• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duki

Banned
The Frankman said:
There are so many alt accounts/troll accounts up there you might as well scrap it.

True, MLB-GAF never gets the amount of trollers and LIFELONGS NBA-GAF gets.

waitaminute
the real problem with mlb gaf is that only the new york yankees matter in baseball but you have people trying to shit up the thread by talking about some brewers game or something and its like who cares

SamuraiX- said:
SMH @ daggers when you're up by 6 with 30 seconds left.

How quickly you forget.

With 2:10 left and the game tied Lebron makes a 25 foot 3-pointer.
With :40 left and up by 3 Lebron makes a 26 foot 3-pointer.
With :34 left and up by 6 Lebron makes a slam dunk 2-pointer.
With :06 left and up by 8 Lebron makes a lay up 2-pointer.

That's gettn' er done.

The Chosen One said:
Bulls-Age so please convince me why you'll beat the Heat next round
assuming you get past the Hawks, lol

Well, the Heat have never beaten the Bulls and I would say the Bulls play better defense than this current Celtics team.

The Bulls should be able to own the boards as well.

I hope there is this series and I expect a close one.

Blackface

Banned
weekend_warrior said:
How quickly you forget.

With 2:10 left and the game tied Lebron makes a 25 foot 3-pointer.
With :40 left and up by 3 Lebron makes a 26 foot 3-pointer.
With :34 left and up by 6 Lebron makes a slam dunk 2-pointer.
With :06 left and up by 8 Lebron makes a lay up 2-pointer.

That's gettn' er done.

They only remember when Lebron scores 10 points in the forth, but Wade hits the last shot. Then praise Wade for being clutch and laugh at Lebron for sucking.

gaf-list.png

Yes. Please update.

WTF is Brandy still doing in the Mavs box? Remove that, STAT, before something terrible happens to Dirk!

Seda

The Chosen One said:
Bulls-Age so please convince me why you'll beat the Heat next round
assuming you get past the Hawks, lol

Well the Heat's starters are clearly better shooters.

But if the Bulls can win the boards battle, and maximize their bench efforts against the Heat's bench.....there's a chance.

But I'm still worried about this Hawks series.

Blackface

Banned
Nobody is updating shit. If you are here by the start of next season, and post during the off-season, you make the list.

Don't want the list getting clogged up with one month life longs.

I was surprised that the Celtics didnt win more games then they did.Was Perkins that important to the Celtics?I dont remember him playing the Heat in the regular season.

punkypine

Tom Penny said:
Shaq won because of Kobe, Russell just happen to be on great Celtics teams and basically lucked into 11 rings. Kobe won with less than Hakeem. Duncan I'd probably give you.
wat

did you see the roster in 93-94? are you crazy? shaq is better than any of those guys, in these past 2 titles, he had gasol and odom, who were both better than anyone that played on the 94 title team... and by the time Drexler got to the team in 95, he was pretty old

you're crazy

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Well, the Heat have never beaten the Bulls and I would say the Bulls play better defense than this current Celtics team.

That Celts team wasn't nearly healthy enough to win that series anyways. Ainge fucked that team up by trading Perkins.

Derwind

TheGreatMightyPoo said:

The promising thing is that the Bulls have better young big men.

Boozer = Bosh

Noah/Asik >>> Anthony/Big Z

Taj Gibson >>> The Corpse of McGoon Howard

Rose >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bibby and Chalmers combined

So you have some advantages at key positions.

I'm rooting for you guys! Just to see the frowns on the LLL's...

Ninja Scooter said:
For all the talk of Z-Bo breaking out, he's had some Pau-ish games this postseason.

He is 5 years his senior though....dudes pretty old...

Seda said:
But I'm still worried about this Hawks series.

Me too(shocked YOU are though) but maybe the Hawks will forget about playing aggressive and with urgency and go back to the jumpshooting Hawks we all know and love.

I doubt it, they'll likely play like they did in game 4.

Seda

Blackface said:
Nobody is updating shit. If you are here by the start of next season, and post during the off-season, you make the list.

Sucks for us who watch multiple sports and focus on the active seasons. It's just a list though.

J2 Cool

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Chris Broussard's top 11 players of all time:

1. MJ
2. Magic
3. KAJ
4. Wilt
5. Bird
6. Kobe
7. Shaq
8. Russell
9. Big O
10. Hakeem
11. Duncan

lmfao, Kobe over Russell, Shaq, Duncan, and Hakeem.

I don't think it's too bad of a list. Russell's achievements are always hard to rank. Individual performance vs team performance.

As long as people put Russell in the top 10, I'm okay with it. Many have argued/voted Kobe as player of the decade so him > Shaq, Duncan, Hakeem is nothing unheard of. Those 3 are right around each other, with great peaks for Shaq/Hakeem and Duncan's longevity and rings. I'm intrigued by a Kobe vs Bird debate.

KingGondo said:
Nah, Perk actually seems to be a really genuine person.

I always had the idea that Perk was an asshole years back, and that he had to be 30+. My opinion's mostly turned around on that. The guy just looks mean. It's pretty hilarious he's mentioned "I must scare people" in an interview before.

Blackface

Banned
punkypine said:
wat

did you see the roster in 93-94? are you crazy? shaq is better than any of those guys, in these past 2 titles, he had gasol and odom, who were both better than anyone that played on the 94 title team... and by the time Drexler got to the team in 95, he was pretty old

you're crazy

Penny is trolling. He also said Kobe is why Shaq won with the Lakers.

Let him troll by himself.

Derwind said:

Boozer = Bosh

Rose >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bibby and Chalmers combined

Yeah, I agree with all that you said as anyone with a brain would.

If the Bulls make the Heat shoot jumpers, they'll be in good shape as LeClown and Wade are streaky.

I don't factor Bosh into this because especially at Chicago, he will likely be trying to move without the ball in his own piss.

If LeBron and Wade get to the rim, foul their ass not letting them make the shot as they aren't great at the line.

I see Kurt Thomas playing good minutes in the series if it happens.

Game looks over man. Grizz are just dead after that 3OT game. That's what I was thinking would happen.

Seda said:
Sucks for us who watch multiple sports and focus on the active seasons. It's just a list though.
Shit I couldn't even post till like January anyways.

Blackface

Banned
Seda said:

Thats are people on the list who post like once a week. But they keep active. I am also pretty sure everyone in NBAGAF follows multiple sports.

Some people just got missed though when it was being made it seems. I mainly posted that to the people who are popping up in the last two weeks and have said nothing in the last two years.

Blackface said:

I've been posting as a heat fan since last years playoffs but I don't get any cred : /

Blackface

Banned
Derwind said:

Boozer = Bosh

He is 5 years his senior though....dudes pretty old...

here is the problem

Boozer=Bosh isn't really true. If you look at the numbers Bosh is a better defender (which surprised the fuck out of me, 103 rating, which is better then league average).

Boozer is the second option on the Bulls. Bosh is third option on the Heat.

Bulls will probably get swept, if not 4-1. Nobody can stop Lebron or Wade on the Bulls. Bosh has already shit on Boozer which is how he made the Olympic team (and Tyson Chandler).

Seda

Blackface said:
Thats are people on the list who post like once a week. But they keep active. I am also pretty sure everyone in NBAGAF follows multiple sports.

Some people just got missed though when it was being made it seems. I mainly posted that to the people who are popping up in the last two weeks and have said nothing in the last two years.

Ah, didn't want to imply that people here didn't watch multiple sports, sorry, justs that I tend to stick to the active seasons and not really follow offseason stuff too closely, less than a lot of people here.

As a fan of Chicago teams, EPSNChicago pretty much covers any roster changes of my teams and thats all the offseason I really need.

Derwind

Blackface said:
here is the problem

Boozer=Bosh isn't really true. If you look at the numbers Bosh is a better defender (which surprised the fuck out of me, 103 rating, which is better then league average).

Bulls will probably get swept, if not 4-1. Nobody can stop Lebron or Wade on the Bulls. Bosh has already shit on Boozer which is how he made the Olympic team (and Tyson Chandler).

I meant Boozer = Bosh in the streaky-ness this playoffs. He's either there one game and not in the other....even on defense it can get streaky.

Overall side by side career comparison Bosh is better than Boozer.

Blackface said:
here is the problem

The Heat have to prove they can beat the Bulls ONCE before they beat them 4 straight.

If you really believe Boozer is the second option of the Bulls, you are living on his past accomplishments.

If the Heat can't sweep the 76ers, no way they can sweep a team that beat every good team in the NBA in the regular season but keep thinking sweep.

Blackface said:

I don't give a shit to be in your club or on that list at all, I just want Brandy off the Mavs logo before a comet hits the American Airlines Center.

ecnal

Blackface said:
here is the problem

oh god.

times like these make me appreciate the bosh versus amare essays.

Zep

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Yeah, I agree with all that you said as anyone with a brain would.

If the Bulls make the Heat shoot jumpers, they'll be in good shape as LeClown and Wade are streaky.

I don't factor Bosh into this because especially at Chicago, he will likely be trying to move without the ball in his own piss.

If LeBron and Wade get to the rim, foul their ass not letting them make the shot as they aren't great at the line.

I see Kurt Thomas playing good minutes in the series if it happens.

Haslem has to play a role for Miami in this series. With him in the fold, the frontcourt matchups become a lot closer. I also think they activate another big like Magloire or Dampier to try and even out the rebounding because Chicago has a huge edge right now.

Zep said:
Haslem has to play a role for Miami in this series. With him in the fold, the frontcourt matchups become a lot closer. I also think they activate another big like Magloire or Dampier.

I'd be very concerned for the Bulls if Haslem was a factor but according to Heat fans here, he isn't close to being there yet.

I hope he doesn't get there.

I fear his offense actually, he's probably a better jumpshooter than LeBron or Wade but that's not exactly fair as he takes midrangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom