• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

weeaboo

Medaka Box animu confirmed YAHOOOOO

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-09-28/medaka-box-manga-gets-tv-anime

This year's 43rd issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing on Monday that a television anime adaptation of NisiOisin and Akira Akatsuki's Medaka Box school fighting comedy manga has been green-lit. More information will be provided in future issues of the magazine.

I wonder if it really is a Gainax project.

Also another zzzzzZZZ sports animu by I.G

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-09-28/kuroko-no-basuke-basketball-manga-gets-tv-anime

This year's 43rd issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing on Monday that a television anime adaptation of Tadatoshi Fujimaki's Kuroko no Basuke basketball manga has been green-lit. Production I.G will produce the anime

Toriko 2-8

Somehow I like the anime way more than the manga, all of the foods looks so much more delicious than they already did. My favorite moment was when Toriko tasted that Rainbow Fruit and the following scenes of it changing flavors at least six times in his mouth. They were drooling so much at just looking at it.

Im lost as to the purpose of Tina though...its like a dose of bad filler every episode.

Defuser

I must say Kugi loli despite having competition from younger and veteran seiyuus still emerges to the top with the amount roles she having right now which are lead/side lead roles not to mention some of them are long running series.

Zero no Tsukaima 4
Shana 3
Fairy Tail
Gintama
Persona 4
Yakuza games
Hayate no gotoku 3 (coming soon)

I would add in bleach but her roles are too minor despite long running.

El Sloth said:
Haha, Cosmic posts the same thing and gets ignored.
Damn you 100 page per post!

Articalys

Being a idiot with a huge forehead makes you moe. Who knew.
C4
1st 225 Run @ A Channel
2nd 166 Meiko Honma @ Ano Hi Mita Hana No Namae Wo Bokutachi Wa Mada Shiranai
3rd 75 Madoka Koumoto @ Hoshizora E Kakaru Hashi

D4
1st 233 Yuno @ Hidamari Sketch
2nd 119 Stocking @ Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt
3rd 91 Tsugiko Zenigata @ Detective Opera Milky Holmes
And with this we've reached the halfway point for round 2. Take a break; we'll be back tomorrow, when two of the remaining Puella Magi will get put to the test.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Articalys said:
Being a idiot with a huge forehead makes you moe. Who knew.

And with this we've reached the halfway point for round 2. Take a break; we'll be back tomorrow, when two of the remaining Puella Magi will get put to the test.

It's been true in anime for 30 years! The more you know.

Yuno didn't utterly dominate though. I am sad :(

Dresden

So the first volume of Maken-ki comes with a body pillow:

SI6MB.jpg

Meh, not as slutty as the Ohana ones.

scy

cosmicblizzard said:
MEDAKA BOX ANIME CONFIRMED!!!! No word on who's doing it yet, so no idea if those Gainax rumors were credible or not. Kind of hoping against them since there would be no chance of a continuous adaptation. I want to see the yandere girl animated :/

Truth.

Though, I just want to see it animated period.

Dresden said:

http://i.imgur.com/SI6MB.jpg[IMG]

Meh, not as slutty as the Ohana ones.[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't ... shouldn't they wait for the show to air?

NewFresh

scy said:
Truth.

Shouldn't ... shouldn't they wait for the show to air?

Wait, you are supposed to watch shows THEN buy the body pillows. I've been doing it all wrong! But who watches anime these days anyway?

scy

EmmanuelMunoz said:
Wait, you are supposed to watch shows THEN buy the body pillows. I've been doing it all wrong! But who watches anime these days anyway?

I need to know about the character before I can clutch their pillows tightly at night. Call me old fashioned but it's just the way it is.

Jex

Dresden said:

http://i.imgur.com/SI6MB.jpg/IMG]

Meh, not as slutty as the Ohana ones.[/QUOTE]
Yeah but it's a secret.
[QUOTE=zeroshiki]Ok, you win. No one is worse than that asshole.[/QUOTE]
It's true, he's kind of like the a-bomb for asshole anime protagonists. Nothing can, or should, top him.

Jex

Dresden said:
There's more. She just tends to be defined around here by her JC Staff roles.
That's correct, we're overlooking her wide range of roles because we're a bunch of filthy haters.
Articalys said:
Okay, following some of the side links from that Kugimiya video I found this absolutely amazing display of Mamoru Miyano's performance. Watch and try not to laugh with him
That's...amazing.

Jex

DrForester said:
It's awesome how many people are discovering Utena.
It took it's time, but the Utena wagon is back in town. There's been quite a range of members checking it out in the last few months.
Morro! said:
Starting to watch Utena - Akio's Arc.

An incredible ride so far and i'm only on chapter 28. This show has Class written all over.
Nanami is the best.

nanaminotamago.gif

jman2050

Hellsing321 said:
Yeah I think this show might flounder here with a dub like that.

I hope this doesn't end up being a sunk cost for them. Media Blasters needs to start fishing for viewers aggressively.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
darkside31337 said:
Madoka saved anime.

Uta Pri utterly dominated Summer season sales. Kind of wish Idolmaster had a traditional release because I am pretty sure it would have gotten crushed by the inferior idol show.
Is there a news article on this regarding units of sale? Seeing how Blu-Rays are more expensive and shit.
Jexhius said:
Regulus X Jexhius is my OTN (One True Nakama)

Jex

Unknown Soldier said:
You know, it's actually pretty cool seeing these people doing the voices. The Jun Fukuyama one is awesome too, I wonder if he actually had the arrogant face on when he did Lelouch.
It's impossible to say Leloch's lines without looking arrogant, I imagine.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Unknown Soldier said:
Zero no Tsukaima 1:

Holy shit, it's Tsundere Harry Potter!

This show is pretty funny. I think I'll enjoy it considerably more than I did the 6 episodes of Shana I grinded through before giving up. At least ZnT is a comedy instead of that weird serious vibe that Shana was giving off.

ZnT tops out at ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY WALK INTO MORDOR Saito.

ZnT bottoms out incredibly bad with the ending of Season 3.

Shana Season 3 could be awesome if done right, but it probably won't be.

Spoilers for those that don't care or already know
Yuuji becomes one with the Snake of Festivals and becomes evil.

Jex

[Gintama 40-42]

Ah, a serious business/character arc mixed with comedy. Amazing. It's really hard to pull this off once, to do it consistently is impressive.

It's also nice to see Sunrise blow some cash/talent on those action sequences when they need too.

[Gintama 43]

This may well be filler, or not, but either way it's decidedly cheap-looking (notice the lack of inbetween animation, low detail mise-en-scene, lazy character positioning and poor framing) but it still managed to be pretty darn entertaining throughout. Good stuff.

scy

Trojita said:
Spoilers for those that don't care or already know
Yuuji becomes one with the Snake of Festivals and becomes evil.

I'm interested in seeing how they even get to this plot point in the anime :/

Kaiji S2 Final

What a bro ending. Everything got wrapped up nicely and
Kaiji finally gets his happiness. It was awesome when the OP from season 1 started up.
I don't think they'll adapt anymore of the manga with the way this ended, but I'm totally cool with that.

Jex

jman2050 said:
What the squid did I just watch?
Hellsing321 said:
Yeah I think this show might flounder here with a dub like that.
darkside31337 said:
This dub is already swimming with the fishes.
jman2050 said:
I hope this doesn't end up being a sunk cost for them. Media Blasters needs to start fishing for viewers aggressively.
Dynedom said:
It does seem to be a steamy situation
Are you sure you guys don't need to be first-posting on some news event elsewhere in off-topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom