• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saiyar said:
Chihayafuru has been added to Crunchy rolls lineup. Available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.

Looks like CR are waiting till the day a show airs before they announce it.

Excellent. Perhaps this season will break the trend of the last two seasons of the best new show not getting licensed.

cajunator

Banned
Have any of you heard of a show called Cat BLue Dynamite?
It was supposed to be a series but ROmanov never got around to it. I fucking love that episode though. Watched it at least 30 times.

duckroll

The 009: Re-Cyborg movie will be released in Japan in Fall 2012.

Staff:
Original Concept: Shotaro Ishinomori
Director/Script: Kenji Kamiyama
Music: Kenji Kawai
Character Design: Gatou Asou
Animation Director: Daisuke Suzuki (CG garbage person)
Art Director: Yusuke Takeda
Production Producer: Hiroaki Matsuura (CG garbage person)
Producer: Tomohiko Ishii
Joint-production: Production IG, SANZIGEN (CG garbage studio)
Distributor: Production IG, T-Joy

Kamiyama has fully embraced the garbageness of CG! Rejoice, for Saya is truly protecting him! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Lain

Finished watching the trailer, at times it looks acceptable, most other times it looks cheap cheap cheap. Some of the action looked interesting to me, but still being a 3D movie just doesn't fill me with any excitement.

Manyuu Chikenchou 11

Chikumi was really hardcore. Chifusa is turning out to be a lot like her, too.

Edo looks like a fun place to hang out. Playing archery with real women? Awesome!

I'm sad that the next ep is the last. I could really use another season of this.

/XX/

duckroll said:
Yeah that was a piece of shit too. Production IG is terrible with CG direction.
I said some time ago how much I liked SANZINGEN Inc. work for Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27173769&postcount=9558), but this is such a completely different situation. With that kind of 'middle-of-the-road' designs it is difficult to convey a homogeneously attractive result, I think something more stylized or exaggerated would have worked better for this.

duckroll

/XX/ said:
I said some time ago how much I liked SANZINGEN Inc. work for Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27173769&postcount=9558), but this is such a completely different situation. With that kind of 'middle-of-the-road' designs it is difficult to convey a homogeneously attractive result, I think something more stylized or exaggerated would have worked better for this.

SANZINGEN does really good technical work, but in the end they're only a CG studio, and their output will depend largely on who is the overall director, and what sort of style and direction the production has. I feel that the problem here is entirely on Production IG's shoulders, because as the main production studio, the way they approach CG, and their understanding of how to utilize it in an appealing way, is imo very weak.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
While there are some very neat shots, overall the Kamiyama 009 thing looks kind of hideous. I wish they'd used at least 50% 2D animation.

/XX/

Sorry, I slipped with this! Didn't realize that I'm a week behind on THE IDOLM@STER series (yeah, I've been busy). I'll simply leave this; it was glorious, GORIPON!

scy said:
So has anything from this season start been decent yet? Haven't had the chance to watch any of the premieres so I want to know what level of appropriate hype I should be in for the most amount of disappointment.

Hunter x Hunter is good but a disappointment for some that compare it to the first series. Ika Musume S2 is par for the course when taking season 1 into account and Horizon is show of the season.

cosmicblizzard said:
Hunter x Hunter is good but a disappointment for some that compare it to the first series. Ika Musume S2 is par for the course when taking season 1 into account and Horizon is show of the season.

till friday and then we have Persona 4

scy

cosmicblizzard said:

Breasts of the season or bust.

Mighty competition in Maken-ki and Ben-To probably, though.

scy said:
So has anything from this season start been decent yet? Haven't had the chance to watch any of the premieres so I want to know what level of appropriate hype I should be in for the most amount of disappointment.

Phi Brain has good animation and character designs and is quite compelling.

duckroll

M_Night said:
If that's the combined sales for vol.1 DVD and BR then isn't this really shocking?

What if they cancel the movie?!

The Japanese government saw this coming, that's why they pumped in half a million dollars to protect Saya so Saya could protect them!

Jex

Ratrat said:
City Hunter 1-4. I was expecting something much less juvenile.
does he ever get any? :p
So that fellow posters are aware, City Hunter isn't juvenile in the manner of modern anime titles. So instead of "teenage boy spotting a girls underwear" the show is more like "muscle-bound bad-ass man with perfect accuracy who is always trying to sleep with women". The representation of the male is very different between those two types of show.

Jex

icarus-daedelus said:
Why are Japanese CGI films so ugly? They should really give it up, especially when it means wasting talents like Kamiyama.

I mean, new Appleseed hurt my eyes.
Well, at least they're keeping it in-line with the earlier Appleseed movies.

Dresden

Obsessed said:
Wait... did the government really fund a stupid anime, or did I miss some in-series joke?
The Agency for Cultural Affairs of the Japanese government announced on Friday that it will help fund five projects for this year's Support Program for International Co-Production, including two anime: The Legend of Budori Gusuko (Gusukobudori no Denki) and the Blood-C film. Tezuka Productions and Production I.G will each receive 50 million yen (about US$650,000) for the two anime projects.

Jex

weeaboo said:
Horizon 1

This season is awful.

I hate everyone.
One particularly crappy show, or season, shouldn't be enough to make you lose the faith. Just turn it off, breathe slowly, then go watch some older work that you haven't had a chance to see yet.

Or, I dunno, go play outside or something.

mAcOdIn

duckroll said:
The Japanese government saw this coming, that's why they pumped in half a million dollars to protect Saya so Saya could protect them!
Perhaps Japan's trying to protect her the same way she protected Japan in WW 2?

Still too soon?

iavi

BGBW said:
Gintama 228

New OP is a bit too "serious business" for my liking. New ED is alright though I didn't notice a coach gag in this one.
Storyline was great. Comedy arcs are the best arcs.

No way! That new op is like a love letter to me. Samurai + City + Noir + Fights + Awesome song. There's love all in this bitch at the moment. Plus, I love how they tease the
Harem/Punk'd
chapters. Hilarious moments coming up!

E: Wow, I really do love the vocal gymnastics she's pulling towards the end of that OP track. I'm dying.

Jex

PdotMichael said:
What a opening song.

*redacted*

It looks like an typical harem anime but wtf the song is hardcore.

(Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko)
Why would you bring such a thing back into this thread?

And how is it allowed?

There' are lots of shitty, boring and plain old generic OP's in anime. That's one of the few that's literally painful.

I'd suggest we all work together to compile a list of shitty OP's, but that sounds like a painful experience for everyone involved.

scy

Jexhius said:
Why would you bring such a thing back into this thread?

And how is it allowed?

There' are lots of shitty, boring and plain old generic OP's in anime. That's one of the few that's literally painful.

I'd suggest we all work together to compile a list of shitty OP's, but that sounds like a painful experience for everyone involved.

Higurashi Kira's OP still makes me cry, though it's possibly unrelated to the quality of it itself.

Also, I now have to see this OP you speak of when I get home from work. I may be facing down death itself soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom