• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
cajunator said:
Oh certainly I am an expert on cuteness in anime, and that monstrocity up there is not cute (to be fair her character design is)
But this is approaching some kind of twisted monocle territory, so I'll leave at that.
Haruko Momoi is the original anime goddess and Kugimiya Rie is a pretender.
But Faris Nyan Nyan sucks.

Morris

Disco Devil
Utena 29

This sums it up pretty nicely:

Regulus Tera said:
iPkNX.gif

Shiori is a bitch, seriously. Poor Jury ;_;

Lain

cajunator said:
Oh certainly I am an expert on cuteness in anime, and that monstrocity up there is not cute (to be fair her character design is)
But this is approaching some kind of twisted monocle territory, so I'll leave at that.
Haruko Momoi is the original anime goddess and Kugimiya Rie is a pretender.
Whoever doesn't pay respect to Goddess Rie is on my list.
You better watch out, because I'm sending the lolis to kick you in the balls whenever and wherever you least expect it.

cajunator

Banned
Lain said:
You better watch out, because I'm sending the lolis to kick you in the balls whenever and wherever you least expect it.
Never said I have a problem with loli characters.

Steroyd

Paradise Kiss 11 - END

A well done show about life choices but I don't like how they did the little ten year later timeskip for the last 30 seconds of the whole series, where the sole purpose of it was just to troll me.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Steroyd said:
Paradise Kiss 11 - END

A well done show about life choices but I don't like how they did the little ten year later timeskip for the last 30 seconds of the whole series, where the sole purpose of it was just to troll me.
The show loves you Streoyd. It'd never try to hurt you~

cajunator said:
Oh I certainly don't like Rie's voice.
You got that right.

T-T-T-This is u-u-u-unforgivable! Apologize right now, y-y-y-y-you disgusting mongrel!

Zero no Tsukaima 7:

Louise in a meido outfit. She's a pretty lousy waitress though. Comedy ensues.

cajunator

Banned
I think the whole tsun-tsun thing is what turns me off her voice mostly. It sounds grating and repetitive. Haruko momoi was just adorable and voiced cute crazy characters. She wasn't scolding the audience every 5 fucking minutes.

See right here where Rie is singing Renai circulation it is ok. she doesn't sound like a little screechy bitch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayJdEzhqQ0I
Actually I think maybe it's just because that song is so fucking great to begin with.

Lain

I'd let Rie scold me any time she wants.

Dantalian 2

The fire in the fireplace isn't animated, it really looked weird. Not as weird as the ED of the first episode but still...

cajunator

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
god that song is hypnotic fuwa fuwari fuwa fuwaru it's like it's speaking to my sould shit whaaagh
It is a ridiculously cute song, although I've heard some songs that are slightly cuter.
If you listened to that kind of music for 5 hours straight you would be excused for thinking everybody in Japan shits rainbows and kittens.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
cajunator said:
It is a ridiculously cute song, although I've heard some songs that are slightly cuter.
If you listened to that kind of music for 5 hours straight you would be excused for thinking everybody in Japan shits rainbows and kittens.
Songs like that are the reason I don't let anyone listen to my music players.
Unknown Soldier said:
Nah, Rie's singing voice actually does sound like that. This is what I get to listen after every episode of ZnT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv-Nu6Z-eUc
I prefer Zero no Tsukaima second season's ending, myself.

It even comes in Idoru form!

mAcOdIn

Lain said:
How many lists do you have and when you're as cranky as you are how have you just now started to fill them in?

cajunator

Banned
Unknown Soldier said:
Nah, Rie's singing voice actually does sound like that. This is what I get to listen to after every episode of ZnT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv-Nu6Z-eUc
Yeah I actually liked that song. rie can sing some really cute songs I don't disagree with that. It's just how she chooses to voice her characters that I hate, although that shit seems to sell so whatever.

Unknown Soldier said:
Rie scolds me pretty much whenever I want her to. Iori is one of the playable idols in THE IDOLM@STER SP. It's pretty much as glorious as you can imagine.
I would punch her in the face if she scolded me like that.
I guess that makes us different.

Morris

Disco Devil
Utena 30

Gotdamn, Akio is just too much. He probably bangs the whole campus on a daily basis. What a pimp.

cajunator

Banned
I managed to watch one season of it and it didn't make me claw my face off but I'm not sure if I could survive a second unless I watch a dub.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Morro! said:
Utena 30

Gotdamn, Akio is just too much. He probably bangs the whole campus on a daily basis. What a pimp.
I need an Utenapopcorn.gif. In its absence, I shall use this:

vhrLn.jpg

Unknown Soldier said:
Ummm, I kinda have to finish the first season of ZnT before I can start the second one. Everything must occur in the proper sequence, as you can see!
You watch everything on Wikipedia anyway, it's not like you really care about spoilers.

Lain

mAcOdIn said:
How many lists do you have and when you're as cranky as you are how have you just now started to fill them in?
Well, I've been converted from indifferent to believer in Goddess Rie through all the badmouthing she was subjected in these threads, so it's not long since I started needing a list for the infidels who badmouth Her Greatness.
Now, are you one of... them, or are you one of us?!

Articalys

Sket Dance 26 (Sket Dance x Gintama)

Again, it was mostly a straightforward adaptation of the Sket Dance version of the crossover chapter with a couple added lines, amusing but not as crazy as the Gintama version.

Then the real second half of the episode started.

Time travel shenanigans for everyone! Also fell over laughing at Switch's "tuturu~", among other things.

In more direct Sket Dance news, looks like next week is Onee-san's debut.

Steroyd

Sket Dance x Gintama (Sket Dance - 26)

First half was hilarious (reading the manga crossover helped), second half had obvious padding. :lol

Regulus Tera said:
You watch everything on Wikipedia anyway, it's not like you really care about spoilers.

Woah woah woah, that depends a lot on what it is. Some things, yeah I don't care if I'm spoiled. Other things I will go on media blackout for so as to avoid being spoiled.

I actually do kind of know the basic plot outline for ZnT, for example I know why Louise is so completely incapable of using regular magic. But that doesn't really change the fact that I generally prefer to watch TV series in episode order even if I already know what happens.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Unknown Soldier said:
I actually do kind of know the basic plot outline for ZnT, for example I know why Louise is so completely incapable of using regular magic.
A girl wouldn't be moé if she weren't a complete klutz at something.

mAcOdIn

Lain said:
Well, I've been converted from indifferent to believer in Goddess Rie through all the badmouthing she was subjected in these threads, so it's not long since I started needing a list for the infidels who badmouth Her Greatness.
Now, are you one of... them, or are you one of us?!
There's few lists in my life that I've just felt I had to be on but "the hates Rie" list is one of them, I must be on it.

But anyways, does this mean you don't actually like her you just root for the underdog? That's nice. She still won't return your phone calls though.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Steins;Gate marathon'd like a champ.

What a show. The first few episodes were a bit lame but I imagine most of that came from the confusion shared between myself and the better half. I kept insisting that it seemed to be a worthwhile show judging from some of the light banter I sifted through now and again, so I suggested we watch a bit more and it seemed that it was episode 4 or 5 that turned her around.

Then everything else was a blur.

Great story premise, interesting characters incl. Mayuri - the typical archetype that makes me want to rip my penis off, and the ending was nice. It felt like it dragged a little at times but overall a pleasant surprise.

-Minsc-

Spirit Dance - 26

I'm up for more crossovers done the road. I fully expected to see the Yorozuya in the ending credits. However, I did not expect
Gintoki cosplaying Kagura and Kagura cosplaying Gintoki. Oh, Sadaharu!
Not much in the opening credits except for
Switch putting on a Gintoki wig instead of a mask.

Lain

mAcOdIn said:
There's few lists in my life that I've just felt I had to be on but "the hates Rie" list is one of them, I must be on it.

But anyways, does this mean you don't actually like her you just root for the underdog? That's nice. She still won't return your phone calls though.
Nah, I liked her, just not in a particular way. My burning passion for her was lit only by the hate sent her way, which should make the detractors think twice imho!

Changing the subject to Dantalian, I found myself surprised seeing on wiki that the VA for Dalian is the same person that voiced Yano in KnT and Canaan in Canaan (and a plethora of other stuff) as her voice sounds completely different to me as what I remember those characters' voice sound. Rie would have fit a lot better though, that's for sure!

cajunator

Banned
Neo C. said:
AMG Together Forever 2: Belldandy looks gorgeous. :9
What series is this?
I only know of two and an OAV. I don't have the OAV.

Also you shouldn't be ashamed of moe music. It's cute as fuck and it makes you happy. Listen to it and screw the haters. I listen to it sometimes with the sunroof open and sure a few people stare, but who cares?

Steroyd

Utena - 25

3NKJ3.gif

Where to begin, this whole episode was just one big huge WOW, like... my head just exploded WOW, so much greatness compacted into my tiny brain in a short 20 minutes.

And a shirtless Akio and Touga on TWO occasions they're too bright, I'm being blinded.
I wish Akio would hold me closely to, ah crap, what am I typing!?

weeaboo

Steroyd said:
Utena - 25

[IMGttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/Charc/Gifs/3NKJ3.gif[/IMG]

Where to begin, this whole episode was just one big huge WOW, like... my head just exploded WOW, so much greatness compacted into my tiny brain in a short 20 minutes.

And a shirtless Akio and Touga on TWO occasions they're too bright, I'm being blinded.
I wish Akio would hold me closely to, ah crap, what am I typing!?

oho~ You're reaching those moments, prepare your body to receive Ikuhara's dick

A Black Falcon said:
Of course you people were going to hate it, can't possibly challenge AnimeGAF's "we hate Key (because no one else does and we want to be unique)" narrative now can we?

Angel Beats is a very good, high quality show, with good writing, good characters, and a somewhat unique plot. And yes, it does get even better as it goes along.

I have vocally defended Key in the past because I do enjoy some of their stories (Kanon 2006, Clannad VN) and have felt they get too much hate here when they can construct enjoyable characters and effective, if manipulative, drama. So don't try to pretend like I had some preexisting agenda that made me blind to the true quality of Angel Beats. No, it is just that bad. I could not find any redeeming value in the first episode to give me a good reason to keep watching. It is by far the worst Key-related thing I have experienced.

weeaboo

So GAF, this is part of the Skyward Sword (new Zelda) plot

The new game’s storyline begins in Skyloft, an island town suspended high in the sky, on the day before young Link is to compete in a major bird-flying competition. The winner of the contest will earn the honor of taking part in a special ceremony with Zelda.

Link and Zelda: Friends since childhood, Link and Zelda have always shared a special bond. Events in the new game will add even more depth to their relationship.
Groose: Link’s nemesis at school, Groose, plays a significant role in the early moments of the new game. This bully of a character not only threatens Link’s chances to win the bird-flying competition, but he also reveals a jealous streak toward Link and Zelda’s special bond.

We clearly need a Zelda moe-of-life animu, it's now or never

Defuser

Sket dance ep 26:
Sket dance x Gintama - Man that was bad.....really bad,not even Gintama can save it. They actually finish it half way and tried to pad it out with very bad filler but even before that, it sounds very unnatural,unfunny,no appropriate bg music and badly timed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom