurts that I'll NEVER read the light novels. Don't know what's going happen in the bonus episode next week, but I'm sure it will be good. As for the show itself, I won't say that it left me disappointed, but for the most part, it's a decent show. Baccano is vastly superior when comparing.

C+

Baccano is awesome, and has a complete plot arc which is satisfactorily resolved, even if there are a couple loose ends left for the unadapted light novels to pick up. Durarara isn't as good, but I still enjoyed it - first half more than the second. I didn't mind the ending, maybe because long experience of watching anime has taught me not to expect completely conclusive endings.

Dantalian 9

I've been quietly finishing up this show - it's not very good, but it's got a cool protagonist, books, and 1920s England, so I like it. Anyway, this is a very special Osamu Kobayashi episode with crazy art style shift and world shift and everything. I confess I don't care for Kobayashi's style much, but it was still neat to watch and the concept of
going inside a book to fight bookworms
was imaginative and well-realized. This is probably the last we'll see of old Gainax, so it's an episode to cherish.

iavi

Durarara, so much more than Baccano, suffered from the fact that it had limited resources in which it could work with. The show was executed pretty well, for what was able to execute. Another season, and some closure would be nice.

Articalys

Ben-To 10

No sir, still not enough to redeem the show for episodes 8 and 9. I will admit however that is is a start. Also, sneaking in the reference to Akira's famous quote "Juu'nen hayain da yo!" ("Ten years too early!") was a nice touch.

Persona 4: The Animation - 10://Being hollow inside may be hazardous to your health

This adaptation continues to get better and better with every episode. It's getting to the point where I can actually call it worthy of the game, one of my favorite JRPGs of all time.

They managed to cram a great deal of material into this episode, but it didn't feel choppy and disjointed like the first episode. They are also continuing to change the story in subtle ways, and one scene in this episode very strongly implies that they are planning on going with the game's True End as the anime's ending. I wonder if they'll be able to fit all of it into the show's broadcast run or if the True End will be saved for the BD/DVD releases.

Rise is <3

Dresden

chihayafuru - 8

Now that all the nakamas are together, the five of them need to train up a bit before they take out Arata Stalin.

You could wait, but this is a show that will likely go past 200 episodes. Who knows if Funi will dub it in its entirety.

Fate Zeroz 11

Rider is awesome! Quite the Noble Phantasm he's got there. Very definition of overkill.
I like how all the assassins are all like "fuck this shit" and try to run away to no avail.

Persona 10

This feels show feels more like boss rush mode with how fast they're banging out the dungeons. Nothing has a chance to build up before its already over. Also I wish
Shadow Teddie
was that easy when I fought him.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Persona 10

This feels show feels more like boss rush mode with how fast they're banging out the dungeons. Nothing has a chance to build up before its already over. Also I wish
Shadow Teddie
was that easy when I fought him.
He's easy when you don't cast Bufu on him.

wonzo

Banned
So did the Persona 4 anime pick up in quality? I dropped it at ep 4 but I might start watching it again if it's gotten better...

NewFresh

Live action Ranma 1/2

Started off strong (wire-fu) but then began to falter and loose track.

Akana is so adorable and nice in this that it makes me love/hate her. She is nothing like the show but oh so :cajun worthy.

Panda and weird S&M minions are worth seeing.

3 self boob grabs out of 5

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Live action Ranma 1/2

Started off strong (wire-fu) but then began to falter and loose track.

Akana is so adorable and nice in this that it makes me love/hate her. She is nothing like the show but oh so :cajun worthy.

Panda and weird S&M minions are worth seeing.
Also upgraded middle sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom