• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
darkside31337 said:
Kugi is in the 2nd season of Index! Voices a loli with braided hair to boot.

Index is the worst female ever. I can't ever recall a show where the titular character gets pushed to the side that hard because everybody, the fans and the creators, realize she's a terrible character and literally every other female in the series is better than her.
zeroshiki said:
Kugimiya appears in S2 as a loli nun :p
Good friends don't let their friends watch Kugilolis. :(

Unknown Soldier said:
familyguyretch.gif

Damn, now that I'm going to drop Shana, I'm not sure where to go in order get my next Rie fix. Maybe I'll try watching Zero no Tsukaima or something. Only 13 episodes for ZnT season 1 so it will likely be more like Badass Aria and less like Boring Shana. I hope.

You're a glutton for punishment aren't you?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dresden said:
There's more. She just tends to be defined around here by her JC Staff roles.

There have been plenty of good Kugimiya roles. Just not plenty of good Kugiloli stuff which is basically all the JC Staff stuff.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
icarus-daedelus said:
Interesting. Where'd you get that from? (Don't mean to come off as hostile, just curious.)

It's not super-urgent, I'm just slightly less broke than usual so I figured I'd treat myself
for my birthday
. If waiting is a better idea I can hack it, tho.
Just super common to see price crashes on everything during November and December, and it is very common to be able to pick stuff up through retailers through deals related to the holiday season. But there's never any guarantee that it'll hit what you're specifically eying.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
InfiniteNine said:
Let's watch our goddess Rie do her stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64k0DHx9C98
Zc7mW.gif

Steroyd

Dresden said:
Two worst things from two series combined into one:

http://i.imgur.com/WfQuSl.jpg[IMG]

Final season is called ZnT F.[/QUOTE]

Dayum.

Edit:

Trolljita NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/Charc/Gifs/kill-it-with-fire.gif

Gintama 207-208

I'd totally wear glasses that shoot laser beams and transform you into a mech magical girl thing.

The punishers were hilarious. Basing an entire skillset around killing someone by giving them a t-shirt too small for them is an awesome idea.

Pachael

cosmicblizzard said:
MEDAKA BOX ANIME CONFIRMED!!!! No word on who's doing it yet, so no idea if those Gainax rumors were credible or not. Kind of hoping against them since there would be no chance of a continuous adaptation. I want to see the yandere girl animated :/

The other rumor is that it's a split two 'cour' (Summer/Fall), making 2012 a Nisio year end to end.

Regulus Tera said:
Mayo Chiki 01: HOW THE FUCK DID HER SHIRT AND PANTS GET UNBUTTONED LIKE THAT BY SOMEONE FALLING ON TOP OF HER

IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE
Yeah, episode 1 was good stuff... unfortunately though, don't expect it to stay that good.

zeroshiki

Regulus Tera said:
Mayo Chiki 01: HOW THE FUCK DID HER SHIRT AND PANTS GET UNBUTTONED LIKE THAT BY SOMEONE FALLING ON TOP OF HER

IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE
well uh
OK?

The main dude in Mayo Chiki is actually a secret character in Towa no Quon (or X-Men) whose mutant power is to undress any hot girl he comes into contact with.

Morris

Disco Devil
Starting to watch Utena - Akio's Arc.

An incredible ride so far and i'm only on chapter 28. This show has Class written all over.

And Utena needs to stop using that prince cheatcode!

Zero no Tsukaima 1:

Holy shit, it's Tsundere Harry Potter!

This show is pretty funny. I think I'll enjoy it considerably more than I did the 6 episodes of Shana I grinded through before giving up. At least ZnT is a comedy instead of that weird serious vibe that Shana was giving off.

Zero no Tsukaima 2:

This...this...

THIS IS FUCKING HILARIOUS AND AWESOME!!

I love how the headmaster of this school is totally Gandalf. He has the Gandalf beard and the Gandalf staff. He's kinda perverted though.

The other students are pretty funny too. All the supporting cast seem to be quite amusing, including pretty-boy Guiche here who gets into a fight with hapless Earth boy in this episode.

And then there's Louise. She's absolutely Tsundere Harry Potter. So awesome. Actually, come to think of it, that means Louise is like Hermione. [Neo]Woah.[/Neo]

/XX/

Blader5489 said:
Is this the autobiography project that he's supposedly working on?
Most probably, yes. Toshio Suzuki mentioned the project would be based on a unspecified "autobiography" (自伝) that could refer to anyone, and Mr. Miyazaki's The Wind Rises illustrated novel gives an insight on a big part of Jirō Horikoshi's life presented through moments and related information he lived and described. A funny little thing to add is that some characters including the protagonist are represented as anthropomorphic pigs, as sometimes Hayao Miyazaki has used this to portrait himself and characters that share similar interests (like in Dining in the Air or A Middle-aged Man Runs Toward the Wasteland).

Jexhius said:
That sounds rather serious for a Hayo Miyzaki project. I guess he's a fairly serious man when you read his interviews, so I suppose it's possible.
You mean because of the events described (Second World War and such)? I've only seen fragments myself, but others have commented how The Wind Rises retains a romanticized vision of the time and evades to describe seriously crude moments in depth. For this, and the presence of fantastic and supernatural elements in it, people has estimated this work as similar to Porco Rosso (something that I'll love to see again in a new film from him).

Steroyd

Kaiji - END

Oh Kaiji, doing what you do best.
Producing an epic fail despite being victorious.

Manly tears were shed.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Unknown Soldier said:
Zero no Tsukaima 1:

Holy shit, it's Tsundere Harry Potter!

This show is pretty funny. I think I'll enjoy it considerably more than I did the 6 episodes of Shana I grinded through before giving up. At least ZnT is a comedy instead of that weird serious vibe that Shana was giving off.

But Harry Potter and his friends had skill....

And Harry was the opposite of a Tsundere. He pretends to like everything but secretly hates everything.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
A Black Falcon said:
She didn't, though, unless you missed how she kicked him once he made the slightest move towards her. Sure, she might have suggested that maybe in the future she might want to go farther (depending on how you interpret her line), but she wasn't saying anything about the moment. As I said above, it was, of course, a standard harem tv anime "misunderstanding". I called the ending of that scene pretty much from the beginning, and it happened just as expected. Kind of stupid, perhaps, but eh, not too bad really... it's not like they're boyfriend and girlfriend yet, and they are still young.

True, but this was after his spiel about wanting to wait until he was with the woman he loved or something like that. I believe the door was open, but then it was closed after that (thus the later reaction). I'm probably reading too much into that.

He should go for Kanade anyway. Much hotter, sexier voice, and he's definitely an M, where she's an S. A perfect(?) match!

Steroyd

Ika Musume S2 - 01

I don't ink I'm going to get used to this shrimpy speech in the subtitles. D:

At least I have one show this season I can watch to the squiddin end without considering suicide by drowning.

Kamisama Dolls 13

Even though he's been Super Useless the whole time, it doesn't feel wrong that he managed to pull his girl. It seems now Super Useless is ready to take some action. Maybe I'll finally remember his name.

Oh wait, that's the last episode. =/

Aigis said:
Bandai USA finally adopts a more sane pricing scheme!!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005PR2FAG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Now if only they would've started this on something better than Star Driver..

Im just glad they are actually selling it on amazon, too many of their other anime are exclusive to their bandai store or rightstuf.

Jexhius said:
[Sacred Seven Finale]
Action and Animation

First and foremost, it’s animated and directed a lot better than it’s rival. While T&B does splash a little bit of cash around for its action sequences, the choreography is pretty lacklustre. In SS there are a number of fight sequences which are all well animated and more importantly it’s not just the fight sequences that look nice – the episode as a whole looks very solid, where T&B is disappointingly inconsistent.

This particular episode might not aim for the most elaborate fight sequences but they do really focus on large scale action, which is usually a way to make an action sequence seem “more awesome” without actually making it more complicated. But it sure looks great:

This isn’t really a recommendation on my part, just a straight observation. There’s no need to go out and watch either of these two episodes, but one is clearly a lot better than the other in pretty much every respect.

I just wish Sacred Seven final episode had been on the same order of intensity and action as episode 9 was, the series highlight.

-Minsc- said:
Bleach - Current filler arc end.

Yeah, I'm posting about Bleach here.

When you consider the bad track record for shounen filler arcs, I found this one actually turned out quite well. Had some cool battles, especially the final showdown. There was some very nice visual candy in the final episode.
I thought it was decent, he was no Muramasa but still better than Jin Kariya...
I thought it was pretty nice how Rukia was the main one doing action apart from Ichigo in the episode. Her attacks actually hit Kageroza
. Hopefully no more full filler arcs until middle or late 2012.

DrForester said:
But Harry Potter and his friends had skill....

Harry Potter wasn't a straight comedy. It had funny parts, especially in the first 3 novels before everything turned into Serious Business, but it wasn't ever meant to be a comedy.

ZnT is evidently supposed to be comedy through and through. And the easiest way to create comedy is to make the main character be utterly inept. So Louise really sucks at this. She's the anti-Hermione in terms of skill, even though she's absolutely like Hermione in terms of the tsundere.

And Harry was the opposite of a Tsundere. He pretends to like everything but secretly hates everything.

That's why I said in my post about episode 2 that Louise is actually like Hermione, though she occupies the main character role that Harry did.

Zero no Tsukaima 3:

Hey, a talking sword. They're not holding back with the wacky in this show. This is good.

"Can't I keep both?"
/gets kicked in the face by both Louise and Kirche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom