• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

Darkman M

Hardly, He was traded to the Lakers and refused to sign his extension or anything before the trade. He didn't so much pick the lakers as they picked him. Leaving after that situation is nothing.

Not really.

People had been talking about dwight leaving orlando for years because.... Orlando sucked except for Dwight. This year long audition the Lakers have to keep him isn't exactly off to a great start. Some might say, it's off to a really shitty start. Orlando farcically bad. And they don't really have any cap room to fix it.

I can totally see Dwight leaving the lakers for somewhere like the wolves, or the mavs if both those teams make really good runs in the post season. Even OKC.

Yeah he's gonna leave La for Minnesota lmao.

giri

Minnesota needs a dominate wing, even so I can't see Dwight leaving a big city like La for a small market team.

Easily.

Dwight makes a small sum of money, Enough that he can have a few houses around the US and flights for the off season.

Sota don't need a dominant wing, just solid wings.

What does it say differently than what I wrote?

Q: Can we get Pau Gasol? -- Gordon, Miami.

A: The Heat essentially would have to include Chris Bosh to make the money work, and Bosh has proven far more willing to play center than Gasol. While Mike D'Antoni might be tempted by some of the Heat's shooters, there is almost no way they could be aggregated to match Gasol's salary. Would the Lakers move Gasol? It sure is starting to look that way. But there would be other teams with pieces that would make more sense. The heart of your question comes down to which player is better for the Heat: Gasol or Bosh? At the moment, Bosh rates a clear advantage for what the Heat are trying to accomplish.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-askira,0,4255444.story

A person writing in "Can we get Pau Gasol" is not "Miami Heat interested in Gasol"

Unless you have a different article; otherwise you can thank me for linking the specific article to "Florida newspaper says"

I was just quoting what a buddy posted on my FB. Calm down dollface.

I guess we can post whatever we want now!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...on-success-with-lakers-shows-d12-will-re-sign

The Los Angeles Lakers have seen a lot from Dwight Howard in the first month of the season, but it's easy to call it a moderate success so far. That, combined with the fact that he's seen such a turnaround in attitude, has to point to Howard re-signing with the Lakers after the season.

yeah boi!!!

Redblaster was saying almost the exact same thing that Darkman is now saying.

He exercised his option because he's an idiot, not because it was some master plan.

What "master plan"? It's common sense for a guy who wants to get a full max contract. He wanted to have his cake and eat it to.

Hell the fact that last season he was pushing to join one of the worst teams in the league should tell you how much of a priority he puts on a title. Not saying he doesn't want a win a ring, but like a lot of other stars, he wants to do it on a team where he can get the most attention and fame along with it.

giri

What "master plan"? It's common sense for a guy who wants to get a full max contract. He wanted to have his cake and eat it to.

Hell the fact that last season he was pushing to join one of the worst teams in the league should tell you how much of a priority he puts on a title. Not saying he doesn't want a win a ring, but like a lot of other stars, he wants to do it on a team where he can get the most attention and fame along with it.

Brooklyn are 11 - 5.

Lakers are 8 - 9.

Dwight wanting to join Brooklyn looks like a much smarter choice.

Brooklyn are 11 - 5.

Lakers are 8 - 9.

Dwight wanting to join Brooklyn looks like a much smarter choice.

This season is irrelevant. Dwight wanted to join them whey they were just Deron and scrubs, and that team wouldn't be the same one they have now had they traded for Dwight.

I love the change of opinion here. Everyone thinks Dwight is a lying, back stabbing scum bag....until he says something that can be construed as remotely negative towards the Lakers and then everyone takes him for his word. "He really DOES care about a title!"

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dwight didn't sign the extension because he already felt like he was misled and burned by a different team that "tricked" him into staying when he wanted to go to free agency.

He has no sense of obligation to the Lakers and nor should he. If he feels some other team offers him a better chance of winning a championship and it aligns with whatever the hell his other interests are then hes getting the hell out of town. Theres obviously a good chance he stays because that team is too good to be this bad but crazier shit has happened.

I don't know why Lakers fans can't understand that. He never wanted to be in LA in the first place. It was always Brooklyn or bust.

Hey laker fans I hear your team needs a PG:
Free agent Mike Bibby said he's preparing to play basketball this season.

"I'm getting ready for any call," he said. After starting postseason games for the Knicks last season, Bibby is looking for an opportunity in 2012.

Dwight didn't sign the extension because he already felt like he was misled and burned by a different team that "tricked" him into staying when he wanted to go to free agency.

He has no sense of obligation to the Lakers and nor should he. If he feels some other team offers him a better chance of winning a championship and it aligns with whatever the hell his other interests are then hes getting the hell out of town. Theres obviously a good chance he stays because that team is too good to be this bad but crazier shit has happened.

I don't know why Lakers fans can't understand that. He never wanted to be in LA in the first place. It was always Brooklyn or bust.
This coming from someone who swore up and down that Dwight wasnt going to the Lakers in the first place. Mmhmm.

giri

This season is irrelevant. Dwight wanted to join them whey they were just Deron and scrubs, and that team wouldn't be the same one they have now had they traded for Dwight.

No, he wanted to sign on because of their off season plans and recruitment.

This year counts even more than last year in that regard.

Actually, it's the other way around. Last year was irrelevant in that decision.

And the plan was to basically have this team exactly. Except with Dwight instead of Lopez.

nobody thinks this, it's just stupid to think there is no way he leaving.

Obviously nothing is 100%, but I would be very, very surprised to see him even entertain it, if only because of the money. There's a better chance of the Lakers turning this season around and having it be moderately successful (finish in the top 4, get to the 2nd or 3rd round) than Dwight leaving money on the table to go sign outright with a rebuilding Dallas team or the Hawks.

No, he wanted to sign on because of their off season plans and recruitment.

This year counts even more than last year in that regard.

Actually, it's the other way around. Last year was irrelevant in that decision.

And the plan was to basically have this team exactly. Except with Dwight instead of Lopez.

No because they would be a very different team if Dwight had signed there. They probably wouldn't' have JJ, Brook or maybe Hump.

giri

No because they would be a very different team if Dwight had signed there. They probably wouldn't' have JJ, Brook or maybe Hump.

Hump they definitely would have, JJ i'm not sure on, but pretty sure they would have, especially since dwight would have just had lopez's max.

What would be the best ideal frontcourt in the league with today's players?

Love/(Best)Gasol?

Z-Bo/D12?

Love/(healthy)Bogust?

Griffin/Duncan?
lolololol no to Griffin

Top Bottom