• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
EmmanuelMunoz said:
Blood-C Ep.12

I don't even...

I can't wait till the movie

The movie will reveal that this is all also a simulation

My movie theory.

The movie takes place in the world of Rambo, more specifically First Blood.

Rambo: First Blood-c.

The parallels are clearly there and it all fits. The bandana scene at the end of episode 12 is the biggest giveaway.

I think that makes more sense than the actual story itself :(

Lain

Blooc-C 12

Well... hmm... the action was pretty cool,
Saya protected everyone, the predictable stuff was revealed
and it still managed to troll me.
Guess I'll have to be ready for more Blood-C and have my eyes stabbed by more CLAMP art.

Articalys

A pair of overwhelming victories for the Puella Magi.
E1
1st 519 Sayaka Miki @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica
2nd 281 Kazari Uiharu @ A Certain Magical Index
3rd 155 Ruiko Saten @ A Certain Magical Index

F1
1st 571 Mami Tomoe @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica
2nd 286 Nymph @ Sora No Otoshimono
3rd 87 Mikan Yuuki @ To Love Ru
Today's contestants: nobody who matters, since they're going to get curbstomped by the aforementioned Puella Magi next round.

scy

Unknown's ZnT write-ups are like looking into my past. I miss being that excited for ZnT; now, I just sit here, wanting the final season to just end things so I can move on.

I blame J.C. Staff.

NewFresh

Lain said:
Blooc-C 12

Well... hmm... the action was pretty cool,
Saya protected everyone, the predictable stuff was revealed
and it still managed to troll me.
Guess I'll have to be ready for more Blood-C and have my eyes stabbed by more CLAMP art.

It could be worse...

HOVie.jpg

NeonZ

Hm... They changed Ika Musume's director? Inoticed there was something off about the first season 2 episode. So, now it's by the director of the Valkyria Chronicles anime... Aside from that, they seem to going much slower with the manga material.

There were only two chapters in that episode rather than the previous series' 5 chapters per episode - there were three stories per episode in s1, but usually there were two stories based on two chapters mixed together and one story based on a standalone chapter... I thought Ika Musume season 1 was fun, but I'm not sure about this new season.

Dynedom

Penguindrum - 12

129903109693-woah.gif

Now that is how you launch a new "arc".

This series is awesome. I guess it figures they've planted this episode right at number 12, halfway through the series (unless it gets Sunrise'd or something). Answers some questions and then raises countless others.

So is Yuri really Mamoka or what?

edit: Welcome back Branduil

edit 2: There's a void in my week/heart today and it's where Usagi Drop usually is =(

tumblr_loccj2V8Hz1qbvovho1_500.gif

Go_Ly_Dow

Blood-C 7

Why doesn't she just enter that red eye mode from the start and kick the crap out of these things? Why wait until she's pretty much half dead?

WHY!?

SOMEONE ANSWER ME!

cajunator

Banned
Hmm. I didn't realize they licensed Brighter than the Dawning Blue (Yoake Mae yori Ruriiro na) and released it last year. Feena was cute.
157630-be3886a237f97204a8e670febda7044a1244622402_full_large.jpg

weeaboo

M_Night said:
Blood-C 7

Why doesn't she just enter that red eye mode from the start and kick the crap out of these things? Why wait until she's pretty much half dead?

WHY!?

SOMEONE ANSWER ME!

Because Saya want to protect everyone

Steroyd

M_Night said:
Blood-C 7

WHY!?

SOMEONE ANSWER ME!

It's how she saves people, bro.

Go_Ly_Dow

Blood-C

30 seconds in to episode 8 and I'm already laughing out loud.
Tokizane: "I'm so relieved. I saw blood, so I thought you might be badly hurt."

*Ignores Saya's back which is ripped to shreds and several other gashes over her body*

Bahahaha!

Reknoc

M_Night said:
Blood-C 7

WHY!?

SOMEONE ANSWER ME!

She needs to build up enough rage before she can activate it!

gunbo13

So BLOOD-C is actually worth a damn? I actually was avoiding it because it seemed really hated. I'm a Blood+ fan except for the ending.

Unknown Soldier said:
Zero no Tsukaima: Futatsuki no Kishi
Decent season. Enjoy it now because Princess of Rondo is garbage.

Steroyd

gunbo13 said:
So BLOOD-C is actually worth a damn? I actually was avoiding it because it seemed really hated. I'm a Blood+ fan except for the ending.

It's certainly something that needs to be experienced.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
gunbo13 said:

Do not watch this show expecting anything like Blood+.

I liked Blood+ although it could have certainly used about 2 cours less of material. Still relatively good based on its own merits even with its all flaws.

Blood-C is not a good show. But it's a show you have to watch.

gunbo13

Steroyd said:
It's certainly something that needs to be experienced.
Can you give me a quick overview of the positives? Is it similar to Blood+?

darkside31337 said:
Do not watch this show expecting anything like Blood+.

I liked Blood+ although it could have certainly used about 2 cours less of material. Still relatively good based on its own merits even with its all flaws.

Blood-C is not a good show. But it's a show you have to watch.
Hmmm...I'll fire up ep1 this weekend then. Can you tell me a show that Blood-C is similar to?

Steroyd

gunbo13 said:
Hmmm...I'll fire up ep1 this weekend then. Can you tell me a show that Blood-C is similar to?

Code Geass and School Days.

I kid I kid... or am I?

I don't think it can be compared to anything.

Go_Ly_Dow

Blood-C 8

My god.
*WAITS FOR HALF THE CLASS TO DIE*

"I WILL PROTECT EVERYONE!"

I'm expecting great things from episode 9.

Unknown Soldier said:
The full names of characters in ZnT are pretty hilarious. Someone was having way too much fun coming up some of those people's names.

Yeah, the character names in Zero no Tsukaima are hilarious and awesome. They're almost Aura Battler Dunbine tier.

cajunator

Banned
zeroshiki said:
What's amazing is that it got so much fan backlash that they actually redrew the freaking cabbage in the DVD. That was incredible.
Yeah that's what I was talking about. A lot of DVD/BR sales are being spurred by improving on the TV broadcasts. For some people, this actually matters I suppose. I remember the ROD TV broadcast had a lot of details changed and cleaned up in the DVDs.

gunbo13

EmmanuelMunoz said:
The negatives are the positives
Kore wa Zombie Desuka?
Reknoc said:
Such a nice day today. The sky is broad and blue. Toast, egg and coffee are so tasty. I am doing so great.
Stop lying. You ate left over frozen pizza and stayed inside watching Kampfer.

iammeiam

M_Night said:
Blood-C 7

WHY!?

SOMEONE ANSWER ME!

Because this show is a secret comedy and doing things the sensible way would have trashed the humor of episodes like ep 9.

Cwarrior

Penguin drum 12

...ehh from the impressions, I was at least expecting a good episode with a twist in there, but this show’s a failure at creating any sort of suspense.
Wait let me get this straight a background character who had very little screen time, that had a shitty death in the very first episode but was brought back to life moments later by a magical hat, died for the third time again because her hat ran out of power.

I find it hard to give a shit
-phone call at the start saying your sister going to die again made it even worse
-Wait she die on the train, she was already dead at the hospital(no pulse), but conveniently came back to life for one last incest moment.........whoever wrote this shouldn’t be allowed to write again.
-The shoma father flash back was done so poorly with those cardboard cut out people, it was hard to take seriously and made it lose any impact it would of had and look cheap since they love to cut corners everywhere in this show.
-
-blah blah fate fate fate (omay uomay) they need to cut down on that shit I got it already fate behind everything, I don’t even speak Japanese and am sick of hearing that nonsense.

dumb.gif

terrible death scenes +shoma parents back story+fate nonsense+ incest= Vomit
Now am going to try to forget about this crap by watching more Planetes

cajunator

Banned
Cwarrior said:
Penguin drum 12

...ehh from the impressions, I was at least expecting a good episode with a twist in there, but this show’s a failure at creating any sort of suspense.
Wait let me get this straight a background character who had very little screen time, that had a shitty death in the very first episode but was brought back to life moments later by a magical hat, died for the third time again because her hat ran out of power.

-phone call at the start saying you sister going to die again made it even worse
-she died on the train and again in the hospital....whoever wrote this shouldn’t be allowed to write again.
-how does shouma know momoka was on that very train, ringo,her mom and neither tabuki told him about it.
-blah blah fate fate fate (omay uomay) they need to cut down on that shit I got it already fate behind everything, I don’t even speak Japanese and am sick of hearing that nonsense.

dumb.gif

terrible death scenes +shoma parents back story+fate nonsense+incest= vomit

I hate you, but you can live because you are enjoying Planetes. You guys are making me want to marathon it again.

gunbo13

cajunator said:
I hate you, but you can live because you are enjoying Planetes. You guys are making me want to marathon it again.
I <3 Planetes. The character development shatters almost everything and feels genuine. To me, it is like a "take a step back and relax" Cowboy Bebop.

That's a good thing.

Steroyd

cajunator said:
My parents just got fiber optic internet finally. To christen it I shall fill their HDD with the rest of Usagi DRop since I havent seen past episode 5. Marathoning Usagi Drop seems to be a good idea.

You're sooo going to die from HNNNG'n too much in such a short space of time.

Cwarrior said:
Penguin drum 12

-how does shouma know momoka was on that very train, ringo,her mom and neither tabuki told him about it.

He doesn't.
He knows his parents were responsible for alot of people dying that day, plus Momoka dissapeared that same day so 2 + 2 = ...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Cwarrior said:
Penguin drum 12

-phone call at the start saying your sister going to die again made it even worse
-she died on the train and again in the hospital....whoever wrote this shouldn’t be allowed to write again.

dumb.gif

You're a good man and I totally agree with you on everything about this episode.

Death scene literally leaves no impact when she already died in the first episode and was resurrected by a god damn magic hat. There is absolutely no sense of permanence in this death, it's literally like crappy shounen series where nothing ever feels final.

cajunator

Banned
Steroyd said:
You're sooo going to die from HNNNG'n too much in such a short space of time.

He doesn't.
He knows his parents were responsible for alot of people dying that day, plus Momoka dissapeared that same day so 2 + 2 = ...
Nah I wont die. I haven't died yet and you guys know of my 90% moe collection. I can handle whatever Usagi Drop throws at me.

Probably.

Many complaint are just absurd

She don't died in the train

He knew Momoka was one of the victim of the sarin attack

This is now just bullshit. It's like to say Planetes is bad because it's a sci-fi anime. Fate is the main theme of Penguindrum, if you don't like it, why are you watching it?

---

and a little story prediction from me

-"Marry" is the father of Shoma, Kanba and Himari, the attack was part of a deal

- Yuri is a higher creature somthing like the goddess from the Marry-story

Steroyd

Mayo Chiki - END...

Right, so either this show ended last week and I'm watching an OVA or this is a 24 episoder and I just don't know it yet.

It feels like the studio made a 12 episode series, and accidentally booked a 13 episode timeslot, much of this episode was full of fluff and was wierdly placed at the end.

2eann5x.jpg

I know these cameos. Oh god why!? T_T

Cwarrior said:
dumb.gif

Its strongly hinted that one of the brothers isn't blood related. Death scene could of been better, but I doubt they could given all the information thrown at the viewer this episode

Jex

KuwabaraTheMan said:
I think the most recent Winter season had two such shows. Still, Mawaru Penguindrum is pretty amazing. It's surpassed pretty much everything to come out in recent years.
Stand out shows here and there, yes. A limited number thereof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom