• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

Jeff-DSA

Matt Bonner Appriciation Week is over.

Lets look at his accomplishments last week:

He started his first NBA game in years
Played major minutes and in OT vs. Memphis
Played in 5 games in 7 days
Shot over 50% from 3
Averaged 3 rebounds

He can go back to DNP status now.

Next week is Steve Novak Appriciation Week!

Until he looks presentable shooting a jump shot, I'm calling for more DNPs.

Branduil

Well, the Spurs had a good run...

ibsAYm1hD8PKAF.jpg

I'd say those are the only things that are at an NBA level for him right now. Everything else about his game is awful.

And Evan Turners progressiong pretty nicely right now knux.

For now. Turner has had these weeks before then he either get Doug'd or just begins sucking and thus plays like shit for a month.

Not gonna believe yet

Does Adidas employ people who are mentally challenged to design their NBA stuff? I'm pretty sure my 3 year old nephew could come up with some better color combos than the shit posted on this page.

Puddles

Banned
Yeah thats true too.

Lakers gave up 31 points to Orlando in the final 6 minutes of the game last night. Just fucking mind boggling really and a much bigger problem then Dwight not hitting free throws.

Right, but a lot of that had nothing to do with defense. The Magic hit three circus 3's in a row that would miss about 90% of the time. The odds of that happening are 0.1 x 0.1 x 0.1 = 0.001, which is extremely unlikely, but it does happen, as we saw last night. Since there are 1230 games in a season, you'd expect something like that every now and then.

Take those away, and it's still 22 points in 6 minutes, which is bad, but not as bad as 31.

"We just have to be a more dynamic team," said Mike D'Antoni. "We're slow right now. Athletically, we're struggling against young teams that just run up and down."

At least Mike D knows what the problem is.

The question is can Mitch pull off another trade?

At least Mike D knows what the problem is.

The question is can Mitch pull off another trade?

So basically D'Antoni is saying that the team isn't athletic enough for his coaching style... which is another way of saying that he and the current Lakers roster aren't a good fit for each other. If he wants younger legs, Steve Nash coming back isn't going to be the magic fix everybody (including D'Antoni) is saying it will be.

Dwight Howard came to the Los Angeles Lakers because he felt he had a better chance to win an NBA title with that team. But the Lakers stumbled out of the gate and sit at 8-9 overall, in third place in the Pacific Division behind Golden State and the Clippers. That start had Howard suggesting recently the he might be willing to leave Los Angeles if he thinks he's more likely to win a title somewhere else.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/12/3/3721530/dwight-howard-lakers-championship-magic

Brandi get ready for Dwight/Dirk

If Dwight wants to solidify his status as the biggest bitch in the league leaving the Lakers after this season would be the way to do it.

diehard

Fleer
Dwight's not going anywhere.

right.

until next year...

"So I want to do it the best that I can and I’m going to take everything in I can to get what I can out of the NBA. Which, for me, is winning a championship," Howard said. "So if I have to play on another team or do whatever I have to do to get one, that’s my goal. This is my passion, so I’ll continue to fight."

literally already talking about leaving hahaha

right.

until next year...

Because Dwight is exactly the kind of guy that will leave $25 million on the table. He had a chance to do that to go to his preferred destination (Brooklyn) and wouldn't. Why would he do it now? Clearly that extra money and year is important to him.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I know I'm late as hell, but lol at the Lakers and Kobe telling Gasol to put his big boy pants on.

Gasol has always been a whiny bitch if he doesn't get his way or struggles, how is Kobe just seeing this now.

hey, remember when people were saying the same thing about the Magic?

No. People had been talking about Dwight leaving Orlando for years.

If Dwight didn't care about the money he'd be in Brooklyn right now. He excercised his Option in hopes that it would give Orlando more time to negotiate a sign as trade with the Nets so that he could get his money.

Cipherr

Lakers had a double digit loss the the Magic at home?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=O1GMRc8U9wo#t=251s

This right here both amazes and infuriates me at the same time. Iverson has a 4 on 1 and instead of dumping it off for an easy assist, he pass fakes at the last possible moment and get an and 1. The guy was so damn talented but at the same time, you can just see that he clearly received poor/little to no coaching prior to the NBA.

Maybe firefox is just being a bitch right now, but that video is like 2 fps for me. I cannot see anything.

how do Laker people not realize by now that Dwight's a fucking idiot who has no long term career plan outside of vague "wanna win a chip"; he changes his mind every other day

it's almost as surprising as seeing hacks like Ramona Shelburne opine on Dwight being a trash foul shooter like it's some new revelation and that with practice he can magically get better

giri

If Dwight wants to solidify his status as the biggest bitch in the league leaving the Lakers after this season would be the way to do it.

Hardly, He was traded to the Lakers and refused to sign his extension or anything before the trade. He didn't so much pick the lakers as they picked him. Leaving after that situation is nothing.

It's hilarious that people are dumb enough to believe Dwight is leaving the Lakers.

Not really.

No. People had been talking about Dwight leaving Orlando for years.

Redblaster was saying almost the exact same thing that Darkman is now saying.

He exercised his option because he's an idiot, not because it was some master plan.

People had been talking about dwight leaving orlando for years because.... Orlando sucked except for Dwight. This year long audition the Lakers have to keep him isn't exactly off to a great start. Some might say, it's off to a really shitty start. Orlando farcically bad. And they don't really have any cap room to fix it.

I can totally see Dwight leaving the lakers for somewhere like the wolves, or the mavs if both those teams make really good runs in the post season. Even OKC.

Top Bottom