• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

Blood C - END

MegukaSmirk.png

Trololol doesn't quite cut it here.
Saya protected a whole village.

I think that was the first decently paced fight scene in the whole series. And that was... one hell of a gruesome end to say the least, i've never laughed so hard.

Instro

Blood-C 12
Saved the entire budget for that episode. The action scenes were pretty outstanding, particularly that sword fight which was very nice. I burst out laughing at the
blender scene.
Can't wait for bluray release, that was so fucking gruesome.

duckroll

Blood-C 12 - TV End

That was seriously amazing. I've been enjoying this series from the start, and I was never trolling when I said it was the show I looked forward to the most each week. I'm a huge CLAMP fan, and this is basically a perfect example of the classic CLAMP which I love. It is completely over the top, makes no compromises, takes a totally inane genre troupe and turns it into hilarious action entertainment bordering on self-parody.

The production values are great, and the fights were mostly all very well choreographed. The music is definitely the high point of the series. But man. This ending. THIS is what I watch anime for. THIS is what anime does from time to time that no other medium does. THIS is the feeling I have waited for. THIS is it. The euphoria of seeing the unbelievable and unexpected wash over me in frame after frame of delicious incomprehensible visuals.

THANK YOU ANIPLEX.

THANK YOU PRODUCTION IG.

THANK YOU CLAMP.

I will be ordering the R1 BDs the moment they are available. I cannot wait for the movie. Holy fuck.

ANIME STATUS: SAVED NOW AND FOREVER (PROTECTED BY SAYA)

Jex

[Blood - C Finale]

There are no words.

Seriously thought, that's pretty impressive. It's not often that violence in any anime, or regular production, is sufficiently visceral and generally unpleasant to watch. Well played.

As for THAT SCENE. Well...it pretty much goes far beyond what any anime has done in this area. Setting the new standard for misanthropy.

Steroyd

So which was everyone's favourite protection scene?

1. Nene(?) leg split
2. Blender
3. Kebab

Commiserations to the class president, for being so random, yet so hilarious.

duckroll

Steroyd said:
So which was everyone's favourite protection scene?

1. Nene(?) leg split
2. Blender
3. Kebab

Commiserations to the class president, for being so random, yet so hilarious.

My favorite protection scene is
when the jeep protects the hell out of the people running towards it for help.

Risette

A Good Citizen
duckroll said:
Blood-C 12 - TV End

I will be ordering the R1 BDs the moment they are available. I cannot wait for the movie. Holy fuck.
But wouldn't it help the industry more if you ordered the R2 BDs? Wouldn't it support the creators more?

couldn't resist

Jex

I was kind of impressed/horrified by Shiki recently in the horrifying death area, but they pulled out the 'visceral' for this show. So much censorship, for so many reasons.

Kagami

duckroll said:
Blood-C 12 - TV End

ANIME STATUS: SAVED NOW AND FOREVER (PROTECTED BY SAYA)
Hell I'm ordering the Japanese BDs right now.

Only volumes 3-6 though.

Instro

They should have done this as an OVA series. It would have been better for it without the padding and the censorship. Hot damn though if the Blood-C movie captures the kind of entertainment value that finale and some of the other episodes had, it's gonna be so much fun.

duckroll

Aigis said:
But wouldn't it help the industry more if you ordered the R2 BDs? Wouldn't it support the creators more?

couldn't resist

Considering it's Aniplex, maybe the R1 and the R2 BDs are the same! Loooooool!

Jex

Miri said:
Well, It looks like I need to watch ep 12 of Blood-C tonight. I hope it's actually good this time.
I don't think one could describe it with such a simple world.

Go_Ly_Dow

Jexhius said:
I was kind of impressed/horrified by Shiki recently in the horrifying death area, but they pulled out the 'visceral' for this show. So much censorship, for so many reasons.

The Shiki special was a lot more gruesome than the main show.

Articalys

Blood-C 12

What

No really, what

To quote Spike Spencer, "The movie better sure as hell make up for this"

That was an incredible amount of gratuitous violence

Dresden

Mizushima: If you think Blood-C is boring, I feel really sorry for that. However, I'll keep on believing in my policy of direction since I don't know how to control the impression of the audience. Please don't take that I won't listen to the opinions from fans. Of course, I respect the reactions of the audience, but please let me sort out among them.

Vindication.

Kagami

Steroyd said:
Oh I can save you time with the first 5 episodes via a sentence.

In the day I'm a normal schoolgirl who sings, at night I kill monsters.
You can't skip the first half entirely--you'd miss Bread Store Guy's episode.

Dynedom

Alternative title for the Blood-C finale: Blood-
Chop-O-Matic
!

Dresden said:
Mizushima: If you think Blood-C is boring, I feel really sorry for that. However, I'll keep on believing in my policy of direction since I don't know how to control the impression of the audience. Please don't take that I won't listen to the opinions from fans. Of course, I respect the reactions of the audience, but please let me sort out among them.

Vindication.

So basically movie trilogy confirmed
to finish the story

Steroyd

Kagami said:
You can't skip the first half entirely--you'd miss Bread Store Guy's episode.

The first batch of episodes were so formulaic, I think I blanked out, because I can't remember what happened in them outside of the status quo.

Jex

Dresden said:

Vindication.
Steroyd said:
The first batch of episodes were so formulaic, I think I blanked out, because I can't remember what happened in them at all.
All part of the plan.

Geneijin

Dresden said:

Vindication.
There's something ironic in this response after watching that finale.

duckroll

Articalys said:
So, is this the most trolling series of the last few years, or the most trolling series of all time?

There was no troll. It was exactly what I expected, except it surpassed even my expectations.

Jex

Articalys said:
So, is this the most trolling series of the last few years, or the most trolling series of all time?
It has to be of all time. It's hard to think of anything to top that.

Dynedom

One thing that this Blood-C finale did is ruin any hopes I had
for Rukia vs killer bunnies in the current Bleach manga arc. There is no way those bunnies will live up!

Jexhius said:
It has to be of all time. It's hard to think of anything to top that.

Ergo Proxy. Then again, maybe I just didn't get it.

Steroyd

Articalys said:

Code Geass has more episodes of fabulousness, but I can't think of one that has a better climax than this.

Infinite Justice said:
*Blood-C stuff*

Now i will have to fully check this out

Fuck you animeGAF, fuck you :(

Excellent.

iavi

Dynedom said:
Ergo Proxy. Then again, maybe I just didn't get it.

Yeah, that series was about as earnest in its nonsense as you can get. They really weren't trolling, yet we all got trolled. Masterful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom