• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

Cloudy

Banned
Howard led them with 3 assists, and they had 11 as a team?

They miss Nash.

BIG TIME

Guys need to make shots for there to be an an assist. Kobe made more FGs (16-28 vs. 15-47) than the rest of his teammates combined tonight. Let that sink in..

SamuraiX-

1877074_o.gif

Re-watching Knick game on DVR. Apparently Baron Davis was sitting near Spike Lee, this man might actually have a job for life at MSG after playing 25 or so games, throwing up alley oops and shooting the occasional ASSHOLE THREE.

See, the thing is Magic was not saying he should be fired, but that he needs to change his system to fit the players. The problem is that Pringles has as much an ego as elite NBA players, and is stubborn as hell. You can't sit here and wait for Nash to come back and save you while not making adjustment to your system.

But this is wrong, too. MDA has changed the system at times. Tonight, for instance (now that I've seen the first half), he went to an inside out game much moreso and far far far less pick n' rolls.

Don't believe me, go watch the game again and count the number of pick'n rolls there are. At times it looked more like the triangle than Mike's system. But it led to a ton of turnovers (though good early shooting too).

Magic is just talking for the sake of talking.

Ever watch Morris? Please try to tell me he's playing anything that resembles Mike's system. All he does is dribble endlessly with no purpose. It's not any system.

At one point in the game, they had 54 points on just 5 assists. I pointed this out during the game. That screams lack of a playmaker. The offense looked more efficient in the Princeton. Ball movement looked better. PEACE.

This is absolutely not true. They couldn't do shit in the Princeton to start the season. Ball movement was about as bad as I've ever seen it.

Since MDA came (or rather since Brown got fired), the movement is better but they still make the wrong decisions that are costly.

aznpxdd

People are actually blaming Kobe for Lakers' losing? SMH.

I guess you gotta pull out silly stats of "Lakers are ? - ? when Kobe scores over 30" when he is scoring at a high efficiency. He is also one of the best playmaking SG's...you can't get the assist if teammates constantly brick their open 3's.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
People are actually blaming Kobe for Lakers' losing? SMH.

I guess you gotta pull out silly stats of "Lakers are ? - ? when Kobe scores over 30" when he is scoring at a high efficiency. He is also one of the best playmaking SG's...you can't get the assist if teammates constantly brick their open 3's.
Kobe did what they could, but in this offense, you simply need a real PG. I hope Nash really can come back in two weeks, but without a real solution, it's useless.

Fox318

fox is just horrible in any sports thread

It physically hurts me to read his posts
If that feeling lasts longer than 4 hours you should contact a doctor.
the team that originally drafted him.
its poetic justice.
do it mitch.
Ben Gordon can lead LA to the Finals.
Then the Cats can take the Hornets name once NOLA becomes the Pelicans and the circle will be complete.

And MJ can find comfort in his team losing meaning that Kobe doesn't get his 6th ring.
All he has to do to prevent that is have Kobe run point.

Emwitus

So Dy, what are the in n outs of supporting a team in tank mode? How do you know when the team isn't about this life? How many picks can we get for kobe? Is Morris going to develop into an all-star? Can dwight mentor hill before he moves to a contender? So many questions dy.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Two other available PGs that I have to believe Lakers will look at in addition to exploring trade options: Mike James and Jonny Flynn

BoozerOpenMouth.gif

Jonny Flynn.

Jonny Goddamn Flynn.

The Lakers could win a title this year and the season will have been a failure for being, at one point in time, linked to Jonny Flynn. The entire franchise is tainted now.

Fox318

Not to change the subject back to basketball but are the Lakers problems heightened because of the location and status of the team?

With a coaching change that brings a new offensive play scheme and with key personal injuries don't you think that its not appropriate to make major personnel moves until Nash returns?

Branduil

Not to change the subject back to basketball but are the Lakers problems heightened because of the location and status of the team?

With a coaching change that brings a new offensive play scheme and with key personal injuries don't you think that its not appropriate to make major personnel moves until Nash returns?

The Lakers already panicked once this season. Might as well keep panicking until the car drives all the way off the cliff.

charsace

Re-watching Knick game on DVR. Apparently Baron Davis was sitting near Spike Lee, this man might actually have a job for life at MSG after playing 25 or so games, throwing up alley oops and shooting the occasional ASSHOLE THREE.

Are you surprised? He has something to do with marketing and sales. Dolan treats guys really well if he thinks they will be loyal. For current and former players he is one the best owners to have because he will do what he can to help you if he feels you are on his side. Which is why JR is set for life if he doesn't fuck up.

Look at Herb Williams. Dude has been on every Knicks coaching staff since his retirement and doesn't want to leave. Because you know he is being treated real good by Dolan.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So Dy, what are the in n outs of supporting a team in tank mode? How do you know when the team isn't about this life? How many picks can we get for kobe? Is Morris going to develop into an all-star? Can dwight mentor hill before he moves to a contender? So many questions dy.

You'll barely miss the playoffs after a late run and won't get any picks at all.

Accept your fate. Resign yourself.

Top Bottom