• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

charsace

Considering his minutes... its kinda something to think about

Bledsoe doesn't need to be a great pg in the classical sense. Westbrook isn't a great pg, but he's a great player because he can get into the lane and put pressure on teams, even if he's a bad finisher at the basket.

Amare's rebounding troubles are overblown. He's an average rebounder and a good offensive rebounder.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Bledsoe doesn't need to be a great pg in the classical sense. Westbrook isn't a great pg, but he's a great player because he can get into the lane and put pressure on teams, even if he's a bad finisher at the basket.

Westbrook is an athletic freak. You really can't compare guys to him like "all he has to do is be like Westbrook" because if YNB was only a step lower on the physical gifts totem pole, then he'd be much, much more laughed at.

Bargs isn't even the worst player on his own team. Toronto's issue is that BC keeps treating him like he's the been in the NBA.

Yal know Mamba doesn't watch anything but Laker games.

Not true, I watch entirely too much basketball. Almost all the TNT games and any good NBATV/ESPN games (and ABC of course) and I watch quite a few Clipper games (even when they were terrible).

Bargs is a 7 footer who:

A. Doesn't rebound
B. one of, if not, worst defensive big men especially in help D
C. is not a distributor
D. is not an efficient scorer
E. Makes the team worse in every respect every time he's out on the floor.

Anyone with a worse combo than that? At the very least, if you do find someone, he isn't making $10 million a year.

Lakers have like 4 players on their own roster worse than Garbageani

the only case could be made for Morris. But Morris can hit the 3 ball when open and does play decent man pressure D. So he has some skill, albeit not NBA quality skill.

Bargnani is basically Antawn Jamison (as in, a player that only tanking teams should have on their roster) so I'm not sure why the Lakers are so interested.

They aren't interested, it's some fans. Also, Jamison (who isn't a good player) is still a lot better than Bargs.

Westbrook is an athletic freak. You really can't compare guys to him like "all he has to do is be like Westbrook" because if YNB was only a step lower on the physical gifts totem pole, then he'd be much, much more laughed at.

If he was a step slower, perhaps he'd have learned to play smarter?

CHANGE ONE THING AND YOU CHANGE IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bledsoe aint that far behind him athletically.

Bledsoe doesn't have the power, though.

It's unfortunate the Clippers will lose Bledsoe since there's no way they can afford him. He'll be traded in the offseason or midseason next year the same way George Hill was traded by the Spurs.

I don't mean that as a troll, btw. I really mean it's unfortunate they have to lose him since I doubt Sterling will pay a heavy tax and he's going to get paid.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Bargs is only that bad when you look at his contract lol

He's basically super-mully

And Bledsoe doesn't have the size or strength of YNB. He's another Dooling right now - he's really gifted physically, but he simply doesn't have enough to be the kind of player that can completely rely on that.

I don't really see any differences between Bargnani and Jamison right now other than Bargnani being more talented and thus more of an underachiever currently. They're both just shooters who can't shoot who don't play defense or like basketball.

Emwitus

If lakers/Celtics go down in fumes this season.....i'm jumping on the rubio ship. All engines go for tonight!! Flag on the ready.

Bledsoe may not be a good decision maker, but he can really defend and he's becoming a good scorer. I think he can be a very good starting PG.

Lakers want Kevin Love or Josh Smith...

if..

Pau can't turn it around.

That's right, if Pau can't turn it around, those teams will trade their star player for a declining center (who is a terrible fit for their teams) who was given up on.

I don't really see any differences between Bargnani and Jamison right now other than Bargnani being more talented and thus more of an underachiever currently. They're both just shooters who can't shoot who don't play defense or like basketball.

Jamison this year versus Bargs best (or close 2nd best) year.

qx1MW.png

Bargs best is still not as good as 37 yo Jamison. Jamison, by nearly every non-defensive metric, is average. I agree that with a better analysis of defense Jamison is not actually average, of course. But Bargs has never been anything but below average in his best season and by a lot.

Right now he is fucking trash. Bargs has a WS of .007 and TS% below 49% and a 7.7% rebound rate. Don't quite a few advanced metrics put Bargs routinely in the bottom 5 (except PER)?

At the very least, Jamison can rebound the ball much better than Bargs.

Again, making me defend Jamison here is stupid. He a mediocre player but he ain't Bargs.

KingJ2002

As crazy as it sounds.

Things are being setup for another Laker blockbuster move...

don't be surprised if it happens... Pau looks like he's on a decline because he's playing out of his position. Put him in the right system and you'll get the Olympian showing up.

GM's know that... and Mitch's phone is blowing up because of it

As crazy as it sounds.

don't be surprised if it happens... Pau looks like he's on a decline because he's playing out of his position. Put him in the right system and you'll get the Olympian showing up.

The Hawks are going to kill the cap space they trade away to Joe to create to trade a player better than Pau for Pau despite the fact that Pau is the exact same player as Al Horford and thus a terrible fit?

And Pau would still start at PF if he was traded for Love (which he won't be)

As crazy as it sounds.

cause every team wants a 19 million dollar PF who shoots 42% from the field

The Hawks are going to kill the cap space they trade away to Joe to create to trade a player better than Pau for Pau despite the fact that Pau is the exact same player as Al Horford and thus a terrible fit?

And Pau would still start at PF if he was traded for Love (which he won't be)

Nah, Lakers are trading Pau + Blake for Love + Pek. opens up C spot for Pau in minny.

Top Bottom