• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

exarkun

Didn't the Rockets admit that they got Lin to keep their appeal in the Asian market?

Noooooo. Its always what is assumed but never said. It doesn't ever make sense for that to be the case because we still have Yao associated with the organization. If there is one team in the league that already has that asian market, its us.

Also, Smokey I am disappoint. I thought you had more faith. Lin has turned it around the last three games. If they continue to let him be aggressive and the primary ball handler, I think it'll be fine. Hes had some nice dimes the few games.

Considering his minutes... its kinda something to think about
Well yea, I don't think he is anywhere near being a great pg. But actually being able to be a PG is low on the rating scale. Scoring seems to be the end-all these days, which he might be able to do. He's an amazing athelete also.

1. 1.6 per isn't absurdly high.

2. The point is moot anyway seeing as most Allstar PGs have a high TOPG.

Turnover rate/ratio isn't turnovers per game. Bledsoe's current turnover ratio is 12.2 with an assist ratio of 21.9 which is Monta Ellis/Ramon Sessions bad. Previous seasons when he attempted to dish the ball a bit more he had turnover ratios as high as 18 which was around last in the league for point guards.

He has value since he does other things well but there's no way he can run an offense.

Turnover rate/ratio isn't turnovers per game. Bledsoe's current turnover ratio is 12.2 with an assist ratio of 21.9 which is Monta Ellis/Ramon Sessions bad. Previous seasons when he attempted to dish the ball a bit more he had turnover ratios as high as 18 which was around last in the league for point guards.

He has value since he does other things well but there's no way he can run an offense.
Westbrooks' assist rate is just as bad. It's really a nonissue in today's Allstar ballot. We're also talkin about the future here.

Still better than what we have on the team. Otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion on how badly the Lakers are playng. Ok well if not him Calderon would be welcomed here.

It would be worse with bargs. What about worst player in the NBA do you not get? How can it be better by playing the worst player in the NBA?

I'd rather start 5 Fishers.

Westbrooks' assist rate is just as bad. It's really a nonissue in today's Allstar ballot. We're also talkin about the future here.

No it's not, Westbrook is criticized all the time for having narrow vision but even his assist rate is considerably higher at 26.9 and he has a lower turnover rate as well.

I just don't believe Bledsoe can be given a full starting role on a winning team, maybe if he was playing next to Lebron or something.

iwtamWHaZC8DS.gif

No it's not, Westbrook is criticized all the time for having narrow vision but even his assist rate is considerably higher at 26.9 and he has a lower turnover rate as well.

I just don't believe Bledsoe can be given a full starting role on a winning team, maybe if he was playing next to Lebron or something.
He finished last year with a 21.5 and a T/A of 3.6/5.5. Just as bad. But still, it's a nonfactor. I don't know what being on a winning team has to do with bein an Allstar.

Considering Bledsoe is in his 3rd season, making conclusions either way is rather silly.

his injuries are minor stuff. doesnt worry me like Steph Curry's ankle. is Carmelo a go for tonight?

He's sitting out.

You're telling me his injuries don't worry you? He's had a foot problem in college, a concussion, a shoulder injury, a fractured hand, a fractured finger, and now a small fracture on the left side of his jaw.

They're mad,they are just hiding it.

I'm not mad...just slightly disappoint. Team is underperforming but they're still out their 3rd 4th and 7th best players.

They're top heavy as all hell, everyone knew this.

edit: Lil Kyrie is made of refurbished glass....dude busted his hand hitting a padded wall like for real.

linsivvi

Still better than what we have on the team. Otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion on how badly the Lakers are playng. Ok well if not him Calderon would be welcomed here.

Pau on his worst day is still a few notches better than this piece of crap so how could it be better?

Flash

It would be worse with bargs. What about worst player in the NBA do you not get? How can it be better by playing the worst player in the NBA?

I'd rather start 5 Fishers.

I hate Bargnani as much as the next person but he isn't close to being the worst player in the league. He's not a franchise player/centerpiece like BC has been trying to make him out to be but I could see him settling in as a good role player and scorer.

He has a pretty good shot, moves fast and dribbles well for a 7 footer so there is definitely a unique skill set there. Put him next to Dwight Howard you'll have some pretty good floor spacing. I think he'll fit in well with what the Lakers have and what D'antoni is trying to do. Add Calderon to the mix and you have a pretty good PG tandem. D'antoni needs PGs and shooters... making this trade gives him both.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Bargs isn't even the worst player on his own team. Toronto's issue is that BC keeps treating him like he's the been in the NBA.

Yal know Mamba doesn't watch anything but Laker games.

Flash

Pau on his worst day is still a few notches better than this piece of crap so how could it be better?

Pau looks like he's on his last legs. I don't doubt he's an overall much better player than Bargnani but that doesn't make him a good 3rd/4th option. And with Dwight Howard he has been having a lot of trouble finding his place on this team. He hasn't really fit well with the starting line up and the spacing on offense has looked like crap so far.

Cue the "english isn't his first language" excuse. Lol.

linsivvi

I hate Bargnani as much as the next person but he isn't close to being the worst player in the league. He's not a franchise player/centerpiece like BC has been trying to make him out to be but I could see him settling in as a good role player and scorer.

He has a pretty good shot, moves fast and dribbles well for a 7 footer so there is definitely a unique skill set there. Put him next to Dwight Howard you'll have some pretty good floor spacing. I think he'll fit in well with what the Lakers have and what D'antoni is trying to do. Add Calderon to the mix and you have a pretty good PG tandem. D'antoni needs PGs and shooters... making this trade gives him both.

Here's a better idea: Trade Mike Antoni to the Raptors for a jar of peanut butter. Now he can work with both Calderon and Bargnani and do all those things that you said.

linsivvi

Pau looks like he's on his last legs. I don't doubt he's an overall much better player than Bargnani but that doesn't make him a good 3rd/4th option. And with Dwight Howard he has been having a lot of trouble finding his place on this team. He hasn't really fit well with the starting line up and the spacing on offense has looked like crap so far.

Pau averaged 17/10/4 last season and was pretty good in the Olympics. He might be declining but he's not on his last legs. You don't give up on a player like that because of a bad string of games. It's on the coach to find a way to work with the players and the Lakers right now have a shitty coach.

Pau on his "last legs" is still pulling 9 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 1.2 blocks. Bargnani is averaging 4 rebounds and an assist per game while shooting under 40%. As a center.

The only reason anyone wants Bargnani on the Lakers is to troll them.

Include some franchise players and I'm down to give it a shot.

Jordan Hill has more rebounds than Bargnani playing only 15 minutes per game. He'll be like a franchise player next to him and we'll give him up if you can get rid of Pringles for us.

Top Bottom