• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
lol if Toronto does this trade. They have too many guards right now. Adding Hendo to that isn't a good look at all. And the Rators don't like Ed Davis even though he has looked good to me whenever he plays.

But Toronto is dumb

anything we do will probably end up being a 3 team deal though

Age caught up to them. Paul looks done and KG isn't the same guy that could anchor a defense.

I think they're also at the age where they go through the regular season on cruise control.

Its officially RealGM official

Bobcats ready to deal Henderson - and with Diop's fatbooty expiring on the back end of that, we should be able to get something at least Ed Davis-good

If they trade Ed Davis I'm trading them.

charsace

I think they're also at the age where they go through the regular season on cruise control.

If they trade Ed Davis I'm trading them.

Maybe. Don't forget that they moved KG to the 5 because he couldn't guard the 4 anymore. Right now KG is looking slower than I've ever seen him look. Pierce looks like his age finally caught up with him. I've seen him slack on defense during the regular season, but this year he looks bad in isolation situations. And the Celtics don't seem to be getting up for big teams which they at least made an effort to do during the regular season. Rondo is keeping them a float right now and Bradley coming back will help. They still have a terrible player in Green coming off the bench though.

Bargnani is out for 1-2 months, I think LA needs to jump on him now, before the GM stampede starts. Buy now before it's too late!

Maybe. Don't forget that they moved KG to the 5 because he couldn't guard the 4 anymore. Right now KG is looking slower than I've ever seen him look. Pierce looks like his age finally caught up with him. I've seen him slack on defense during the regular season, but this year he looks bad in isolation situations. And the Celtics don't seem to be getting up for big teams which they at least made an effort to do during the regular season. Rondo is keeping them a float right now and Bradley coming back will help. They still have a terrible player in Green coming off the bench though.

Don't get me wrong, those motherfuckers are old. They can't keep doing it forever. But I also think they'll still be a tough out for anybody in the playoffs, I don't think they're really a 7 seed.

We have to give Aaron Gray more minutes. We can't let Ed Davis interfere.

I didn't see the game, but looking at the box score I can't believe they only gave him 23 minutes after the Brooklyn game. I don't know if the guy carries himself like a dickhead behind the scenes or what, it makes no sense.

Piecake

What I really want to see is Shved and Ricky in the same backcourt.

Pek/someone please
Love/Dante
AK/Bud
Shved/Bud
Rubio/Barea

Is definitely what i want to see out there at the end of games. And yea, it will be nice to see the passing of Rubio and Shved, and actually see some length in our backcourt. I will not miss seeing Ridnour trying to guard SGs to close out games (Im sure that will still happen in the game until bud gets back and we trade Ridnour and Williams)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I didn't see the game, but looking at the box score I can't believe they only gave him 23 minutes after the Brooklyn game. I don't know if the guy carries himself like a dickhead behind the scenes or what, it makes no sense.

Complaints about him in previous seasons were about his lack of commitment, and actually wanting to play basketball. This season though, he seems to be more aggressive.. not moving like he's stuck in mud. Not sure why they wouldn't give him more minutes.. or Valanciunas, for that matter. Even if they're stinking it up, our other options are not any better and we might as well see what they can do with extended playing time.

Casey's playtime distribution has been insane. Pietrus who is shooting 35% from the field and is chucking up 10 shots per game (mostly badly missed 3s) receives 30 minutes per game. Since you're getting similar production from Ross, why are you only playing him half those minutes? Pietrus was just brought on to be another body on the roster because of injuries.. so you might as well play Ross.

It's not like playing the young guys are going to hurt their tank job. Of course, now that the media has finally turned on BC, the Raptors might be trying to back away from their total tank. Too bad they don't have a roster that can win 30 games, even when completely healthy.

Raptors just need to keep tanking until they have a team full of first round draft picks.

They need to fire Colangelo. In Toronto he's made very poor decisions in the draft, and most of his trades have been break even.. or loses. Every move the last few years has seemingly dug him a deeper hole.

Brinbe

Raptors just need to keep tanking until they have a team full of first round draft picks.

What? We already have that. There's Primo Pasta Boy/Ross/DeRozan/Davis/Val+whoever we grab this year. Is six not enough? The problem, as everyone as already explained, is that Colangelo is horrible. He's capped us out with stupid contracts to awful players and has continually wasted assets and coddled terrible players like Bargnani and Calderon. Just look at his return for Bosh compared to pretty much every other star that has left in recent times.

That BC got extended AFTER he allowed that to happen and after the Turk disaster is a travesty only made possible by the clownish and inept upper management @ MLSE.

Though I will say, tanking absolutely everything for Wiggins is the only near-term hope for this sad franchise. Though I already know we'll fuck that up and finish 9th in the East, because that's what Toronto teams do best.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
What? We already have that. There's Primo Pasta Boy/Ross/DeRozan/Davis/Val+whoever we grab this year. The problem, as everyone as already explained, is that Colangelo is horrible. He's capped us out with stupid contracts to awful players and has continually wasted assets and coddled terrible players like Bargnani and Calderon. Just look at his return for Bosh compared to pretty much every other star that has left in recent times.

That BC got extended AFTER he allowed that to happen and after the Turk disaster is a travesty only made possible by the clownish and inept upper management @ MLSE.

Amazingly, it looks like attendance is up this year. Raptors always do fairly well at the gate, since there's a pretty big group of really die hard fans in the city. And as long as they keep selling tickets and merchandise, I wonder if MLSE will give a shit. At least the media is not buying in this season. Doug Smith seems to be the only writer not wanting blood.

ZZMitch

Amazingly, it looks like attendance is up this year. Raptors always do fairly well at the gate, since there's a pretty big group of really die hard fans in the city. And as long as they keep selling tickets and merchandise, I wonder if MLSE will give a shit. At least the media is not buying in this season. Doug Smith seems to be the only writer not wanting blood.

Raptors do sell a lot of tickets... NHL lock out probably helping this year as well.

Barrage

No hockey. But in terms of interest of the city, the Jays (by making moves to make an actual competive squad) are so far beyond the Raptors it's insane.

At this point I don't care what Toronto gets for Bargs/Calderon, just make the move to get some fresh blood in the organization (and fire Colangelo). I can't even be invested in the tank properly because unless we're this shit all season (possible), OKC is taking our pick.

They need to fire Colangelo. In Toronto he's made very poor decisions in the draft, and most of his trades have been break even.. or loses. Every move the last few years has seemingly dug him a deeper hole.

Actually, I think he's been a strong drafter overall. He doesn't always get the best player available, but he almost never whiffs either. There are very few GMs you can say that about.

Since coming to Toronto, these are his first round picks:

Bargnani
DeRozan
Davis
Valanciunas
Ross

Every one of those guys can play. I don't even fault him for drafting Bargnani, nobody did at the time. He looked like a great prospect in Italy with a rare skill set. I just fault him for sticking with him once it was obvious what he really was.

Ninja Scooter said:
He's trash. No thanks. I'd rather have Beasley.

As a guy who's spent years ragging on Bargs - no you wouldn't. He's a mope but he doesn't have the attitude or drug problems Beasley does, and he has more talent and size. Beasley will be lucky to still be the league next year.

Barrage said:
At this point I don't care what Toronto gets for Bargs/Calderon, just make the move to get some fresh blood in the organization (and fire Colangelo). I can't even be invested in the tank properly because unless we're this shit all season (possible), OKC is taking our pick.

I think last night is a sign that they're still trying to win. Playing vets, limiting young guys.

I think these idiots will proudly be handing over the 6th pick in the spring while talking about all their great development this season.

Hindsight is everything.

Too many people were defending Landry 'MattBarnes Lite' Fields back then.
I'm more condemning the fact that the Knicks were starting Billy "Knucklehead" Walker. Fields actually hadn't turned into complete garbage yet.

Keep in mind, Fields had some great moments with Lin on the court.

giri

As a guy who's spent years ragging on Bargs - no you wouldn't. He's a mope but he doesn't have the attitude or drug problems Beasley does, and he has more talent and size. Beasley will be lucky to still be the league next year.

Beasley got a 2 year deal from the suns.

He'll be in the league next year.

The Lakers do not want him nor will ever want him.

He is also the worst player in the NBA. People need to stop mentioning him.

Gotta be better than whats going on right now.. And no its not the coaches fault.. Most of these players are playing like Pig Miller, Terry Teagle status..Feels like I'm watching the 03-04 and 93-94 seasons combined...Sad

Gotta be better than whats going on right now.. And no its not the coaches fault.. Most of these players are playing like Pig Miller, Terry Teagle status..Feels like I'm watching the 03-04 and 93-94 seasons combined...Sad

How can it be better? He's the worst player in the NBA. I'd rather have Howard play PG.

shira

Bargnani
DeRozan
Davis
Valanciunas
Ross

Every one of those guys can play.
I would say not. They are nice pieces but they are all 1 dimensional players who desperately need a decent 2nd or 3rd skill.

BC also handcuffed by only drafting/recruiting guys that will play in Canada.

Top Bottom