• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uchip

Banned
Master Milk said:
The relationship as a whole isn't, but the initial status when the story starts and the way they generally interact seems pretty realistic.

yeah
i remember when my sister was a psychotic bitch and kicked me for no reason

kirino has the personality of the girls that used to get expelled for fighting in highschool

Defuser

Phi Brain ep 1

Glad I'm not the only one who thought it looks like Yugioh, I call it Yugioh + Conan since the guy is called Kaito.

Why does Takehito Koyasu always play the minor characters?

Cwarrior

Uchip said:
im puzzled as to whether or not i should watch this
puzzle sounds weird to me after reading it so many times now

puzzle
puz....zle
puz

That matters on if you like over the top silly cheese where epic music would play for the character to say “IT’S Puzzle time” or “it’s solved”, being a cheese lover I had fun watching it.

It’s the second coming of yugi –oh and I welcome it (what C failed to be).

The OP is Awesome

scy

Steroyd said:
It has NO suggestion of any hint of incest AT ALL, you need to take your incest goggles off.

Oh man, I don't know about that. I kind of expected it to go that route based off merely the fact the protagonist has a sister. It's a tried and true staple of the genre practically, though it usually gets paired with a "lol not related" at the very end to make it all alright.

Cwarrior said:
That matters on if you like over the top silly cheese where epic music would play for the character to say “IT’S Puzzle time” or “it’s solved”, being a cheese lover I had fun watching it.

It’s the second coming of yugi –oh and I welcome it (what C failed to be).

The OP is Awesome

The opening has so many good parts
tumblr_lsgvweerSz1r1n119o1_250.gif

I hope it uses the same opening for all 25 or so episodes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gintama' 228: What a glorious, glorious episode. I don't want to say anything about it because the surprise is half the fun, but this "dish" keeps coming up and I really want to try it sometime:
l0b9Z.png

Poor man's lunch is best lunch.

firehawk12 said:
Gintama' 228: What a glorious, glorious episode. I don't want to say anything about it because the surprise is half the fun, but this "dish" keeps coming up and I really want to try it sometime:
l0b9Z.png

the eggshells are part of the lunch?

Ryuukan

firehawk12 said:
l0b9Z.png

It's just cracking an egg over hot rice.

Amazing NTR ending

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ryuukan said:
It's just cracking an egg over hot rice.

I know that. Just never was at a point in my life where the only thing I could come up with was white rice and an egg. Also, raw eggs are bad for you!

You know, come to think of it, I've had plain "congee" as a meal before... which is arguably worse than raw egg and rice I suppose. Haha.

scy

I don't know if I should feel happy or sad about that. I'm used to eggs with rice as almost a daily thing when growing up :/

Egg shells are the best part.

survivor

Banned
scy said:
I don't know if I should feel happy or sad about that. I'm used to eggs with rice as almost a daily thing when growing up :/

Egg shells are the best part.
Eggs with rice is pretty awesome. What's not awesome is eating eggs with Pekmez. My world shattered when I tried it in elementary school.

scy

survivor said:
Eggs with rice is pretty awesome. What's not awesome is eating eggs with Pekmez. My world shattered when I tried it in elementary school.

...I don't even know what that would be like.

jman2050 said:
Wait hold on OreImo? Realistic?

Someone didn't just say that. That's not possible.

I always thought the relationship prior to ... well, everything about the series, was pretty normal in OreImo. Perhaps not "normal" but definitely not "rare."

Then it goes into lolz territory.

Geneijin

firehawk12 said:
I know that. Just never was at a point in my life where the only thing I could come up with was white rice and an egg. Also, raw eggs are bad for you!
Soft scrambled egg over fried rice~

scy

PdotMichael said:
Anime-Gaf normal /= true normal

Maybe I need a refresher but I thought the start of OreImo (or prior to the start), it was basically "You are my family and that's about it." That's not that abnormal, especially for the ages (and gender difference) involved. And then it becomes "help me with my H-games" and ...

Wait, am I really covering for this? Shit :(

Dresden said:
Not as bad as having only butter margarine and soy sauce with rice.

Pfft, that was my PB&J.

I'm starting to feel I lived a poorer life than I thought I did. I don't know how I feel about this.

Articalys

Strategic voting potentially going on everywhere up in here. It also sets up our first head-to-head match with characters from the same series.
E4
1st 336 Haqua Du Lot Herminium @ The World God Only Knows
2nd 301 Ohana Matsumae @ Hanasaku Iroha
3rd 66 Hirano Hasegawa @ Detective Opera Milky Holmes

F4
1st 318 Shirayuki Hotogi @ Hidan No Aria
2nd 289 Cecilia Alcott @ Infinite Stratos
3rd 85 Hinata Asaka @ Jewelpet

Articalys said:
Strategic voting potentially going on everywhere up in here. It also sets up our first head-to-head match with characters from the same series.

Haqua had to do the deed.

Jexhius said:
To be fair, a lot of shows are actually like that. Budget reasons, most of the time.

Yea but then they will focus on the sections with the most activity (though giving the syndrome that only a few places exist in that world).
But here its like they made this world and hardly anything is there to fill it.

big road Saya walks on to go to school? no one is on it
School has a huge pool? no one is in it
Lots of houses shown while Saya is looking for the creature? No sign that anyone even lives there.

Hell even her friends talk about it lol

will see if i can get some more in.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
jman2050 said:
Wait hold on OreImo? Realistic?

Someone didn't just say that. That's not possible.

My OreImo couldn't possibly be this realistic. XD

But seriously, I think something can be unrealistic, but have realistic touches. OreImo falls into that category IMO.

Ryuukan

M_Night said:
Sometimes my sandwiches only consist of bread and a single slice of ham. Not even any butter!

Try and beat that!

I had to settle for a sirloin tip roast at Whole Foods because they were all out of prime rib!

NewFresh

Ryuukan said:
I had to settle for a sirloin tip roast at Whole Foods because they were all out of prime rib!
That's nothing. I once had to drink white wine with my filet mignon, it was barbaric!

cajunator

Banned
Hitokage said:
Pasta with melted butter and grated parmesean. Hobo alfredo!
I love this, except I use cheddar cheese instead.

Ryuukan said:
I'm glad we have Rouses instead of crap like Whole Foods.

Geneijin

Streaming confirmed:

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (Nico Nico)
The anime distributor Funimation and the video-streaming service Niconico announced at New York Comic Con on Friday that they will stream the following anime titles as they air in Japan:

* Haganai (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)

- ANN

C3 - Cube x Cursed x Curious (Nico Nico)
The anime distributor Funimation and the video-streaming service Niconico announced at New York Comic Con on Friday that they will stream the following anime titles as they air in Japan:

* C³

- ANN

Chihayafuru (CR)
We're announcing another new title for the Fall season: Chihayafuru!! The first episode starts today at 10:30am!

- CR

Fate/Zero (Nico Nico Douga)
Details of the Worldwide Streaming of "Fate/Zero"
【date&Time】 Sunday, October 2, 1:00am Japan local time
(note: From episode 2, a new episode will be posted every
Sunday at 0:30am Japan time)
【URL】http://ch.nicovideo.jp/channel/fate-zero
【SUBTITLES】Korean, Chinese (Traditional & Simplified), English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish

- ANN

Guilty Crown (Funimation)
FUNimation will be simulcasting Guilty Crown starting October 13th, the same date as the Japanese broadcast, and will also be releasing the series on DVD and BD in 2012. - CR

Gundam Age (Gundam.Info)
Nikkei added that Sunrise's Gundam.Info website will stream the anime for free for a month. The anime will premiere in Japan on Sunday at 5:00 p.m. (4:00 a.m. EDT). - ANN

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere (The Anime Network, CR)
The anime licensing company Sentai Filmworks announced on Wednesday that it acquired the upcoming television anime series Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere. Weekly episodes will premiere digitally on The Anime Network on Tuesday, October 4 in Japanese with English subtitles. Additional digital outlets and home video releases will follow in 2012. - ANN

Hunter x Hunter (CR)
The series debuts in Japan on October 2, which means you can catch the first episode this Saturday on Crunchyroll. Hunter x Hunter will be simulcast 60 minutes after broadcast every Saturday at 8:30 pm PDT. - CR

Kimi to Boku (CR)
Crunchyroll has announced the simulcast of You and Me ("Kimi to Boku")! The first episode starts TODAY, Monday at 10:00 am PDT. - CR

Last Exile Silver Wing (Funi, Nico Nico)
The first episode premieres 11:00 am Eastern, October 17th. - CR

Majikoi - Oh! Samurai Girls! (CR, Hulu, TAN)
The media site Crunchyroll announced on Friday that it will stream the Majikoi - Oh! Samurai Girls! (Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!!) television anime series in the United States and Canada starting on Saturday, October 8 at 12:30 p.m. EDT. - ANN

Maken-ki (Nico Nico)

* Maken-Ki!

- ANN

Mashiro-Iro Symphony (Hulu, TAN)
Release Schedule
Mondays at 2 PM Eastern, starting November 21st on Anime Network Online; available on Hulu and Hulu Plus within 24-hours.
All 12 episodes will be available to Guest Users.

- TAN

Mirai Nikki (Anime On Demand, Nico Nico)
The good folks at Anime On Demand have announced their first new title to be streamed on their site as part of the forthcoming simulcast season. The series is 'Mirai Nikki - Future Diary' a series described by AOD themselves (via twitter) as "a beautiful mix of Death Note meets Battle Royale". -animechronicle

Persona 4 (Hulu, The Anime Network)
The Anime Network confirmed on Thursday that it will simulcast the Persona 4 The Animation television anime series. The Anime Network will make each episode available for free at 3 p.m. EDT on Thursdays (the same day the show airs in Japan) starting on October 6. In addition, each episode will be streamed on Hulu and Hulu Plus within 24 hours of being posted on The Anime Network.

- ANN

Phi Brain (Hulu, TAN)
Release Schedule
Ep 1 - Friday, 11/4 @ 4 PM EDT
Ep 2 - Saturday, 11/5 @ 4 PM EDT
Ep 3 - Sunday, 11/6 @ 4 PM EST*
Ep 4 - Monday, 11/7 @ 4 PM EST
Ep 5 - Tuesday, 11/8 @ 4 PM EST
Ep 6 - Wednesday, 11/9 @ 4 PM EST

Episodes 6 - 25 will be available on Anime Network Online every Wednesday @ 4 PM EST**

Within 24-hours of being released on Anime Network Online, each episode will be available to on the free, ad-supported Hulu service, as well as the Hulu Plus subscription service.
All 25 episodes will be available to Guest Users.

- TAN

Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi 2 (CR)
The media site Crunchyroll announced on Thursday that it will stream the Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi 2 anime as it airs in Japan, starting on Friday, October 7 at 12:35 p.m. EDT. - ANN

Shakugan no Shana III (Funimation, NicoNico)

* Shakugan no Shana III (Final)

- ANN

Squid Girl S2 (CR)
Crunchyroll announced earlier today that they will be simulcasting Squid Girl Season 2, known as Shinryaku!? Ika Musume in Japan. Crunchyroll will begin streaming the episodes on Mondays at 10:30am PDT/1:30PM EDT, starting September 26th, in the same countries that could see the first season. For more information, read the official announcement. - CR

Un-Go (ANN.au, Anime On Demand, CR)
This eleven part TV series will begin airing on Fuji TV's Noitamina slot on the 13th of October and will stream through Anime News Network's video service. - ANN.au

Steroyd

Geneijin said:
Streaming confirmed:

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere (The Anime Network)

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon (The Anime Network)

Putting it down twice won't make it come quicker, and only hurts me more. T_T

The story of Haiyore! Nyaruko-san centers around Nyaruko, a formless Cthulhu deity of chaos (Nyarlathotep) who can take on the shape of a seemingly ordinary silver-haired girl. Mahiro Yasaka is a normal high school who is chased by aliens one night, until Nyaruko saves him.

ummm.... what?

It's good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom