• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cwarrior

darkside31337 said:
In FLCL's defense it's one of my favorite GAINAX shows. I actually managed to get through it all without wanting to quit watching anime.

Friendship medal of honor! Awesome!

The best thing about flcl is nice sakuga and its only 6 episode.
edit:wait scrath that

My fav gainax show is gurren lagan it ended at episode 8
I want to forget the rest

Uchip said:
what about diebuster :p

Never seen it

Seen

ttgl
p&s
flcl
neo genesis what's it name(still the worst anime I’ve ever seen)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
darkside31337 said:
I never watched Diebuster. Gunbuster was so awful
iPkNX.gif

-Minsc-

cosmicblizzard said:
Gintama 209

This show still has the best recap episodes. Hasegawa's cardboard song was great. That movie trailer also looks badass, but I assume it isn't real since it seems pretty damn important for the series' canon.

Looks like next episode is when the arc where everything apparently changes begins. Been waiting for this and now I finally get to start it. Better be awesome.

That whole bit was an OVA for Jump Festa 2008. It was mainly the same except for some dialog changes in the movie theatre part and the absence of the original One Piece theme at the end.

darkside31337 said:
I never watched Diebuster. Gunbuster was so awful just like everything else Anno touches.

FLCL was fine though.

Diebuster is more Gurren Lagann than Gunbuster. That's why I liked it a lot more.

-Minsc- said:
That whole bit was an OVA for Jump Festa 2008. It was mainly the same except for some dialog changes in the movie theatre part and the absence of the original One Piece theme at the end.

Ah, makes sense.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Usagi Drop 9-11: HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!!!! SO GODDAMN CUTE!!!!!

I'm such a sap for cute stuff like this but man, just... HNNNNNG!!!

duckroll said:
Nah. The QC team was just too much in awe at watching the best animated episode of Bleach of all time. Can't blame them.

haha probably. Say what you want about fillers, but imo, bleach tends to do pretty well without kubo. The animation team can finally make fights look interesting without the shackles of manga panels.

The only reason fillers end poorly is because it needs to return to kubo town =/

Toriko 25

Always nice to see more gourmet hunters/knights. The guy with the scars seems cool and we finally get to hear about Zebra. Hope this is a cool arc.

-Minsc-

GinTama 210-214

Someone here gave me the urge to re-watch this arc. A very nice, I need not say much more than that.

I like the voice of the guy who did Jirocho. It really stands out.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
trejo said:
Utena 30

No one can resist Akio's charms. No one.

You may think you can but you'd be dead wrong. You can't.
You purpose the statement wrong. Its more along the lines of why would you resist his charms? There is no answer!

cajunator

Banned
Unknown Soldier said:
Zero no Tsukaima 1:

Holy shit, it's Tsundere Harry Potter!

This show is pretty funny. I think I'll enjoy it considerably more than I did the 6 episodes of Shana I grinded through before giving up. At least ZnT is a comedy instead of that weird serious vibe that Shana was giving off.
Shana is pretty boring, althougH I kind of like the bizarreness of it. I liked ZNT much better. Wait, why the hell do I own so many fucking shows with Rie in them? I think I might be subconsciously torturing myself.

Angel Beats 1

This is without a doubt one of the most incompetent shows I've seen on every level: music, animation, direction, writing, everything. Incredibly clumsy storytelling. It takes all the worst flaws of Jun Maeda and PA Works and crams them into a short time span which somehow feels incredibly long due to nothing happening except loads of dumb exposition in some pathetic attempt to get us to care about the world and the one-note characters in it.

Now I understand why "from the director of Angel Beats" is such a pejorative around here.

Dresden

Imagine how cool it'd be if Angel Beats was about the haruhi clone as the Corinthian from Sandman meting out biblical justice while murdering hookers and stealing their crack.

B1AIml.jpg

Uchip

Banned
cajunator said:
I can name 8 of those. I don't know who Mrs Perky is or #3.

if you cant name #3 how can you name #6?
and i assume ms perky is nami from one piece, though its not her traditional getup

Jex

hosannainexcelsis said:
Angel Beats 1

This is without a doubt one of the most incompetent shows I've seen on every level: music, animation, direction, writing, everything. Incredibly clumsy storytelling. It takes all the worst flaws of Jun Maeda and PA Works and crams them into a short time span which somehow feels incredibly long due to nothing happening except loads of dumb exposition in some pathetic attempt to get us to care about the world and the one-note characters in it.

Now I understand why "from the director of Angel Beats" is such a pejorative around here.
Yeah, it was pretty something all right. Something awful.

Jex

Instro said:
Would Excel Saga be considered less popular? Probably not I suppose. Detroit Metal City and Cromartie are also great stuff. Loved the comedy in Lovely Complex. That's an interesting topic though since I haven't really seen too many pure comedy shows outside of the most well known ones. I've been meaning to watch Dirty Pair, but haven't really gotten around to it yet.
These days? Probably. Plus you can only take a few episodes of that at a time!

Jex

A Huge Battleship said:
Azuma... er, well Pani Poni Dash was a good watch. Also enjoyed all 3 seasons of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.
I think that was more of a deep social satire.

Neo C.

Finished Hanasaku Iroha yesterday. Conclusion: Nako is ma waifu. In fact, she got more charming points than your average ma-waifu-material. The longer the anime goes, the more charm she shows.

Jex

Infinite Justice said:
As for Golden Boy: the anime is cool but the manga starts to drag really hard imo
I should really check out that show, I've heard good things over the years.

Jex

[Angel Beats 2 - Dropped]

This show isn't good, obviously. It's pretty terrible. Not in the haha terrible, but in the bad: characterisation, direction, tone, writing and visual composition departments. I actually felt bad watching it, like, uncomfortable. It's hard to describe, but I don't like it. It's damaging my soul.

Jexhius said:
[Angel Beats 2 - Dropped]

This show isn't good, obviously. It's pretty terrible. Not in the haha terrible, but in the bad: characterisation, direction, tone, writing and visual composition departments. I actually felt bad watching it, like, uncomfortable. It's hard to describe, but I don't like it. It's damaging my soul.

Worst than School Days? since you managed to go through all of that. :O

Jex

Infinite Justice said:
Worst than School Days? since you managed to go through all of that. :O
School Days is funny though. At least it has a coherency to it as it moves forward. Angel Beats just repeatedly hits in you in the face with stuff until you accept it or move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom