• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

survivor said:
Boobs of the left, body of the middle, attitude of the right.

The perfect girl.
the antithesis:

eFZX7l.jpg

either way we can construct the perfect girl, the perfect waifu.

Steroyd said:
Why would you pick the tsundere!?

Tsunderes are awesome. Why? Cause that's all german women are always portrayed by Japanese anime. Seeing as German women are awesome, I must therefore conclude that Tsunderes are also awesome. Thus, I would pick the tsundere.

Geneijin

mugurumakensei said:
Tsunderes are awesome. Why? Cause that's all german women are always portrayed by Japanese anime. Seeing as German women are awesome, I must therefore conclude that Tsunderes are also awesome. Thus, I would pick the tsundere.
I see an Asuka fan!

mugurumakensei said:

Clara was a very nice and kind person @Heidi

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dresden said:
Great show, or greatest show?
I would hit that with the phallic symbolism of a thousand Sword of Dios.

wsippel

Banned
mugurumakensei said:
I just watched Zero no Whatever, and Kirche is most certainly not tsundere. The hottest girl in the show, but not tsundere.

Haqua better win her weak-ass group.

edit: Yeah, all the big |OT| threads for big games on Gaming side actually embed all the text into images. That's waaaay more effort that I'm willing to put in. I'm done, text is what you guys will get.

Xater

How come I just saw this thread?

Will watch Guilty Crown, Persona 4 and of course everything Gundam. I know, big surprise. ;)

When do these shows start though?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Ao no Exorcist 25

Good ending. I liked the part where Rin and Okumura combined into a Phoenix and Mephistopheles and Amaimon got all excited.

Mamashiba in full effect.

So what is in the second OST? Because most of the music I heard in this last episode were from the first OST. One of the best OST in awhile by the way, I recommend getting it.

So when should we expect Ao no Exorcist: Brotherhood?

iavi

Trojita said:
Ao no Exorcist 25
So what is in the second OST? Because most of the music I heard in this last episode were from the first OST. One of the best OST in awhile by the way, I recommend getting it.

It's not as good as the first, imo, but it does have its standouts. That's one seriously good track. It might just be my fav from out of the two releases, but... Idk; 'Mephistopheles' is great too. It's a hard decision.

Btw, fans of the Ao no Exorcist ost, should DEFINITELY check out the Gundam Unicorn OST. It's also composed by Sawano Hiroyuki, and it is amazing.

/XX/

Regulus Tera said:
Nichijou fin: A heartfelt tale of friendship and love. I cannot complain. It may not have always been funny, but it was always honest and never manipulative. Even with the brief yaoi/yuri moments, I wouldn't doubt recommending this show to people not familiar with the medium. Plust the animation was always gorgeous to look at, and the soundtrack accompanied the humor without detracting from it despite some of the bombast. Stuff like this is what should truly save animu. 9/10
I agree! First week after the end of the series, and now it seems like something is missing in my day.

One thing is following a series that you know is conclusive, and that to end and completely reveal itself is its main satisfactory objective, but in a (sometimes) random skit show like this one, I tend to want more simply because I expect more potential situations, and although it is irrational, I've accustomed to enjoy it regularly and therefore want more.

1stStrike

Banned
I have to ask... what is with the obsession with anime and beaches? I get the whole scantily clad female thing, but there's a beach scene in like 1 out of 2 anime - even ones where it makes no sense :eek:

iavi

1stStrike said:
I have to ask... what is with the obsession with anime and beaches? I get the whole scantily clad female thing, but there's a beach scene in like 1 out of 2 anime - even ones where it makes no sense :eek:

You answered your own question. Nekkid = money.

trejo

Phi Brain 1

This was actually kinda fun. I may be setting myself up for disappointment down the line but I think I have hopes for this one.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
1stStrike said:

You might as well just ask

I have to ask... what is with the obsession with anime and hot springs? I get the whole scantily clad female thing, but there's a hot springs scene in like 1 out of 2 anime - even ones where it makes no sense :eek:

Geneijin

1stStrike said:
You just explained it.

Branduil

Jexhius said:
Get your nonsense out of here.

Really, I don't care that much about the fanbase. I'm more interested in the quality of the works.
It's almost like you want to stay sane or something.

survivor

Banned
Gintama 1-10

Awesome. This might be the only shounen anime that I will tolerate enough to be able to watch it completely and not just skip to the fight episodes or watch youtube videos of the fights like what I do with the rest.

Oh another note, the CR player is really fucking shitty. It keeps freezing on me and doesn't load which causes me to refresh the video. But then the fucking ads play. And if I have to refresh after the middle ad break I get double the ads. It's been a real pain in the ass just to watch these 10 episodes.

Dynedom

Geneijin said:
What does that even mean

It has a semi-serious premise wrapped around a really goofy presentation.

edit: It's actually more like a cross between...Special A, Ikkitousen and some random shounen show.

edit 2: Given the amount of girls (yes, including a maid squadron), it was pretty reserved / not trashy.

Basically, this show is a poor man's Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere!

2 days till Squid Girl
5 days till Penguindrum

I hate it, that's the main reason why I like old animes. You can watch a show without interruptions!

Just finished episode 9 of Penguindrum... did anything even happen that episode besides getting a ton of backstory on Mary Sue (aka the most boring character in the show)?

I like how the plot is thickening though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom