• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zep

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I'd be very concerned for the Bulls if Haslem was a factor but according to Heat fans here, he isn't close to being there yet.

I hope he doesn't get there.

I fear his offense actually, he's probably a better jumpshooter than LeBron or Wade but that's not exactly fair as he takes midrangers.

Spolestra is an idiot...So I wouldn't be surprised if he held back Haslem even more. This is a guy who played Juwan Howard 20mins and had him on Jeff Green for periods.

J2 Cool

Any chance the Grizzlies can come out of a 3-2 hole?

And is Charles right, that the Mavs want to play the Thunder more than Grizzlies? I doubt that. Thunder can run on the Mavs. Also from a fans perspective, I'd love to see KD vs Dirk.

Ninja Scooter said:
For all the talk of Z-Bo breaking out, he's had some Pau-ish games this postseason.

Guy has Perkins hops almost, for all the other ways he impresses.

Zep said:
Spolestra is an idiot...So I wouldn't be surprised if he held back Haslem even more..

I really haven't kept track of his injury, I heard way back he was likely out for the year, then they said he'll be possibly ready for the playoffs, then he plays in a playoff game but supposedly is incredibly rusty and doesn't make a difference at all.

I don't know where he is at.

dream

csnnewengland Comcast SportsNet NE
Ray Allen: "I don't have any plans to go anywhere else." #Celtics #Heat

believe :(

J2 Cool said:
And is Charles right, that the Mavs want to play the Thunder more than Grizzlies? I doubt that. Thunder can run on the Mavs. Also from a fans perspective, I'd love to see KD vs Dirk.

The theory around Dallas for the Grizz is that they are far more versatile than the Thunder offensively, and the way they play defense will be more problematic for the Mavs.

Really though, if you ask ten people in Dallas, you'll probably get five that say they wanna see the Grizz, and five that wanna play OC.

KingGondo

Banned
J2 Cool said:
I can't imagine that the Mavs would rather play OKC. We present some really tough matchups for them (especially KD and our PGs) and the series would likely come down to whose bench plays better.

It would be a good series.

dream

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Seems very loyal, I think they will have to do a Perkins type deal for him not to be back.

I agree but you know, he only has so many years left and I just don't know how responsible it is for him to keep playing for below market value in Boston.

holy shit, it's Nate

gogo Nate/Westbrook backcourt

I haven't watched much of the game tonight but is Collison of the Thunder actually giving them quality minutes or is it just me???

He's busting his ass despite his limited talent relative to most of the other players.

I thought he played very well last game.

Cipherr

DCX said:
[/B]
The problem is the way the posts come in.
Rarely you get " longtime lurker, but man this was a good series, glad team x made it through, team y played us hard, on to the next round "

Starting at posts about 6 pages back, as the Heat Boston game ended I can personally count a quick 3 posts that went EXACTLY like that, and they were attacked from every angle with everything from personal insults to questioning peoples character. Peel back the bullshit and have an actual look at the nonsense you are defending. If this thread was at ALL moderated like every other section of GAF there would be bans out the ass, and the only thing you would have LEFT are the 'new fans' you hate so much.

DCX said:
To me, if you're a fan..then post..not when your team wins, but....

Shut up, just stop saying words, you don't get to tell any fucking one when they can and cant post as long as what they have to say is within the TOS. Use your ignore function if it chafes you that much. I hate to kind of single you out, but the rest are lunatics, but Im pretty sure Ive seen a lot better from you posting wise on other sections of the boards, fucking sad to see you jumping on the crazy wagon with the rest of the lot.

Anyways OKC is running away with this and the grizzlies dont seem to care to make a game of this, and this thread is to busy talking back and forth about the game that already ended, so Im just gonna check out for the night.

KingGondo

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I haven't watched much of the game tonight but is Collison of the Thunder actually giving them quality minutes or is it just me???

He's busting his ass despite his limited talent relative to most of the other players.

I thought he played very well last game.
He consistently gives us awesome minutes, he's becoming the new poster child for great players who don't pile up traditional stats.

I also think you're forgetting how amazing he was in college. Unstoppable.

KingGondo said:
He consistently gives us awesome minutes, he's becoming the new poster child for great players who don't pile up traditional stats.

I also think you're forgetting how amazing he was in college. Unstoppable.

Well, yeah, I don't think he's a scrub but I doubt most would expect a ton out of him or most that only follow impact players.

I am impressed with him though, he is playing aggressively and holding his own against Randolph when bigger named players couldn't stop him.

I guess if he's active, he's always going to contribute.

Zep

Banned
Pristine_Condition said:
The theory around Dallas for the Grizz is that they are far more versatile than the Thunder offensively, and the way they play defense will be more problematic for the Mavs.

Really though, if you ask ten people in Dallas, you'll probably get five that say they wanna see the Grizz, and five that wanna play OC.

The thing is, everyone on Dallas who provide their D won't have to worry about carrying the load on offense to start out.

Westbrook - Stevenson

Marion - Durant

Dirk - Ibaka

Kidd - Sefolosha

Chandler - Perkins

With this Memphis series, you have Randolph and Gasol banging down low on offense and then having to slow down Westbrook/Durant/Harden from getting easy layups on defense. The benches will be huge but Chuck is right, Dallas probably wants this matchup more.

ph33nix said:
As much as you guys like hating on the lifelongs I have to admit I wish I could be at a bar with wesker, cerrius, cherry, etc. those dudes when this shit went down

I like have no real life heat fan friends. and most of my friends are mavs fans...you guys get the idea of what i've had to deal with for years now lol

Oh man its going to get crazy for you if its a Finals rematch. Where you there in 06?

I have a new job that makes me travel around the country so there is a chance I maybe out of town on a big game or two. My biggest fear is not being in town if we win, there is nothing like running out into the streets into a massive celebration.

MikeTyson

Banned
Iron E Man said:
I've completely forgotten that Ivey still played in the NBA.
pierceface.gif

MiamiWesker said:
Oh man its going to get crazy for you if its a Finals rematch. Where you there in 06?

I have a new job that makes me travel around the country so there is a chance I maybe out of town on a big game or two. My biggest fear is not being in town if we win, there is nothing like running out into the streets into a massive celebration.
I remember 2006 and that shit was bananas. Fuck the pots and pans cubans though

Zep said:
The thing is, everyone on Dallas who provide their D won't have to worry about carrying the load on offense to start out.

Westbrook - Stevenson

Marion - Durant

Dirk - Ibaka

Kidd - Sefolosha

Chandler - Perkins

With this Memphis series, you have Randolph and Gasol banging down low on offense and then having to slow down Westbrook/Durant/Harden from getting easy layups on defense. The benches will be huge but Chuck is right, Dallas probably wants this matchup more.

Yeah, it's true. Another problem with OKC is that they have troubles executing down the stretch. Dallas thrives in the 4th quarter, so if it's a close game going into the 4th, I can see the Mavs really making it hard on the Thunder. Both teams have good bench players. I'm not quite sure how well Ibaka will be able to guard Dirk either. Serge seems to jump around a lot when guarding people, so I think Dirk is going to pick him apart with his pump fake. Marion and Caron provided good D against KD, but now that the Mavs play Marion and Peja, it might be a huge mismatch. I expect to see a lot more of Corey Brewer next series. RW will probably own the Mavs though, Stevenson/Barea/Terry will be guarding him.

That is if the Thunder win the series.

Zep said:

Westbrook - Stevenson

Marion - Durant

Dirk - Ibaka

Kidd - Sefolosha

Chandler - Perkins

Good explanation.

J2 Cool

As a Bulls fans, if Teague is getting to the rim that easy, I fear Wade/Lebron. The Bulls would have to start making adjustments on that side of things this next game. Though Atlanta does have more shooters, and Teague's a complete surprise to everyone.

KingGondo

Banned
Zep said:
If Brooks is smart, he'll start Harden in the Dallas series (assuming it happens of course) and bring Sefolosha off the bench to pester Jason Terry. I doubt it will happen though. We'll probably be digging ourselves out of some first quarter holes like we were against the Lakers last year.

Perimeter defense will be key for us, as well as the play of Harden, Maynor, and Ibaka. I fully expect KD and Russ to get theirs in that series.

masud

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
The Celtics lost the series clearly because of the refs...
So good.

Especially after all that shit you were talking after game 1 vs the Knicks.

Oh and now that the Celtics are finally riding thier hoverounds off into the sunset...

Fuck Miami.
Fuck Zo.
Fuck that sham title you stole from Dirk.
And fuck that greasy prick Riley

Rosebrook in 7

Seeing Juwan Howard on the Heat almost makes me want to root against them, so that the Fab Five can go down as the biggest bunch of overhyped losers ever.

J2 Cool said:
As a Bulls fans, if Teague is getting to the rim that easy, I fear Wade/Lebron. The Bulls would have to start making adjustments on that side of things this next game. Though Atlanta does have more shooters, and Teague's a complete surprise to everyone.

I think it's bullshit that the Bulls aren't contesting his shots, maybe they are taking him for granted though you wouldn't think they would be doing so still.

Noah and Taj need to get there and swat that shit.

Teague is only effective with the floaters and layups and a mid-shortrange jumper.

Let him shoot jumpers or if he gets to the rim, make him earn it.

He does use his body in ways he gets a lot of calls but not blocking his shot once with what the Bulls have is absurd to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom