• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

Vahagn

Rivers is going be aiight

Going to develop into a legitimate scoring punch off the bench in a few years. Not Terry or Manu level, but mid-tier Jamal Crawford time.

He may even become a starter somewhere since the list of good SG's has no depth in the NBA

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Going to develop into a legitimate scoring punch off the bench in a few years. Not Terry or Manu level, but mid-tier Jamal Crawford time.

He may even become a starter somewhere since the list of good SG's has no depth in the NBA
Jamal is a better shooter than Manu

But his game would be closest to JET of those 3

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Being smart and playing good basketball is what Manu does, but Mal has a better jumper

I'd argue that knowing when to take a shot is part of being a good jumpshooter, too. Just cause you can make a shot with a stupid degree of difficulty 15% of the time, doesn't mean you should settle for it. Jamal does that far too often.

Blackace

I'd argue that knowing when to take a shot is part of being a good jumpshooter, too. Just cause you can make a shot with a stupid degree of difficulty 15% of the time, doesn't mean you should settle for it. Jamal does that far too often.

I wouldn't disagree that Manu is a way better basketball player.. But Mal is a shooter plain and simple. In his prime he would drop double nickels and made Wade turn to steroids.. Drop get me wrong Manu is an awesome player.. But just as a shooter Mal has a better jumper that's all I was saying.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Against the knicks yes. And dwight has been passing out of the post alot tonight...it's not like he isn't getting touches. That's why it's wrong to just look at the stats and not watch the game.
I understand your point, but he needs to take the lead, and just be aggressive.

Vahagn

This Meeks Interview. Oh my goodness. I feel like the worst team in the conference.

"We desperately needed a win"

"Maybe this game turns the tide"

"It was ugly but we got the win"

Against the Wizards

Jesus.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I wouldn't disagree that Manu is a way better basketball player.. But Mal is a shooter plain and simple. In his prime he would drop double nickels and made Wade turn to steroids.. Drop get me wrong Manu is an awesome player.. But just as a shooter Mal has a better jumper that's all I was saying.

If I was a GM and had the choice between picking Manu or Crawford based on jumpshooting ability alone, I pick Manu simply because I would value Manu's ability to take the smarter jumper that increases the likely hood of him making that shot over Crawford's "all about that life" jumpshot where he throws it up because he doesn't know any better.

In that regard, Manu's jumpshot is more valuable (because he's more likely to make the basket...) and he's a better jumpshooter overall.

Blackace

If I was a GM and had the choice between picking Manu or Crawford based on jumpshooting ability alone, I pick Manu simply because I would value Manu's ability to take the smarter jumper that increases the likely hood of him making that shot over Crawford's "all about that life" jumpshot where he throws it up because he doesn't know any better.

In that regard, Manu's jumpshot is more valuable (because he's more likely to make the basket...) and he's a better jumpshooter overall.

I would take Manu over Mal anyday of the week to be on my team, but Mal has a better jumper. I can't explain it any better than that. Manu is a better player and does almost everything better than Mal but without a doubt Mal has a better jumper..

Top Bottom