• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
icarus-daedelus said:
Don't you live in NOLA or near it? I distinctly remember there being a Whole Foods there because the sardines were $2 more than the same exact brand sold for at a grocery back home in Tucson. Needless to say I did not buy them. SMH.
No I live about two hours west of NOLA, in the Lafayette area, hence my namesake.
Rouses is a Louisiana version of a high end fresh market like Whole Foods, but not pretentious and a hell of a lot better.

Dresden

cajunator said:
No I live about two hours west of NOLA, in the Lafayette area, hence my namesake.
Rouses is a Louisiana version of a high end fresh market like Whole Foods, but not pretentious and a hell of a lot better.
is it like a cajun trader joe's?

Articalys

Geneijin said:
Un-Go (ANN)

Unconfirmed for stream (lacks an appropriate source I could find):

C3 (ANN, Hulu)
Gundam Age (ANN, Hulu)
Magikoi - Oh! Samurai Girls (The Anime Network)
Phi Brain (ANN, Hulu)
Huh, how come the ANN story on Un-Go never showed up in their newsfeed?

Also, are those last four based just on rumors or something substantial?

Jex

BluWacky said:
Nononono, icarus is like the old man on the mountainside in episode 3. It's okay to preach about what you should do as long as you smoke a cigarette afterwards and reveal your own hypocrisy.

Truly we are all enlightened.
You're right, we're really learning a lot about, like, ourselves. And the Earth.

cajunator

Banned
Dresden said:
is it like a cajun trader joe's?
I've never been to a TRader Joe's but sounds similar. They offer fresh sushi and even make pizza fresh right there at the deli/bakery area. They even offer aged beef, which is sold at like 100$/slab or something crazy like that. It's a really enjoyable place to shop and eat at.
Plus it offers the cajun creole ingredients of this region.

cajunator

Banned
Just looked at pics of a TRader Joe's. Rouses is a bit higher end than that by the looks of it.

Oh and Kirino can go to hell. Kuroneko or bust.
In that particular saimoe comp I would pick the Index girl.

Dresden

cajunator said:
Just looked at pics of a TRader Joe's. Rouses is a bit higher end than that by the looks of it.
That rustic hole-in-the-wall feel (set in some sururban plaza with an eclectic mix of hybrids and Escalades arrayed side by side in the parking lot) is pretty deliberate, I think

PdotMichael said:
ummm.... what?

It's good?

The flash shorts from the winter season were amusing, but they were also 2 minutes so not a huge time commitment. Might be more difficult to justify watching a 20 minute show, though I hear the LNs have an actual plot unlike the flash shorts, so it might be better.

DiGiKerot

Articalys said:
Huh, how come the ANN story on Un-Go never showed up in their newsfeed?

Note that it's streaming in Australia (and the UK via Anime on Demand) - nobody has actually said anything about it streaming in the US yet. I wouldn't be shocked if it turned up as US only on Crunchy or Funimation though.

Ezalc

Kimi to Boku 1
Good lord that was boring. Only good thing about it is that there were some jokes like the basketball one that me and my friends would do.

cajunator

Banned
Dresden said:
That rustic hole-in-the-wall feel (set in some sururban plaza with an eclectic mix of hybrids and Escalades arrayed side by side in the parking lot) is pretty deliberate, I think

These two vids give you a feel for what Rouses is like.
Lots of local Louisiana grown vegetables and seafood. It just feels like a classy place to shop and eat without seeming overwrought.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihj7IzGvbJ4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdv_WwxKORQ
Damn I love talking about food.

Which leads me to the belief that there aren't enough baking/cooking based anime. Yakitate! Japan is the best I have seen.

Articalys

Geneijin said:
What DiGiKerot said. My mistake for not catching that.
I see. How bizzare -- the articles about both it and the Mirai Nikki UK simulcast that Saiyar mentioned show up in the news archive on the site for all three countries (US, UK, AU), but only in the RSS feed for the relevant country.

jman2050

De Geso~ S2 Episode 2

First: Sea, Soccer sucks so much not even Squid Girl can have fun with it.

Second: I want to say "meido with brass knuckles" would be a novel fetish, but given this is Japan I ink someone's already got that covered.

Third: Started out good, went straight into amazing territory halfway through. Chizuru is still the squidding best character.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Squid Girl 2: Squid Harder 01: Shrimp the haters, Crunchyrolls subs are inkredible.

I was surprised that they included the GAINAX bounce.

Jex

Regulus Tera said:
Squid Girl 2: Squid Harder 01: Shrimp the haters, Crunchyrolls subs are inkredible.

I was surprised that they included the GAINAX bounce.
It's going to be like this every week, isn't it?

Also, was it really GAINAX bounce? That's quite a strict definition you know.

Jex

Regulus Tera said:
Things went boing.
Well, that's not quite enough, or it wouldn't have the GAINAX title.
Dynedom said:
Maji De Watashi Ni Koi Shinasai!! - 01

So is this the new Angel Beats or what?
Nothing could easily take that title.

Go_Ly_Dow

I never knew Squid Girl was such a popular figure around these parts. I automatically wrote it off in Fall 2010 as being mindless fluff and decided to dedicate my time to quality shows such as!:

-Bakuman
-Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai
-The World God Only Knows
-Togainu no Chi
-Toaru Majutsu no Index II

and....

-Yosuga no Sora

so many wasted hours that I will never get back :(

IU9bP.jpg

Jex

Branduil said:
HEY CHRIS, YOU CAN MAKE GUNPOWDER

MIX EQUAL AMOUNTS OF SULPHURIC ACID, POTASSIUM, SULFUR, AND CHARCOAL
THEN LETS NEVER MAKE IT BECAUSE THEY ALREADY HAVE THEIR OWN VERSION

Branduil

icarus-daedelus said:
^raw eggs are not bad for you unless they're contaminated, and by that logic, raw spinach is bad for you too!
If you get sick from raw eggs you were probably a sinner eating food from a modernized production line.

Jex

survivor said:
Phi Brain 1

So this is what YGO would look like without the children cards game. But seriously these people obsession with puzzles is really creepy. I mean even a childhood promise made about puzzles? Come on.
That's just because you've totally never used puzzles to pick up a chick/dude. In the Phil Brain universe, busting a sweet puzzles makes you totally hot.

Jex

cabot said:
i haven't watched much anime and figured since I like iron man then this would be a good gateway show.
Then it seems like it worked. X-men is actually a better show though.

Jex

Defuser said:
Phi Brain ep 1

Glad I'm not the only one who thought it looks like Yugioh, I call it Yugioh + Conan since the guy is called Kaito.

Why does Takehito Koyasu always play the minor characters?
The designs aren't particularly Yu-Gi-Oh! like though. I mean, he has shounen hair and a bracelet but outside that people look kind of normal, for an anime. In fact, the girl looks above averages in terms of character design.

Steroyd

Branduil said:
I hope steroyd's sister is okay.

No worries, all we did was play Dragon Quest IX together, then I tucked her into bed.

How ABF interperets that however is another matter.

Squid Girl - 02

And here I thought the OP was full of random stuff, looks like this show is going to be a solid one for the season.

Sea no squid puns.

Branduil

jman2050 said:
Index vs Kirino?

Someone kill me.
Even if they did it would just turn out like Angel Beats. No matter what, you still wake up alive in an awful, ugly show with NotHaruhi and other lame people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom