• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uchip

Banned
cajunator said:
Myself, I have no standards and I like super-happy cute things, because I am insane. But somebody has to buy this stuff I suppose.

I like perverted cute things though
just not when they look juvenile!
and i have seen the anime when it first aired, and all i remember was them moving house or something

cajunator

Banned
Uchip said:
I like perverted cute things though
just not when they look juvenile!
and i have seen the anime when it first aired, and all i remember was them moving house or something
I agree with you, having Mii nudity is kind of stupid and uncomfortably loli, but its kind of hilarious how much she likes "puffy things" (breasts, cow udder!). The show is pretty much hypercute mediocrity but there is actually a little story in there somewhere.

Steroyd

Watching Unkown Soldier go through Zero no Tsukaima, just made me remember that I stopped watching season 1 right in the middle of episode 10 for no reason.

Time to rectify that.

cajunator

Banned
Unknown Soldier said:
The first one. Yeah yeah, LTTP and all that.

Zero no Tsukaima 11:

SHIT.
JUST.
GOT.
REAL.
I thought I recognized some of those events. Yeah the first season is alright.

By the way, have you guys tried this snack called Kikiriki Drumstix from Nongshim? holy fuck they are like little chicken drumsticks and they taste like it. Best snack in the world.

mAcOdIn

Lain said:
Nah, I liked her, just not in a particular way. My burning passion for her was lit only by the hate sent her way, which should make the detractors think twice imho!
No, I'm similar psychologically, before I just hated her, as I hate everyone whom I don't like as it's one or the other for me, but now I really really hate her as I can't stand seeing other people like someone I don't like.
Steroyd said:
Watching Unkown Soldier go through Zero no Tsukaima, just made me remember that I stopped watching season 1 right in the middle of episode 10 for no reason.
Oh there was a reason.

Zero no Tsukaima 12:

Man, I would have been PISSED if I had watched this show when it was airing, with no idea if it would be a success, no idea if it would get another season. Because this would likely have been the first and presumably final season had it been a sales failure.

I suppose I should feel lucky that this was one of the shows that Rie rode to Tsundere Stardom and it has gotten 2 additional seasons afterwards. The setting is actually pretty interesting. Supposedly season 2 is pretty epic as it follows the story of the LNs more closely and covers the
war with Albion, or Reconquista
. The map of the world seen briefly in this episode confirms that this world is roughly like a medieval Europe with magic. All the country names, Tristain, Gallia, Germania, and Albion are from the Roman names for the places which today are called Spain, France, Germany, and Great Britain. Amusingly, in this world Albion is a flying island, whereas the real Great Britain is rather firmly anchored to the Earth.

Oh, right, the lost dragon is a
Japanese World War II-era Zero fighter plane. So the events on this world and the events on the parallel Earth are running in, well, parallel. Siesta's great-grandfather was a Japanese fighter pilot during WWII and accidentally flew through a solar eclipse, which actually is a moment when Earth and this world are briefly connected, and landed in Tristain. Siesta is a descendant of this man, who parked his fighter in a hidden valley roughly 60-70 years ago where it was discovered again by the various members of the cast. Saito was summoned through a portal that Louise created 60-70 years later from modern Tokyo.

Shinryaku!? Ika Musume Episode 1

IDdiP.jpg

One season, one moe show

NewFresh

cajunator said:
By the way, have you guys tried this snack called Kikiriki Drumstix from Nongshim? holy fuck they are like little chicken drumsticks and they taste like it. Best snack in the world.

Yes! They taste pretty damn good. They probably have a ton of sodium though...but who cares!

Thoraxes

Unknown Soldier said:
Zero no Tsukaima 12:

Man, I would have been PISSED if I had watched this show when it was airing, with no idea if it would be a success, no idea if it would get another season. Because this would likely have been the first and presumably final season had it been a sales failure.

I suppose I should feel lucky that this was one of the shows that Rie rode to Tsundere Stardom and it has gotten 2 additional seasons afterwards. The setting is actually pretty interesting. Supposedly season 2 is pretty epic as it follows the story of the LNs more closely and covers the
war with Albion, or Reconquista
. The map of the world seen briefly in this episode confirms that this world is roughly like a medieval Europe with magic. All the country names, Tristain, Gallia, Germania, and Albion are from the Roman names for the places which today are called Spain, France, Germany, and Great Britain. Amusingly, in this world Albion is a flying island, whereas the real Great Britain is rather firmly anchored to the Earth.

Oh, right, the lost dragon is a
Japanese World War II-era Zero fighter plane. So the events on this world and the events on the parallel Earth are running in, well, parallel. Siesta's great-grandfather was a Japanese fighter pilot during WWII and accidentally flew through a solar eclipse, which actually is a moment when Earth and this world are briefly connected, and landed in Tristain. Siesta is a descendant of this man, who parked his fighter in a hidden valley roughly 60-70 years ago where it was discovered again by the various members of the cast. Saito was summoned through a portal that Louise created 60-70 years later from modern Tokyo.
It's pretty much all downhill from there. Though, for some reason I enjoyed the end of Season 2 and a bunch of Season 3. It just doesn't live up to Season 1 in my eyes.

Dresden said:
I've just been waiting for the uncensored, so i'm always behind a week. Unless that was this week's uncensored, in which case I need see it.

PdotMichael said:
Why? Great show with a great cast. And a fantastic status quo ending.

I think it's probably because most of the shows that I've watched have been Shonen or harems. The only other shows I've finished besides those have been Eden of the East, Lovely Complex and Usagi Drop.

Keep in mind that I began watching anime besides the popular shonens (One Piece, Bleach, etc.) only 3 months ago. I'm trying to appreciate other animes unlike my shonen-loving friends.

Thoraxes said:
It's pretty much all downhill from there. Though, for some reason I enjoyed the end of Season 2 and a bunch of Season 3. It just doesn't live up to Season 1 in my eyes.

From what I'm told, the second and third seasons had a different director and writing team. With no expectation of another season, the first season stole the best comedy moments from later on in the LNs and it was intentionally ended with no particular intent of there being any more.

So the second and third seasons more closely followed the LNs, weren't nearly as funny, and some parts were really serious. I'm not sure how that fits with Louise and Saito's relationship, which is intentionally comedic. If it turns all serious and boring like Shana I'll be pretty disappointed. If it turns serious and epic and awesome then I'm okay with it.

The ratings on MAL/ANN for ZnT 1, 2, and 3 are 1 > 2 > 3. So I've probably seen the best the show has to offer. I really want to see Louise fuck more shit up with
void magic
, that's kinda hawt. A tsundere with
destruction magic
, sign me up for that shit.

Zero no Tsukaima 13:

Oh hey, tease us with epic shit and then end the show. Thanks a lot. I guess it's the best J.C. Staff could have done at the time, since they had no idea if they were going to do another season or not. I'm sure people who were following the show when it aired were pretty pissed, J.C. Staff trolled the shit out of the audience by ending it like that.

I'll just get on with season 2.

cajunator

Banned
Clairvoyance said:
I think it's probably because most of the shows that I've watched have been Shonen or harems. The only other shows I've finished besides those have been Eden of the East, Lovely Complex and Usagi Drop.

Keep in mind that I began watching anime besides the popular shonens (One Piece, Bleach, etc.) only 3 months ago. I'm trying to appreciate other animes unlike my shonen-loving friends.
Have you seen Kino's journey, Twelve Kingdoms, Haibane Renmei, Mushi-shi, or Now and then Here or there? If not, you should check those out. Not joking around, these are really great.

cajunator said:
Have you seen Kino's journey, Twelve Kingdoms, Haibane Renmei, Mushi-shi, or Now and then Here or there? If not, you should check those out. Not joking around, these are really great.

I haven't seen any of them besides the first episode of Haibane Renmei which I liked. The next anime I plan to watch is Dennou Coil but after that I'll be sure to check those out. I added them all to my "Plan to Watch" list on MAL so that I don't forget. Thanks for the recommendations.

Zero no Tsukaima: Futatsuki no Kishi 1:

Name too long. I'll just call it ZnT 2.

Hey, this shit is in HD now. The quality of animation is improved too. I guess they sold enough copies of the first season. Lucky me.

Let's see now. Louise is still Louise. Saito is still Saito.
Princess
Henrietta
has now ascended the throne and is Queen of Tristain.
The rest of the supporting cast all get a quick once-over as well in hilarious fashion thanks to Saito's awesome glasses.

Time for another season of Louise alternately abusing and being madly in love with Saito! Sometimes both at the same time! Oh, now she's going to be learning
void magic
too. Shit might get real.

cajunator

Banned
I get really tired of all the overly abusive girl characters in harem shows. It is kind of stupid. Not many guys would actually put up with that shit to begin with.

Dedication Through Light said:
I wonder if it will be something truly original or make it swift retelling of the first part of the anime. I just hope they keep some of the in anime music for it, especially this song.

I clicked on the link to make sure it was the best song from Ao no Exorcist.

I did not leave disappointed.

Lain

cajunator said:
I get really tired of all the overly abusive girl characters in harem shows. It is kind of stupid. Not many guys would actually put up with that shit to begin with.
Masochism is more widespread than you'd believe.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
cajunator said:

It's so bad in these shows because the main lead has his choice of about anywhere from a handful of girls all the way up to a dozen girls. The abusive girl is by far the worst be it in terms of personality and looks and yet she wins. Every damn time. Damn you Kugi. Damn you.

NewFresh

cajunator said:
The mentality of a male anime character is a confusing one.

You are clearly not into being dominated cajunator.

M_Night said:
Blood-C 3

I'm so confused.

That just means you are still sane.

-Minsc-

darkside31337 said:
It's so bad in these shows because the main lead has his choice of about anywhere from a handful of girls all the way up to a dozen girls. The abusive girl is by far the worst be it in terms of personality and looks and yet she wins. Every damn time. Damn you Kugi. Damn you.

All that means is the male lead is a wuss who will in reality will be dumped by said girl.

darkside31337 said:

I don't know about losing in looks, they usually put a lot of effort into making sure the winner is drawn the prettiest. As for personality, you just haven't learned to appreciate the tough love of a tsundere, but you will someday. :3

Mayo Chiki 13

Uhh, that was entertaining, I guess. The glasses chick is usually annoying, but she managed to shine quite nicely here. It's weird that she thinks she won't like guys because she's drawing BL all the time. Really, shouldn't she be thinking that of course she likes guys because her stories are nothing but? Well, whatever. Overall the show was better than I was expecting.

cajunator

Banned
Unknown Soldier said:
H-H-H-He just has 17 shows with Rie in them because he likes their plots and animation!
Rie is in cute shows. I think about 90% of the stuff I have is moe/cuteness. It pretty much goes hand in hand. I also have 5 or 6 Broccoli shows for the same reason. Cuteness is attractive to me. I feed off it, like a moe-vampire.

Neo C.

Idolmaster 13: Of course the lazy genius goes full force, but she also has the support of my two favorite girls during the second song.
And of course Chihaya won't let the chance slip when Miki has already pushed the crowd

duckroll

Next week is going to be bittersweet. No more Saya protection, and no more I'm Lady. :(

I hope the new OPs for Pendrum and Imas are good. :(

NewFresh

cajunator said:
Rie is in cute shows. I think about 90% of the stuff I have is moe/cuteness. It pretty much goes hand in hand. I also have 5 or 6 Broccoli shows for the same reason. Cuteness is attractive to me. I feed off it, like a moe-vampire.

You're a sucker for moe~

duckroll said:
Next week is going to be bittersweet. No more Saya protection, and no more I'm Lady. :(

I hope the new OPs for Pendrum and Imas are good. :(

This will stay with you forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVzttBCZjbs&feature=channel_video_title

zeroshiki

Mawaru Penguin Drum 12

NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fuck you ikuhara

I'm... going to go listen to some Linkin' Park and cut myself now.

weeaboo

zeroshiki said:
Mawaru Penguin Drum 12

NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fuck you ikuhara

I'm... going to go listen to some Linkin' Park and cut myself now.

pfff
Sanetoshi obviously will revive her next week

Also random question:
Is Yuri having sex with little Mario too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom