• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

Pimpwerx

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne
Source tells http://ESPNLA.com Lakers hweighing other options at PG. Situation w/ Nash too unclear. Can’t keep waiting while they lose.

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne
Options are fairly limited, but Delonte West, Eddie House, etc. could help. Could do a small trade as well
WTF is going wrong with Nash? It's not a myth. Players leave PHX and fall apart. What amazing medical technology is the PHX staff withholding from the rest of the world? I bet they've cured cancer too. PEACE.

I think the lakers were stupid to claim Nash would be back quickly. I've never heard of breaking your leg and playing a week later. I had a hairline fracture in my ankle and it took 6 weeks to heal.

Two months sounds right for any break.

some salty ass nets fan

Iman Shumpert ‏@I_Am_Iman

“@bambambigganose: @I_Am_Iman ill look forward to your 2nd acl tear and what could have been career.” Damn...thas a diff type hate lol

damn terrible TO by noah

linsivvi

It's stupid to complain.

That's what you said about Mike Brown last season too. You were always wrong.

The Lakers are an old team. You don't run an old team. Whatever asinine argument you can come up with, you are still wrong.

And if you think people should not complain when the Lakers have a healthy Kobe and Dwight and they are losing to the likes of the Cavs, you are pretty delusional. It's silly to just sit there and wait for a miracle to happen. The coach needs to make adjustments.

I need Delonte and Artest sharing a starting lineup.

1234525508_ben_stiller_-_do_it.gif

While I imagine Moris is done writing Mitch fanfiction, can Laker people please stop generally overrating him. Everyone wants to play in LA yet they have a 100 million dollar payroll and aside from 4 of their starters the team is fucking terrible. No good young talent, no savvy veteran additions, no nothing; how the fuck does that happen when you're the Lakers?

While I imagine Moris is done writing Mitch fanfiction, can Laker people please stop generally overrating him. Everyone wants to play in LA yet they have a 100 million dollar payroll and aside from 4 of their starters the team is fucking terrible. No good young talent, no savvy veteran additions, no nothing; how the fuck does that happen when you're the Lakers?

Antawn Jamison has a high usage though.

He's got to be good.

That's what you said about Mike Brown last season too. You were always wrong.
No, I said him overplaying Kobe et al was all he could do to win or else they miss the playoffs.

I said I'd give him a chance before criticizing. Then his rotations sucked and I called him on it. Not playing Jamison and Meeks this year was fuckig dumb.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ESPNSteinLine
No firm decisions made yet but Lakers, I'm told, ARE weighing pros and cons of creating roster spot to sign Delonte West to ease PG crisis

linsivvi

No good young talent, no savvy veteran additions, no nothing; how the fuck does that happen when you're the Lakers?

No lottery pick for like forever.

Antawn Jamison is at minimum salary. That's a pretty good deal regardless of your opinion of him.

No, I said him overplaying Kobe et al was all he could do to win or else they miss the playoffs.

I said I'd give him a chance before criticizing. Then his rotations sucked and I called him on it. Not playing Jamison and Meeks this year was fuckig dumb.

Don't make me dig up your posts. You defended both him and Jim like no others.

You give a rookie coach a chance. You don't need to give a veteran coach with a terrible track record a chance. You already know he's terrible.

charsace

Lakers just have more problems than 'Antoni and no system will fix it.

1) Old
2) Shit perimeter defense.
3) Shit bench.
4) Shit defensive rotations in the paint.
5) Shit pick and roll defense.
6) Mediocre 3 point shooters.

Lakers need to slow it down and grind people out. Lakers need to play from inside out instead of outside in. THEY NEED TO GRIND.

Eh he had to trade youth to get pau and Howard and Nash. They also sold picks because of Jerry and not himself.

Ariza for cook. He drafted Bynum and Marc Gasol. Fisher for hill. Nash and Howard deals. Walton for Ramon was a good move last year. Sacre even looks like he could be in the league for a while. Even dumping Lamar was good bad was th original cp3 trade

But they've traded or sold all their picks. Some out of necessity other out of cheapness.

Don't think anyone could have done much better.

giri

Hey lakers, the suns are trying to tank, And you're only 2 games better than them.

WTF you doin down here. GTFO.

No wait, don't. Will take your pick plz.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ESPNSteinLine
One issue, of course, is Lakers have full 15-man roster. Among reasons they didn't sign D-Fish before Mavs: L.A. wanted to move one PG first

wtf mitch. you really think somebody wants duhon?

Don't make me dig up your posts. You defended both him and Jim like no others.

You give a rookie coach a chance. You don't need to give a veteran coach with a terrible track record a chance. You already know he's terrible.
I was right on buss. People here said he wouldn't trade Bynum for Howard and I said he would and I was right.

I defended brown, yes, because I was willing to give him a chance. I thought he'd be at least better than he showed but I never argued he couldn't turn out bad. I said back then and still believe mostly a coach has to get rotations right. Other than that its mostly up to the players. But brown failed that one aspect. I'm not denying I was wrong thinking he wouldn't fuck that up. I was.

I have no opinion of mda right now. I'm going to just wait. So far I'm fine with his rotations and the half court d has been fine.

ESPNSteinLine
One issue, of course, is Lakers have full 15-man roster. Among reasons they didn't sign D-Fish before Mavs: L.A. wanted to move one PG first

Gotta have a scrubby PG to make your other PGs look good, however Duhon does know the D'Antoni system. Problem is Duhon will never see the ball enough.

I'd cut Morris to bing in anyone. Bring in starbury. Just cut Morris please. Worst laker since jr Reid.

Duhon isn't the issue. It's Morris. Duhon has played as well as an average backup pg. Morris makes me miss smush

charsace

Hey lakers, the suns are trying to tank, And you're only 2 games better than them.

WTF you doin down here. GTFO.

No wait, don't. Will take your pick plz.
The best part of all of this is that the Lakers don't have a pick. They're tanking for someone else right now.

ESPNSteinLine

Mitch is used to robbing people blind. Probably thinks he can turn Dudu into Eric Bledsoe.

linsivvi

I was right on buss. People here said he wouldn't trade Bynum for Howard and I said he would and I was right.

Nobody said that. At least I didn't when you were arguing with me. People were saying Jim was meddling and terrible and you said he was fine.

Shaw wasn't even given a chance because he wanted to get rid of any trace of triangle (and Phil).

Guess what? His father stepped in and fired the coach he hand-picked.

Pringles is terrible. He's exactly the same as Mike Brown. Grossly overrated on one side of the court and completely useless on the other. Both had their initial COTY awards because of the MVP players under them.

History will just repeats itself.

Edit: I am not blaming him for not bringing in Phil, who understandably was asking for a lot. But we are in this mess mostly because of Jim.

Top Bottom