• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

It's a working assumption in front offices all over the league that the Jazz will trade Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap for a front-line point guard at some point during the next 10 weeks. For two reasons. 1. Jefferson and Millsap will be free agents in July, meaning that Utah risks losing both without compensation if they're still on the roster beyond Feb. 21. 2. Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter are the undeniable power players of the future in Utah, even though Jefferson is one of only five players this season averaging 17 and 10 -- along with Dwight Howard, David Lee, Kevin Love and Zach Randolph -- and despite Millsap's status as the most productive forward from the 2006 draft not named LaMarcus Aldridge.

Quote:
Other names that dribbled out this week as likely candidates to be dealt this trade season include Milwaukee's expiring-contract backcourt duo of Monta Ellis and Brandon Jennings, based on the premise that the Bucks, if they start drifting out of playoff contention, won't want to risk losing their smallish scorers for nothing in free agency. Also mentioned frequently is the Minnesota trio of Derrick Williams, Luke Ridnour and J.J. Barea, given that Wolves coach Rick Adelman appears to have no use for Williams and with the Wolves now boasting a surplus of point guards with Ricky Rubio poised to return from his knee tear.

The Cavs, sources say, want multiple young assets in return for the 30-year-old, who is averaging 14.3 points and 14.8 rebounds and possesses a very manageable contract that calls for Varejao to receive $9.1 million next season with a $9.8 million team option in 2014-15. The Thunder are the rare title contender also blessed with the sort of youth/stashed draft picks to appeal to Cleveland, but sources say OKC has shown little interest to date.

Varejao in OKC would be deadly.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Hey, Casey. You bother to give Ross some damn playing time and look what happens!

Bargs getting hurt is the best thing for this team. Trade Calderon next and Casey will have no choice except to give our young guys all the minutes. If we're going to be terrible, we might as well see what we have in them.

Vahagn

Remember when Mynum would get a rebound, keep it up high, and lay it up so he wouldn't get stripped... And Stu Lantz would ejaculate himself all the time bout how Bynum was fundamentally sound?

Dwight wasn't taking notes.

Cloudy

Banned
It's a working assumption in front offices all over the league that the Jazz will trade Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap for a front-line point guard at some point during the next 10 weeks.

LMAO as a Lakers fan, Mo Williams and even Randy Foye (not a PG) look like front line PGs...

Emwitus

This has been the fastest i've seen the lakers in a while....lol Figures: Sacre, Ebanks, Morris, Kobe, metta....League ain't ready lol

Brinbe

Bargs getting hurt is the best thing for this team. Trade Calderon next and Casey will have no choice except to give our young guys all the minutes. If we're going to be terrible, we might as well see what we have in them.

Agreed, and that'd force Casey to hopefully abandon his love for the two PG backcourt he trots out every game. Only problem is that I doubt Jose (and Bargs) are valued at all around the league, so I'm not expecting a trade anytime soon.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Agreed, and that'd force Casey to hopefully abandon his love for the two PG backcourt he trots out every game. Only problem is that I doubt Jose (and Bargs) are valued at all around the league, so I'm not expecting a trade anytime soon.

Calderon has been hinting he wants out and his name has been on the trading block for two seasons now. Given that he has an expiring contract, I'd be surprised if he wasn't moved because he has some value. Bargs, being hurt of course, means we're cursed to hold on to him. Even if it's just second round picks, or developmental players, I'd want to get something for Calderon. He's been a pretty stand up member of the team and a good player for a long time, but we know we're not going anywhere with him.. and he's not resigning.

SamuraiX-

5ZYge.png

I suppose if he shits up the game hard enough to the point where there's no way he drops 30, the Lakers have a chance right?

Emwitus

LOL. Man, some rookie magic going on right now. Even Sacre hit a fade away jumper lol. But atleast there giving some effort and mwp is always mwp.

Top Bottom