• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Lakers margin of loss commpared to FTs missed...

We are literally giving games away, folks. Even in games where the fts missed aren't as much or much more than the final margin, those games could have played out differently if we were within striking distance.

That list is going to get really really long. All those Magic teams were loaded with guys who were great FT shooters and were pretty much last in the league every year just because of Dwight.

KingGondo

Banned
Lakers margin of loss commpared to FTs missed...

We are literally giving games away, folks. Even in games where the fts missed aren't as much or much more than the final margin, those games could have played out differently if we were within striking distance.
Yeah, but it's not like this is a problem that can be easily remedied. Dwight is and has always been a terrible FT shooter.

Dwight would be fine on a team like OKC where everyone else knocks down their FTs, but making Dwight a focal point of the offense is just asking the opposing team to hack him.

I'd love to have Redick on the Knicks.

Does he play defense?
Can he handle the ball?

If he can do both of those things as an upgrade to whatever would usually start at 2 guard, then I would be okay with that.

...but honestly, leave the team as it is right now. Our reinforcements are coming from the disabled list.

Why would you shake the hand of anyone who used the hack-a-_____ defense?

It's so cowardly, so anti-competitive, such a disgrace to the game of basketball and to the entire history of competitive sports. James Naismith would have punched Davis and the entire Magic roster and coaching staff in the dicks if he had been there last night.

Honestly, if Stern cares so much about his tv deals, he needs to ban this shit mid-season (fuck waiting until summer) and start fining the fuck out of any team who uses that tactic. It's just embarrassing.

In an ideal world, all the girls in the city would point and laugh at anyone who used the hack-a-_______ defense, and anyone who did it would never get laid. Heck, ideally, anyone who used it would be cursed, and his man parts would shrivel up and fall off, but that might be too much to ask for.

TL;DR: I wouldn't shake his hand, and no one who respects the game should do so either after the defecation he and the Magic placed on Naismith's grave last night.

inKVqNW8i9e8P.gif

Jeff-DSA

The Jazz's record is actually pretty decent given that we've played 12 road games. With new starters, 12 of 18 on the road, and a little bit of lost time due to injuries, I think we're in good shape. Only Denver has played less home games than the Jazz so far.

On the flip side, the Lakers have played a lot of home games. All these early home losses are brutal.

Here are the current standings:

Western

1. Grizzliers
  2. Thunder
  3. Spurs
  4. Warriors
  5. Clippers
  6. Jazz
  7. Rockets
  8. Lakers
  9. Mavericks
  10. Nuggets
  11. Timberwolves
  12. Blazers
  13. Suns
  14. Hornets
  15. Kings
Eastern
  1. Heat
  2. Knicks
  3. Nets
  4. Bucks
  5. Hawks
  6. 76'ers
  7. Bulls
  8. Celtics
  9. Pacers
  10. Bobcats
  11. Magic
  12. Pistons
  13. Cavaliers
  14. Raptors
  15. Wizards

The West be cray

diehard

Fleer
The Jazz's record is actually pretty decent given that we've played 12 road games. With new starters, 12 of 18 on the road, and a little bit of lost time due to injuries, I think we're in good shape. Only Denver has played less home games than the Jazz so far.

On the flip side, the Lakers have played a lot of home games. All these early home losses are brutal.

It doesn't matter, you can't be a good team and go .300 on the road.

Jeff-DSA

It doesn't matter, you can't be a good team and go .300 on the road.

You can if we NEVER LOSE AT HOME. We're on track for that, man. Can't you see this? 41-0 at home in 2012-2013. Believe.

I think we'll sort it out. We've had some road losses we probably should have won, but we're probably going to pick up some down the line that we shouldn't as well. It's still pretty early.

I'm really surprised at how well the Jazz and Warriors are playing, especially the Warriors. Yuy guys are taking advantage of the Mavs and Wolves' injuries. I don't know what in the hell is going on in Denver.

diehard

Fleer
I'm really surprised at how well the Jazz and Warriors are playing,
The Jazz really aren't. Favors is a defensive savant and can make us look decent defensively.. but Millsap is in a huge slump and its costing us.

Hayward hasn't been shooting well but played really well his last game so hopefully he is back. No team as deep as the Jazz should be .500.

I'm really surprised at how well the Jazz and Warriors are playing, especially the Warriors. Yuy guys are taking advantage of the Mavs and Wolves' injuries. I don't know what in the hell is going on in Denver.

Warriors beat the Nets, Clippers and Hawks as well...not to mention they're still without Bogut and Brandon Rush. The second Wolves' game, Love was playing too.

Really, their record can be attributed to an improved defense, consistently outrebounding the opposing team and steady bench play from Jack and Landry (23+ points off the bench a night with many of those points coming during the 4th quarter).

Now, it's still early to even call them a low run playoffs team, but for the first time in years, the team seems to have a solid foundation of talent to build upon...

Tom Penny

Why would you shake the hand of anyone who used the hack-a-_____ defense?

It's so cowardly, so anti-competitive, such a disgrace to the game of basketball and to the entire history of competitive sports. James Naismith would have punched Davis and the entire Magic roster and coaching staff in the dicks if he had been there last night.

Honestly, if Stern cares so much about his tv deals, he needs to ban this shit mid-season (fuck waiting until summer) and start fining the fuck out of any team who uses that tactic. It's just embarrassing.

In an ideal world, all the girls in the city would point and laugh at anyone who used the hack-a-_______ defense, and anyone who did it would never get laid. Heck, ideally, anyone who used it would be cursed, and his man parts would shrivel up and fall off, but that might be too much to ask for.

TL;DR: I wouldn't shake his hand, and no one who respects the game should do so either after the defecation he and the Magic placed on Naismith's grave last night.

LULZ. Hack a Howard is a disgrace. A player shooting in 50's from the line not a disgrace. Gotcha.

otapnam

Warriors beat the Nets, Clippers and Hawks as well...not to mention they're still without Bogut and Brandon Rush. The second Wolves' game, Love was playing too.

Really, their record can be attributed to an improved defense, consistently outrebounding the opposing team and steady bench play from Jack and Landry (23+ points off the bench a night with many of those points coming during the 4th quarter).

Now, it's still early to even call them a low run playoffs team, but for the first time in years, the team seems to have a solid foundation of talent to build upon...

Exactly, even without Bogut and Rush the Warriors have a pretty deep bench. As long as Curry stays healthy we've got something good to look forward to in the Bay

Exactly, even without Bogut and Rush the Warriors have a pretty deep bench. As long as Curry stays healthy we've got something good to look forward to in the Bay

Curry seems to be trusting his ankles a bit more (*knock on wood- oh please don't turn your ankles...). I've noticed in the last few games that he's been getting into the paint a lot more consistently whereas during the start of the season, he would just dribble around the perimeter. He just needs to get his TO's down (he falls in love with dribbling in place a lot and makes some lazy ass passes at times) at this point and hopefully we'll start seeing more of this again...

This is like saying, "as long as Bynum stays smart."

In light of all that's been exposed recently on how management has dealt with the Bogut injury, I'm starting to think that the Warriors might've mishandled Curry's injury in the first place. I dunno...that or maybe my daily sacrifice of goats' blood to the basketball gods is appeasing them...for now.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
One of the factors we can only presume prompted Gregg Popovich to do what he did Thursday night: San Antonio's visit to Miami, which happened to be the Spurs' fourth game in five nights on the road, was only the third of four games that the ultra-rested Heat had to play in a 16-day span.

Four games in 16 days. Wow.

Also, FYI, Jamal Crawford in his last 7 games...

13.4PPG, 36FG%, 12.3FGA, 2RPG, 2APG, 2TO

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/crawfja01/gamelog/2013/#822-828-sum:pgl_basic

Sounds like the Wizards except we still lose.

We play like 2 games a week and lose games.

Too bad this draft class looks fucking awful.

Fox318

Does he play defense?
Can he handle the ball?

If he can do both of those things as an upgrade to whatever would usually start at 2 guard, then I would be okay with that.

...but honestly, leave the team as it is right now. Our reinforcements are coming from the disabled list.

It's not to long ago where the requirements to be on the knicks were:
  • a face
  • at least 1 hand

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
been watching some old highlights of Pistons Grant Hill and man that dude was the fuckin truth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1GMRc8U9wo
Post Jordan, Im not sure anyone at the 2 or 3 spot fucks with a Grant Hill that aint wrecked from injuries

Fuck.

Dammit.

Can you hear it? It's a bunch of Lakers fans furiously typing on their keyboard.

... and Dynasty ready to preach the gospel of The Mac.

been watching some old highlights of Pistons Grant Hill and man that dude was the fuckin truth.
Post Jordan, Im not sure anyone at the 2 or 3 spot fucks with a Grant Hill that aint wrecked from injuries

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=O1GMRc8U9wo#t=251s

This right here both amazes and infuriates me at the same time. Iverson has a 4 on 1 and instead of dumping it off for an easy assist, he pass fakes at the last possible moment and get an and 1. The guy was so damn talented but at the same time, you can just see that he clearly received poor/little to no coaching prior to the NBA.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
How many minutes has Lamb played this year?

If Austin Rivers was on our roster, his ass would be buried deep on the bench in Tulsa.

Yeah that was my point.

Rivers has been ass but hes only 20 and he obviously wasn't ready for the NBA on any level, should have stayed in school. Yet here he is getting significant playing time. Of course hes going to look really bad. Having him learn on the NBA level isn't necessarily worse than sending him to the d-league, they can afford that luxury since they're not playing for anything this year.

Rivers is right on track to match Monta Ellis' rookie numbers of like 6 PPG on dreck percentages, so there's hope for the future I guess.

Jeff-DSA

I always felt that Grant Hill was poised to be the best post-Jordan guy at his position until the injuries. He was an absolute beast on defense and so smooth on offense. It was like Pippen with a better offensive game.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Matt Bonner Appriciation Week is over.

Lets look at his accomplishments last week:

He started his first NBA game in years
Played major minutes and in OT vs. Memphis
Played in 5 games in 7 days
Shot over 50% from 3
Averaged 3 rebounds

He can go back to DNP status now.

Next week is Steve Novak Appriciation Week!

Top Bottom