• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

duckroll said:
No. The Production IG one is horrible. Lol.
Your post confused me since only that shitty one carries the name "Reideen". Thought you were trying to troll him there or something.

1stStrike

Banned
Anime gurus: Is there any other anime out there similar to Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san that's wrong in so many ways, bat shit insane, and yet hilarious at the same time?

I feel like I should have been offended while watching it, and yet all I could do was laugh my ass off.

Dresden

1stStrike said:
Anime gurus: Is there any other anime out there similar to Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san that's wrong in so many ways, bat shit insane, and yet hilarious at the same time?

I feel like I should have been offended while watching it, and yet all I could do was laugh my ass off.
Detroit Metal City is vastly superior.

iavi

1stStrike said:

Colorful--not the movie, the series.

1stStrike said:

Dororon Enma-Kun

CatPee

Miri said:
Colorful--not the movie, the series.

I second this. Fantastic movie (and it's pretty damn colorful and great to look at).

EDIT: ffffffuuuu, read that as "not the series, the movie"

Though if my description is somehow accurate, then still go for it.

Uchip

Banned
1stStrike said:

Golden Boy

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Animedweebs, recommend an anime for my fourteen-year old imouto. She liked Usagi Drop, Nodame Cantabile, and Fruits Basket, but hated Azumanga Daioh and Ouran High School Host Club.

Yes, I am ashamed of her too.

EDIT: Oh and she liked Kuragehime and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time too.

1stStrike said:

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Regulus Tera said:
Animenerds, recommend an anime for my fourteen-year old imouto. She liked Usagi Drop, Nodame Cantabile, and Fruits Basket, but hated Azumanga Daioh and Ouran High School Host Club.

Shame her more!

Honey and Clover, Paradise Kiss. Two other of the NotA shows. Figured since she like both Usagi and Nod, she wants something a bit more mature.

Dresden

Regulus Tera said:
Animenerds, recommend an anime for my fourteen-year old imouto. She liked Usagi Drop, Nodame Cantabile, and Fruits Basket, but hated Azumanga Daioh and Ouran High School Host Club.

Koi Kaze.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Regulus Tera said:
Animedweebs, recommend an anime for my fourteen-year old imouto. She liked Usagi Drop, Nodame Cantabile, and Fruits Basket, but hated Azumanga Daioh and Ouran High School Host Club.

Mononoke (2007 TV series not the Ghibli movie)
Trapeze/Kuuchuu Buranko

iavi

Regulus Tera said:

Paradise Kiss. Nana.

E: and beaten, in regards to PK!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Regulus Tera said:

Kuragehime, Madoka, and Spice and Wolf are the obvious ones that come to mind. I would add in Soredemo but it sounds like she hates fun.
1stStrike said:
Bobobo maybe.

Regulus Tera said:

Try Lovely Complex. It has the shoujo-style drama she seems to enjoy, albeit with a good amount of humor which she doesn't seem so big on. Worth a shot at any rate.

Branduil

Regulus Tera said:

How is The Girl Who Leapt Through Time not the obvious choice here?

Ezalc

Regulus Tera said:

Frysquint.gif

Anyways, Aria.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Thank you guys for the recommendations; I'm trying to make her a fan of animu. I'm such a great role model!
Branduil said:
How is The Girl Who Leapt Through Time not the obvious choice here?
We already watched that and Summer Wars together. She agreed with me that the Digimon movie was the best out of the three.
Dresden said:
Koi Kaze.
I'll be posting the results of my experiment from jail.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Regulus Tera said:
We already watched that and Summer Wars together. She agreed with me that the Digimon movie was the best out of the three.
Show her the first Digimon movie too. It's great.

Dresden

Speaking of Kuragehime, I wish it'd been about their uncle, instead.

ibgh9BHLegl70f.png

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Dresden said:
Speaking of Kuragehime, I wish it'd been about their uncle, instead.

ibgh9BHLegl70f.png

Yes....I'M SOOO FUCKING COSPLAYING KURAGEHIME(I've been thinking about it since last week, and this pushed me over). Dresden, you are inspiration.

Uchip

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
The one with Parrotmon? She likes the Pokémon movie better.

I swear I believe I was adopted.

unfortunate :)
my sister loves Ghibli movies, Jungle Wa, One Piece and Full Moon wo Sagashite (shes a singer)

Regulus Tera said:

Spice and Wolf? How is she with medieval economics?

Wandering Son is my other suggestion.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Regulus Tera said:

The answer is always Utena.

Ezalc

I've been watching the old HunterXHunter. I only have one question, how many fucking exams are there damn. They're on the fourth one already.

Ezalc said:
I've been watching the old HunterXHunter. I only have one question, how many fucking exams are there damn. They're on the fourth one already.

I think the 4th one was filler. Should be like 5 or 6 or something, don't really remember. All I remember is it ends in a
tournament.

Joule

Got around to checking out some of the new shows this season.

Maji De Watashi ni Koishinasai 1: This shit is pretty dumb but it's an amusing sort of stupid like Baka Test. If only the budget allowed this episode to have action all the time instead of speedlines, blurs and one frame pans, it'd be a lot more visually compelling. I hear that the source is mostly school comedy? I don't know if I should expect more stupid class battles and such. There's also harem and incest. Eroge adaptation here we go.

Hiroshi Kamiya hnnnng.

C3 1: I felt pretty detached while watching this show. Found it hard to care about the goings on. Yukari Tamura as a cube moeblob who has serious cleaning deficiencies. Yawn. The show certainly shares some visual aspects from Silver Link's previous productions. I found that the most amusing thing in this whole episode was the music choice when the trio were chatting it up in the beginning. Doot doo doot doo doot... Also where exactly did cube moeblob get those clothes? I have to assume the main character has an extensive wardrobe of skirts, stripped panties and such.

Squid Girl 1: More of the same old. Nothing wrong with that though. It'll be a nice thing to watch every week. On the show itself, I found it a shame that the 3 scientists' abs granting ray gun didn't work out.

Ezalc

cosmicblizzard said:
I think the 4th one was filler. Should be like 5 or 6 or something, don't really remember. All I remember is it ends in a
tournament.

Oh boy didn't see that one coming.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Dresden said:
Haven't been following it but it was still ongoing, long after where the anime stopped.
Ah. Looks pretty neat, I might go read it, but I haven't touched manga for like ten years.

Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere 1

Well the fighting was interesting. A lot of gimmicky stuff like the Curry Man and the Fly Naked Dude. I totally agree with the statement that said the characters felt like rejected MMO characters. I also want to the punch the main character in the face.

But yeah, non-sense story, non-sense action, sci-fi magic, an idiotic main dude, and titties...sounds like a recipe for success

Instro

Aigis said:
Mononoke (2007 TV series not the Ghibli movie)
Trapeze/Kuuchuu Buranko
On the subject of Mononoke, there seem to be quite a lot of people who either haven't watched Ayakashi(specifically the medicine seller arc), or watched Ayakashi well after Mononoke. It's kind of surprising really.

Not only is it a great arc, but it closes with an action scene that I don't think Mononoke ever matched. Also it seems to me that you would have lacked some context for certain things in Mononoke early on in the show without having seen the Ayakashi arc.

Branduil

Regulus Tera said:
Thank you guys for the recommendations; I'm trying to make her a fan of animu. I'm such a great role model!

I'll be posting the results of my experiment from jail.
Make her watch Dennou Coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom