• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Another good night for the Lakers.

Would have liked to see Chicago lose, but Memphis dropping one to give NO a small cushion was the next best thing.

I know Jonas Valanciunas can't defend or create his own shot at this point in his career, but I still love him as a prospect. Dude just knows how to play and has a great attitude, hands, and wingspan. At worst, he's an efficient double-double guy who's awesome in the locker room, I want the Jazz to get him.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I really hope the seeding stays as is out West. It's absolutely perfect for us.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Fisher is dirtier than Garnett.
When Fish jabs a player in the nut-sack come get me. Until then, just stop.

CB3 said:
1 seed is gonna have to go through OKC in the second round. no thanks. im fine with the 2 seed

yeah, I just want Spurs to feel some pressure, is all. Definitely don't want OKC in round 2.

Fisher is dirtier than Garnett.

Kaman tried to lay Fisher out on a screen away from the play.

Would have liked to see Chicago lose, but Memphis dropping one to give NO a small cushion was the next best thing.

Yeah, it was a game that helped LAL one way or another.

Lakers defeating Hornets on Sunday is kind of a catch-22.

linsivvi

CB3 said:
1 seed is gonna have to go through OKC in the second round. no thanks. im fine with the 2 seed

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that the Thunders can even get past the Nuggets though.

Not that the Nuggets are easy to get by with the way they've been playing.

2nd round against Dallas with home court is definitely the easiest path. The most important thing is that Portland holding onto that 6th seed (which they should with West out for the season). The Lakers definitely don't want to see them in the playoffs.

Forceatowulf said:
Another good night for the Lakers.

They drop one more and the Rocket's in. They are only 1 game behind in the lost column with the season series locked up.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I don't even want the 1 seed anymore. Memphis always plays us hard and gritty. Also, the Rockets are right on their heels. Yet another team that gives us everything they've got every time they hit the court.

Fuck the 1 seed.

Kevtones

Rundown:

Portland was down 4 with 35 seconds.

35 seconds -Andre Miller steals it from Parker and hits a fastbreak layup.
8 seconds - Wesley Matthews steals from Manu and drives, misses, Batum gets fouled on the put back with 0.9 left and he hits both.
0.9 - Spurs throw it of bounds on their inbound on Portland's end
0.9 - Miller to Batum alley oop tip for the win.

Beautiful.

New Orleans:

@ Phx W
@LAL
Por
Mem
Indy
Hou
Phx
@Mem
Utah (b2b)
@Dallas

Memphis:

@Chi L
SAS
GSW
@NOH
Minn (b2b)
LAC
Sac
NOH
@Por
@LAC (b2b)

Houston:

@Miami
@NJN
@Philly (b2b)
SAS
Atl
Sac
NOH (b2b)
LAC
Dal
@Minn

Portland:

SAS W
@OKC
@SAS (b2b)
@NOH
OKC
Dal
GSW
@Utah
LAL (b2b)
Mem
@GSW (b2b)

Updated.

linsivvi said:
I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that the Thunders can even get past the Nuggets though.

Not that the Nuggets are easy to get by with the way they've been playing.

2nd round against Dallas with home court is definitely the easiest path. The most important thing is that Portland holding onto that 6th seed (which they should with West out for the season). The Lakers definitely don't want to see them in the playoffs.
Yea, the OKC-DEN series will be entertaining.

Not worried about Portland.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Ahh come on man that's not even remotely true.

Just fucking with you Laker fans but he certainly isn't innocent, guy has a lot of tricks he pulls.

I can't believe the Suns game where he flailed whenever Nash touched him away from the ball.

I would tell him to get in the weight room but one thing he does have is "guns".

LiveFromKyoto said:
Okay...

..wait.

Kevin Love can't do either either and I don't think people would argue that he has a poor understanding of the game. Valanciunas moves extremely well without the ball and knows where most rebounds are going going from what I've seen of him.

Just saw the box score to the Raptor v. Warrior game... WTF

Also I want to see the top 3 in the East look like this:
1. BOS
2. CHI
3. MIA

...and the Czz are phucking it up. I want the Heat to face both CHI and BOS if they advance. I don't want the Superfriends anywhere near the Finals.

Two fucking awful losses that should've never happened, even without TD. Both games were under control until the team decided to stop playing. It was a heartless performance of Mavericks proportions.

Derwind

RJNavarrete said:
I can't wait to see Spurs-age when we catch 'em for the first seed.

If you're speaking as a lakers fan. You should know its statistically near 0 possibility of you getting the first seed now.

They're 5 games ahead of you at the moment.

You'd basically have to win nearly all you games and need the spurs to lose a good portion of there games.

Lakers Schedule:

Sun 27 vs New Orleans
Thu 31 vs Dallas
Fri 01 @ Utah
Sun 03 vs Denver
Tue 05 vs Utah
Wed 06 @ Golden State
Fri 08 @ Portland
Sun 10 vs Oklahoma City
Tue 12 vs San Antonio
Wed 13 @ Sacramento

Spurs Schedule:

Sun 27 @ Memphis
Mon 28 vs Portland
Thu 31 vs Boston
Fri 01 @ Houston
Sun 03 vs Phoenix
Tue 05 @ Atlanta
Wed 06 vs Sacramento
Sat 09 vs Utah
Tue 12 @ LA Lakers
Wed 13 @ Phoenix

Its possible but I doubt it.

You should be more worried about Dallas over taking your #2 spot right now. :/

Anth0ny

so... toronto gives up 84 in one half to the warriors? the cavs win? the kings blow out the pacers? blake misses a dunk? bobcats hand the celtics their first loss on home court to an eastern conference team? THE END OF THAT SAN ANTONIO GAME?!?!?!?

tonight was fucked up.

Brinbe said:
hahaha, oh man, everyone guess how many boards Bargs has tonight in 27 mins.

13yle9x.gif

Derwind

SamuraiX- said:
Executed to perfection.

Parker saw it at the last second. If he had another inch or two on him he could have easily intercepted that.

I like how Portland trolled the Spurs by using the same play San Antonio failed to do and winning with it.

The whole in bound alley-oop pass.

Judderman said:
...I blame Robert Randolph and the Family Band.
If I can get enough support from Knicks-GAF I'm going to start a "Sign Earl Barron" viral campaign. Pass out flyers, Twitter/Facebook groups, show up at MSG before home games and shit.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Sun 27 @ Memphis
Mon 28 vs Portland
Thu 31 vs Boston
Fri 01 @ Houston
Sun 03 vs Phoenix
Tue 05 @ Atlanta
Wed 06 vs Sacramento
Sat 09 vs Utah
Tue 12 @ LA Lakers
Wed 13 @ Phoenix

W
W
W
W
W
W
W
W
L
L

Black Mamba said:

Ha where did you read that?

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Just fucking with you Laker fans but he certainly isn't innocent, guy has a lot of tricks he pulls.

I can't believe the Suns game where he flailed whenever Nash touched him away from the ball.

I would tell him to get in the weight room but one thing he does have is "guns".

Yeah Fisher is definitely a crafty little bastard.

Derwind

HoopsHype said:
Tommy Beer: D’Antoni addressed possible Earl Barron addition. Hinted it's unlikely. He (rhetorically) asked: “Is he better than Shelden Williams?”

Sorry Frankman. He just doesn't fit the Pringles scheme. :shrug

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Kogepan said:
yeh, just wait till Paul joins the Knicks.

I'm sure the Hornets will go for a billups/douglas/fields package.

I'm fairly certain this won't happen. The Knicks are more aware than ever that they simply need a legit center. D'Antoni will get fired, and we'll get a new center. Turfiaf, Balkman, and Shelden Williams will likely get traded away for a mid-level center.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
AlphaSnake said:
I'm fairly certain this won't happen. The Knicks are more aware than ever that they simply need a legit center. D'Antoni will get fired, and we'll get a new center. Turfiaf, Balkman, and Shelden Williams will likely get traded away for a mid-level center.

I doubt Mike D goes anywhere anytime soon...

Gabyskra

Banned
AlphaSnake said:

That package is almost worthless. Balkman is not even an expirer. No way that gets you an upgrade over Turiaf. Knicks have little room to explore options until we know more about the new CBA, which might make things even worse.

On Cowherd's podcast he said he sat by an Eastern Conference executive and claims that guy said "In our market, we could use a white guard"

...I'll bet that it was Indiana

I think Rose is definitely first team, because he does deserve it but he's getting major hype. Wade and Kobe will split votes though I think...it is really weird to think one of those two will not be a first teamer, damn.

Rose's shooting % isn't high but I've never believed in #s that strongly (unless it reaches Iverson/Antoine levels)...his play is first team caliber though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom