• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

I think Regulus should show OreImo to his sister

*knowing wink*

Also, I'm sorry I wasn't around for the fireworks earlier :( Especially since I apparently started it. I don't know how people can get so invested in something that they'd not only defend it to the death but insult other people who don't share their views.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere 01: The action is fuck awesome, but the plot is contrived and punch in the balls I don't get this shit. I shall dub thee Kingdom Hearts: The Animu.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Regulus Tera said:
Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere 01: The action is fuck awesome, but the plot is contrived and punch in the balls I don't get this shit. I shall dub thee Kingdom Hearts: The Animu.

You know, I kind of wonder why a Kingdom Hearts anime hasn't been made by now. Seems perfectly suited for it, it's a perfect fanservice (not the ecchi kind, I mean the cameo kind) setup.

EDIT: Also, final Zero no Tsukaima series script being supervised by author of novels, 1st season director returns

Gankutsuou 10

This adaptation continues to drag the separate, secret conflicts of the original out into the open. My purist side is bothered, but it does make for compelling viewing, especially when the direction is so good at portraying tension.

The story is being burned through at a rate where I would question how they'll make it to 24 episodes, but then again they do have a substantial amount of backstory that they need to cover sooner or later.

Dresden

Regulus Tera said:
It really was easier to watch when I couldn't understand what they were saying. That said the translation was apparently pretty terrible, so who knows... doubt it'd salvage anything.

Lain

zeroshiki said:
Also, I'm sorry I wasn't around for the fireworks earlier :( Especially since I apparently started it. I don't know how people can get so invested in something that they'd not only defend it to the death but insult other people who don't share their views.
During a sport event people sometimes kill each other to defend their own team's "pride", so resorting to insults seem pretty tame in comparison to me.

zeroshiki

Lain said:
During a sport event people sometimes kill each other to defend their own team's "pride", so resorting to insults seem pretty tame in comparison to me.

Yeah but this is... Fate Stay Night.

Who cares? You can probably find entire websites dedicated to crapping on this franchise.

EDIT: what the hell is with that avatar, dresden?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
RurouniZel said:
You know, I kind of wonder why a Kingdom Hearts anime hasn't been made by now. Seems perfectly suited for it, it's a perfect fanservice (not the ecchi kind, I mean the cameo kind) setup.
Disney would probably have to be too involved for them to want to do it.

Dresden

Lain said:
Eh, I think it's just courtesy to remain somewhat civil online. He should've just done what we do, make snide remarks about each other's tastes.

zeroshiki said:
EDIT: what the hell is with that avatar, dresden?
swag

duckroll

RurouniZel said:

There isn't a Metal Gear Solid anime either.

Articalys

In other moe contest news, the International Saimoe Tournament has finally finished their round-robin matches -- which have been dragging on since the last week of April -- and thus finalized the 16-person roster for their double-elimination finals, which themselves don't start until November, for fuck's sake. Who the hell thought that was a good idea? If only we could combine the efficiency of J-Saimoe with the open eligibility and world voting from ISML...

Anyway, two things to note: a perfect 49-0 record went to Kanade Tachibana, while the amazing 0-49 mark of complete failure went to Laura Bodewig. Only applies within their limited pool of 50 contestants, but still.

e: Well, this was terrible timing and now this post looks really stupid.

see
v
v
v

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Trojita said:
rgedp.png

Jex

Hellsing321 said:
Horizon 1

I have no idea what the fuck I'm watching, and not in the good way. The character designs for this show are pretty bad as well. So far this season is turning out as bad as I thought it would.
I'd have to argue that it's far worse than I imagined. The sheer amount of nothing happening coupled with endless amounts of exposition about nothing plus awful character designs...
cosmicblizzard said:
Horizon 1

This is among the coolest kitchen sink worlds I can think of in recent memory. Really love the cast and hope they get fleshed out. They displayed some nice powers and personalities during the test thing. Smugdouche definitely did not disappoint. He barely says 3 lines and I start cracking up. Can't wait to see more of him.

Definitely a potential show of the season.
Yeah...

Jex

hosannainexcelsis said:
Haha, that doesn't make any sense to begin with. You have to know the puzzle's solution to be able to create it.
You forget, Phi Brain is more extreme than the average show, so it might be possible!

Branduil

Jexhius said:
I'd have to argue that it's far worse than I imagined. The sheer amount of nothing happening coupled with endless amounts of exposition about nothing plus awful character designs...

Yeah...
Anime is like Princess Peach, as soon as you save it, it goes right back to being doomed again.

Jex

hosannainexcelsis said:
I have to ask, who is this Phil character you keep going on about?
The guy in that mask, obviously.
Dresden said:
It's actually a pretty impressive interrogation technique. Once you've shown someone that you can freestyle a circle, they know you mean business.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kimi to Boku 1: Pleasantly surprised with the pacing. It gave a bit of weight to an otherwise uninteresting premise, so I'm going to say that Yoshida saves anime again. Also, dem cherry blossoms.

Tamayura ~hitotose~ 1: Mono no aware overload. Even in the opening narration they tell you exactly what this show will be. I'm surprised they went with the prequel route for the first episode, but that's probably the best way to summarize the OVAs without completely repeating the same material. SatoJun also saves anime.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Branduil said:
Guys, tell me I'm not crazy and I'm not the only one seeing this image in that quoted post from dresden:
It's a still frame from Gundam Age.

Jex

icarus-daedelus said:
It is a good show to watch as a teenage girl. It's the target audience after all.

Edit: although, it may be slightly odd to have your older brother introduce you to it...
I don't see why. Older brothers play a very important and noteworthy role in the show. It's certainly a wiser choice than Koi Kaze, even if that is actually a good show.

Defuser

RurouniZel said:
Better question is why the fuck a Phoenix Wright anime not being made?

Jex

firehawk12 said:
Tamayura ~hitotose~ 1: Mono no aware overload. Even in the opening narration they tell you exactly what this show will be. I'm surprised they went with the prequel route for the first episode, but that's probably the best way to summarize the OVAs without completely repeating the same material. SatoJun also saves anime.
Well, that sound's great, but we all know that you're not to be trusted once a show has mono no aware. Then again Junichi Sato is a pretty solid director, I suppose I will have to check it out.

Articalys

firehawk12 said:
Kimi to Boku 1: Pleasantly surprised with the pacing. It gave a bit of weight to an otherwise uninteresting premise, so I'm going to say that Yoshida saves anime again. Also, dem cherry blossoms.

What do you mean "prequel"? Is there going to be confusion if you haven't seen the OVAs? What would one be missing out on?

Jex

Defuser said:
Better question is why the fuck a Phoenix Wright anime not being made?
Well, when you have something that actually makes lots of money why the heck would you need to make an anime? Once you look at if from the point of view that, actually what really helps anime to make money (in most cases) is the merchandise, then you can see why there's no real incentive to make such a thing.

Plus, we've already had great courtroom anime drama from Judge, Deadman Wonderland and Mardock Scramble.

Branduil

Jexhius said:
Well, when you have something that actually makes lots of money why the heck would you need to make an anime? Once you look at if from the point of view that, actually what really helps anime to make money (in most cases) is the merchandise, then you can see why there's no real incentive to make such a thing.

Plus, we've already had great courtroom anime drama from Judge, Deadman Wonderland and Mardock Scramble.
Don't forget episode one of Deadman Wonderland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom