• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuukan

Defuser said:
Sket dance ep 26:
Sket dance x Gintama - Man that was bad.....really bad,not even Gintama can save it. They actually finish it half way and tried to pad it out with very bad filler but even before that, it sounds very unnatural,unfunny,no appropriate bg music and badly timed.

Sunrise gave 120% effort on theirs, Tatsunoko gave 20%.

That bossanova kid could've been replaced with a still picture the whole episode and I probably wouldn't have noticed. Shinpachi's glasses had a bigger role than he did.

Steroyd

Utena - 27

nanaminotamago.gif

Oh Nanami you so crazy.

And I think it's a good time to stop right there, that was not a good idea starting the Akio arc when I need to save some inkling of my mind for...

Penguindrum-Thursdays.gif

NewFresh

Who watched the cooking show episode of IM@S and though, "I wish there was a live-action version of this?"

Well there you go!

Bonus DVD with cast
I-man live-action version of the Gerogero Kitchen - (tentative)"
Cooking variety show appeared in episode four, "Kitchen Gerogero" reproduce the cast! In the first time in this volume no less slapstick of animation, the studio will be hard .... Win the battle for food or for which a team plays! (Or four in the first place can cook ...?) Coming soon!

-Minsc-

Defuser said:
Sket dance ep 26:
Sket dance x Gintama - Man that was bad.....really bad,not even Gintama can save it. They actually finish it half way and tried to pad it out with very bad filler but even before that, it sounds very unnatural,unfunny,no appropriate bg music and badly timed.
Bad? Not really. It could have been better but it wasn't bad in my mind. There was lots of fanservice so I'm happy with it. Though Kagura vs Himeko in a badminton match may have been a better way to pad out the episode.

scy

watervengeance said:
I hate you guys. I'm gonna waste so much time listening to Idoru renditions of anime songs. :<

So glad I'm at work otherwise I'd probably be lost in the same :/

Jex

icarus-daedelus said:
Shiori is just misunderstood!
It's Juri's fault she can't get over a stupid middle school crush. I mean, yeesh.
But I guess if everyone just got over their stupid hangups we'd have no show, eh?
Drama would be dead!

iavi

Steroyd said:
Sket Dance x Gintama (Sket Dance - 26)

First half was hilarious (reading the manga crossover helped), second half had obvious padding. :lol

This was also a big issue with the Gintama x Sket Dance ep too. I don't want to say that the should have left the chapters alone if they were going to do it so obviously half-assed, cause I am glad to just see them done, but I do wish that a bit more thought went into what were supposed to be pretty commemorative eps.

Dresden

*8, *8,367 *8,367 Yuru Yuri vol.1
*9, *8,110 *8,110 Uta no&#9734;Prince-sama&#9834; Maji Love 1000% vol.1

YURI YURI SHOW OF THE SEASON*

ignoring dvd sales lulz

Dynedom

Jexhius said:
[Angel Beats 2 - Dropped]

This show isn't good, obviously. It's pretty terrible. Not in the haha terrible, but in the bad: characterisation, direction, tone, writing and visual composition departments. I actually felt bad watching it, like, uncomfortable. It's hard to describe, but I don't like it. It's damaging my soul.

Time to bring out the list!

jman2050

A Black Falcon said:
I know I've said it repeatedly, but all you have to do is look ... um, almost anywhere else and you should be able to tell that no, the exact opposite of this is true. It's animegaf and it's extreme Key hate that is the exception. Even the rest of GAF doesn't agree with animegaf's anti-Key people, as you can see with how Angel Beats finished near the top of the list in the "best anime of 2010" thread.

No, you're not doing this Appeal to Majority BS. Not to mention how you try to claim a majority while completely ignoring icarus's actual point, which is anime in general, including KEY stuff, exists in a space with no real critical platform because it's only catered to specific niche of people and the majority of people willing to invest themselves in talking about a particular series are the ones who like it. There are exceptions, but they are just that: exceptions. This particular community happens to be filled with a bunch of idiots like myself that will willingly attempt to watch anything that comes out and talk about it, because it's fun. And it's fun precisely because for the most part we can air out whatever accolades or denouncements for any series we like while filtering out the inherent biased nature of fanbase circlejerks. So don't try to tell us that "everyone else likes KEY you all are just a bunch of haters" with a straight face because it's bullshit. It's like me claiming that everyone loves Ar Tonelico because I can't find a lot of criticism for it online. It's even more baffling because going by your rules, you supporting Nichijou is wrong because no one at large gives a shit about it.

Jex

A Black Falcon said:
I know I've said it repeatedly, but all you have to do is look ... um, almost anywhere else and you should be able to tell that no, the exact opposite of this is true. It's animegaf and it's extreme Key hate that is the exception. Even the rest of GAF doesn't agree with animegaf's anti-Key people, as you can see with how Angel Beats finished near the top of the list in the "best anime of 2010" thread.
Bashing the ever loving crap out of KEY is not something that's GAF only, it's found in pretty much any anime blog/review/podcast site that actually has trustworthy opinions.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
cosmicblizzard said:
About time Japan caught on to naming their kids after characters.
Although Japan does have a list of banned names, Kamikawa's choice is legal. Some of Kamikawa's fans liked the name, but others expressed concerns that it may cause problems for the boy as he grows up. "Ace" does not sound like a typical Japanese name and may also be difficult for some people to read correctly.
Wut

Jex

speedpop said:
Steins;Gate marathon'd like a champ.

What a show. The first few episodes were a bit lame but I imagine most of that came from the confusion shared between myself and the better half. I kept insisting that it seemed to be a worthwhile show judging from some of the light banter I sifted through now and again, so I suggested we watch a bit more and it seemed that it was episode 4 or 5 that turned her around.
To be fair, that was really the shows fault for having a really weak opening, as if they were trying to sabotage themselves.

Trojita said:

I can kind of understand it. I mean how often do you want to see this happen?

Of course if Ace is legal, it's probably pretty close to anything goes. A name can be literally anything. You can name your kid Chemical Castration D'angelo if you wanted. There are quite a few combinations of letters and characters in the world, so you can't add all of them to a ban list.

Dresden

cosmicblizzard said:
I can kind of understand it. I mean how often do you want to see this happen?

Of course if Ace is legal, it's probably pretty close to anything goes. A name can be literally anything. You can name your kid Chemical Castration D'angelo if you wanted. There are quite a few combinations of letters and characters in the world, so you can't add all of them to a ban list.
I can somewhat empathize, too. Some names should be banned.

Jex

cajunator said:
Oh certainly I am an expert on cuteness in anime, and that monstrocity up there is not cute (to be fair her character design is)
This would be some tag material, if you weren't already accurately tagged.

Jex

Lain said:
Dantalian 01

Maybe I'm nitpicking, but that gun didn't make a loud enough bang, I was disappointed.
I had so many other complaints, weak audio was the least of my worries.

Dresden

Steroyd said:
Well there's only one correct response to weeaboo right now.
Shouma, man.

Why's he so moh-ay? Especially when he's getting his forehead flicked. Wearing that low cut shirt and all.

Jex

icarus-daedelus said:
Pretty sure those are all secretly run by the monolithic entity known as animegaf (hey, don't we have a few KEY fans here?) and by appeal to popularity such contrarian opinions are invalid anyway.
I must say we have our work cut out for us, secretly running the internet and all.

Jex

[Kaiji S2 - Finale]

A pretty good finale, if I ignore some of the visual problems (although I've been doing that the whole season anyway). I think it's pretty telling that this episode is
far more interesting than most of the actual 'gamble', even though that's supposed to the tense part

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Blood-C 12: I can't tell if that was a good or bad ending, but damn it was gruesome as fuck. :X

Blood-C fin: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL MOVIE TIME 6/10

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Got my popcorn and my beer for the big week. Blood-C finale, it is time to protect everything.

A nice finale going into the fall season is all I'm asking for. I know Saya wouldn't let me down.

Lain

Infinite Justice said:
Its funny that everyone who watces Utena proclaims Akio to be the boss of bosses.

thats fucking crazy.
I think I didn't. He's a smooth motherfucker, but I kept thinking he was an asshole
that dirtied my Utena!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom