• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

You don't need a lottery pick to find good young talent.

After getting swept in 2011 what the Lakers should have been doing is trying to find guys via the draft. The draft that year was widely regarded as pretty weak yet in the 2nd round you could find rotation guys like Chandler Parsons, Lavoy Allen, E'Twaun Moore, three guys that would help the Lakers in some way. Shit, Isaiah Thomas was taken 60th.

Nobody said that. At least I didn't when you were arguing with me. People were saying Jim was meddling and terrible and you said he was fine.

Shaw wasn't even given a chance because he wanted to get rid of triangle.

Guess what? His father stepped in and fired the coach he hand-picked.

Pringles is terrible. He's exactly the same as Mike Brown. Grossly overrated on one side of the court and completely useless on the other. Both had their initial COTY awards because of the MVP players under them.

History will just repeats itself.
People were arguing that with me here, but I never mentioned you as one.

Jerry hates Phil too. I fully believe he wanted to clean house as well as Jim. Jerry ran Phil out once before. And I was th first on the hire shaw bandwagon. It is what it is.

I agree mda is overrated. But I'm convinced Phil wasn't coming back and apparently jvg can't coach Dwight so again it is what it is. Not like I can do anything about it.

Until this team is healthy there nothing worth discussing. If they still suck then then ill call mda on it if its his fault.

BoozerOpenMouth.gif

linsivvi

People were arguing that with me here, but I never mentioned you as one.

Jerry hates Phil too. I fully believe he wanted to clean house as well as Jim. Jerry ran Phil out once before. And I was th first on the hire shaw bandwagon. It is what it is.

I agree mda is overrated. But I'm convinced Phil wasn't coming back and apparently jvg can't coach Dwight so again it is what it is. Not like I can do anything about it.

Until this team is healthy there nothing worth discussing. If they still suck then then ill call mda on it if its his fault.

See, the thing is Magic was not saying he should be fired, but that he needs to change his system to fit the players. The problem is that Pringles has as much an ego as elite NBA players, and is stubborn as hell. You can't sit here and wait for Nash to come back and save you while not making adjustment to your system.

charsace

Lakers are funny as hell right now. Looks like they are gonna fire their second coach of the season and we aren't even near the half way point for games played.

This whole "Lakers lose because Kobe is scoring too much" argument is hilarious. The guy scored 42 points shooting 16/28. I'd take that every god damn night from OJ Mayo, and I wouldn't care what our record turned out. The problem is that Kobe scores more, and efficiently, when the rest of his team is failing to make anything happen.

SamuraiX-

This whole "Lakers lose because Kobe is scoring too much" argument is hilarious. The guy scored 42 points shooting 16/28. I'd take that every god damn night from OJ Mayo, and I wouldn't care what our record turned out. The problem is that Kobe scores more, and efficiently, when the rest of his team is failing to make anything happen.

Maybe there could actually be a chance of something happening if the rest of his team saw the ball more often.

I'll let you sit on that one for a sec.

Emwitus

where are them kobe defenders now? Guy chucking the lakers to a draft pick. Maybe the bobcats should trade for kobe to help them out.

pilonv1

If only there was say, one of ten statistics that showed how the Lakers perform when Kobe scores a bunch of points

Anyway it's getting better

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Two other available PGs that I have to believe Lakers will look at in addition to exploring trade options: Mike James and Jonny Flynn

Zep

Banned
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Two other available PGs that I have to believe Lakers will look at in addition to exploring trade options: Mike James and Jonny Flynn

Where's Ear Jordan when you need him?!

Maybe there could actually be a chance of something happening if the rest of his team saw the ball more often.

I'll let you sit on that one for a sec.

Kobe doesn't start the game looking to score. If you watch the games, he's trying to get his guys in the game. They fail to make anything happen, and he starts to take over. What's the point of Kobe feeding Dwight or Pau if they're going to do nothing with the ball, kick it back out and give Kobe just 6 seconds to operate?

Pimpwerx

Kobe doesn't start the game looking to score. If you watch the games, he's trying to get his guys in the game. They fail to make anything happen, and he starts to take over. What's the point of Kobe feeding Dwight or Pau if they're going to do nothing with the ball, kick it back out and give Kobe just 6 seconds to operate?

He's not a good enough playmaker. He may be trying to get his teammates involved, but he's not doing a good enough job of it, if their production remains low. Other players aren't afforded this kind of excuse when they lose. Kyrie beat Kobe with a bunch of scrubs too. He just did a better job getting his guys involved. PEACE.

Delonte West has to be willing to play for a hotel room at this point right? Send someone over there for a face to face, since his phone is probably disconnected by now

He's not a good enough playmaker. He may be trying to get his teammates involved, but he's not doing a good enough job of it, if their production remains low. Other players aren't afforded this kind of excuse when they lose. Kyrie beat Kobe with a bunch of scrubs too. He just did a better job getting his guys involved. PEACE.

So now it's because Kobe isn't good at distributing? Which is it? Scoring too much or not making enough quality passes? Not scoring doesn't = more assists and more scoring doesn't = less assists.

Baby Milo

you can't draw blood from a stone. Morris,Duhon, MWP,Meeks, Jamison are cans

be was not a playmaker during the lasf two rings either.

Pimpwerx

So now it's because Kobe isn't good at distributing? Which is it? Scoring too much or not making enough quality passes? Not scoring doesn't = more assists and more scoring doesn't = less assists.

He shoots a lot, thus not passing the ball often enough, or in places where his guys can get a good rhythm.

Watching him play, I get the sense Kobe passes the ball when he doesn't have a shot. So the passes he makes are secondary to the scoring attempt he wanted, and not an attempt to setup a teammate.

Playmakers aren't made alike, and I think it's time to stop brushing this fact off and point out that as far as playmaking is concerned, Kobe has never been elite. His teammates are in the NBA because they can play. It's his job to get them to do better while Nash is out. He's not getting it done.

That said, they're not losing because of offense. They scored 94 tonight, which isn't bad. They just gave up 100. Their defense is the reason they're losing games, and that's not gonna chance with Nash. PEACE.

Cloudy

Banned

He's not a playmaker? How come he's lead the team in assists for all but one year since he's been a starter?

Lakers problem on offense isn't Kobe not getting people involved. Problem is that Dwight is very limited offensively w/o 3pt shooters protecting him from double-teams. Also, without Nash, there is NO ONE else on the team who can create their own shot consistently.

Fact is, when the 3s don't fall, only Kobe produces...

Pimpwerx

Howard led them with 3 assists, and they had 11 as a team?

They miss Nash.

BIG TIME

At one point in the game, they had 54 points on just 5 assists. I pointed this out during the game. That screams lack of a playmaker. The offense looked more efficient in the Princeton. Ball movement looked better. PEACE.

Top Bottom