• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Clairvoyance said:
Why are Penguindrum fans so...defensive?
Stating you dislike a show and here's why: fine

Stating you dislike a show with reasons that don't actually make sense: we might have an issue with those reasons!

Nix

Banned
PdotMichael said:
cwarrior for example

maybe he ist not sick but he makes me sick
Finisher~ God damn, that was cold.

Anyone thinking of watching Gundam-AGE this month? I'm skeptical about it, partly because the main character is going to be "building" the gundam. Is it really a gundam then?

Reknoc

Nix said:
Finisher~ God damn, that was cold.

Anyone thinking of watching Gundam-AGE this month? I'm skeptical about it, partly because the main character is going to be "building" the gundam. Is it really a gundam then?

He builds his own Gundam? Now that's Perfect Grade.

Jex

Clairvoyance said:
I think it's probably because most of the shows that I've watched have been Shonen or harems. The only other shows I've finished besides those have been Eden of the East, Lovely Complex and Usagi Drop.
It really sounds like you might enjoy expanding your range. There's plenty of threads on GAF to help you with that, or even right here.

Jex

duckroll said:
Next week is going to be bittersweet. No more Saya protection, and no more I'm Lady. :(

I hope the new OPs for Pendrum and Imas are good. :(
I imagine they will be, I'm keeping the faith.

Penguin Drum 12

Amazing episode. Don't have much else to add beyond what others have said. Can't wait to see where it goes from here.

cajunator said:
Hmm...Rosario to Vampire season 1&2 coming out on disc. To buy or not to buy/?
Stay far away unless you like shitty harem hijinks and nothing else.

cajunator said:
Hmm...Rosario to Vampire season 1&2 coming out on disc. To buy or not to buy/?

If you want monster-girl harem antics, go for it. If you want monster-girl harem antics that genre-shifts into a battle series, just read the manga.

Erigu

[Mawaru-Penguindrum]

So is it safe to say the siblings' parents haven't been seen in real time because they've recently been arrested (or are now on the run), and the media picked up on it quite a bit?
-> The uncle saying they won't come back
-> Their first names were stricken off from the house plaque (common practice in cases like these, I believe?)
-> One of the victims' mother is familiar with the last name
-> The brothers hide their pictures when they have guests
(Possibly also the reason Himari stopped going to school? Ijime, too?)

cajunator

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
If you want monster-girl harem antics, go for it. If you want monster-girl harem antics that genre-shifts into a battle series, just read the manga.
I actually don't read any manga.

Jex

Lain said:
Blooc-C 12

Well... hmm... the action was pretty cool,
Saya protected everyone, the predictable stuff was revealed
and it still managed to troll me.
Guess I'll have to be ready for more Blood-C and have my eyes stabbed by more CLAMP art.
I don't think the plot elements were unexpected, but the actual content and tone and actions were far beyond what anyone was expecting, or that I've even seen in anime.

Toriko 5-14

Tina is getting in the way. This Regal Mammoth arc is where I last read the manga so its finally new material. Terry is pretty awesome animated. I really hope the whole manga is covered.

Yugioh Zexal

I didnt know 4kids was actually still around but I did check out the one minute clip they put up and the atrocious opening song. The duel gazer with the duel disk makes me want to watch the series, the possibilities. Main character and his foe seemed compelling.

Dresden

protection charms

QITLB.jpg

Branduil

PdotMichael said:
Shinryaku!? Ika Musume Episode 1

IDdiP.jpg

One season, one moe show
Hard to believe a race carp like that actually exists.

zeroshiki said:
Mawaru Penguin Drum 12

NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fuck you ikuhara

I'm... going to go listen to some Linkin' Park and cut myself now.
See now you're just forcing me to imagine a MPD AMV with Linkin Park.

Branduil

EmmanuelMunoz said:
Blood-C Ep.12

I don't even...

I can't wait till the movie

The movie will reveal that this is all also a simulation
We can only hope it will live up to the last episode.

At the very least,
Saya will finally protect those black bars.

Too bad we won't get to see it until, like 2013.

cajunator said:
Are there any videos of saya singing?
I think they've all been protected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom