• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

Clippers will be 61-32 since the CP3 trade.

Yeah it's a pretty amazing turnaround. I was pretty worried about their future after they kept VDN and let Olshey leave. I was also skeptical about getting rid of Mo Williams, Reggie Evans, and Nick Young. As it turns out, their offseason moves actually made the team significantly better, as it lead to a huge bench upgrade. I'm still skeptical of VDN, but the on-court leadership seems to be good enough to make up for it so far. Hopefully that will carry over to the playoffs.

Yeah it's a pretty amazing turnaround. I was pretty worried about their future after they kept VDN and let Olshey leave. I was also skeptical about getting rid of Mo Williams, Reggie Evans, and Nick Young. As it turns out, their offseason moves actually made the team significantly better, as it lead to a huge bench upgrade. I'm still skeptical of VDN, but the on-court leadership seems to be good enough to make up for it so far. Hopefully that will carry over to the playoffs.
if you guys don't make the WCF, CP3 is coming to the heat.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I already know what you're talking about, I don't want to watch it again, and I wouldn't say it's racist, they've just got a target audience in mind!

So you're saying they know that Dy uses league pass?

Bron, Bosh, and wade are all Max contracts right?
Paul will get paid dirt and he'll like it!
coaches-pat-riley.jpg

I know it's fashionable to troll the East and the Knicks and I've been doing this for years but I do think they are legit this year. Having Kidd there helps a lot.

Not saying they have a good chance of beating the Heat but all you need is a couple games where everyone playing out of their mind. It happens in the playoffs.

yep, just ask the Spurs when Ibaka and that tub of fuck Perkins shot perfect from the field in game 5. bestgaf was sure that the Spurs would win that series, well after OKC tied it up 2-2. I think there was one guy who rightly predicted theyd get backswept.

Bron, Bosh, and wade are all Max contracts right?

Edit: I'm pretty sure he just spent 10 million on a house in LA too, I genuinly believe he loves it there now.

hes using his upcoming free agency as leverage to get what he wants the Clippers. and thats smart, because the Clippers are a dodgy organization. theyre better off with CP3 and his main man Chauncey running shit than Donald Sterling and whoever they have as a GM.
I think Lamar Odom playing himself into shape will be big for them,same with healthy Hill and Billups. Not because theyd be huge impact players at this point of careers, but for their leadership and experience.

That was slick win by the Knicks. Played lifeless for most of the game but still won #knickstape

Also people need to ease up with dat sodium.

That was slick win by the Knicks. Played lifeless for most of the game but still won #knickstape

Also people need to ease up with dat sodium.
wat. That was anything but a slick win.

there were bad calls on both sides but you can't tell me the refs didn't lose the game for the twolves. Pek got hammered so many times down the stretch, when it really mattered. It's a win regardless, but nothing to brag about.

Slick in the sense they got away with one. They were playing catch up the entire game, getting into it with the refs and getting owned by Pek until the the 4th. Should've been a L.

wat. That was anything but a slick win.

there were bad calls on both sides but you can't tell me the refs didn't lose the game for the twolves. Pek got hammered so many times down the stretch, when it really mattered. It's a win regardless, but nothing to brag about.

of course you are going to say that lol,you always want knicks to lose. Also melo didn't get many calls so its fair.wolves had their chances with knicks getting techs and turnovers.

Slick in the sense they got away with one. They were playing catch up the entire game, getting into it with the refs and getting owned by Pek until the the 4th. Should've been a L.
oh, first time I've heard someone use slick in that way. In that case, yeah.

of course you are going to say that lol,you always want knicks to lose. Also melo didn't get many calls so its fair.wolves had their chances with knicks getting techs and turnovers.
nah man i love da knicks.they are so beast.

In other news. Lebron says that he'll never do the dunk contest.

LeBron James has closed the door. He'll never participate in an NBA dunk contest.

Royce Young of CBS Sports writes:

"No,'' said James, 27. "It's over with. I'm getting too old... It's a taxing season. A lot of stars play a lot of the bulk of the minutes. So they got to protect their body and understand that they got to do what's best for them."

From lame gimmicks to dull repetition, the dunk contest has been slowly dying. Jeremy Evans and Chase Budinger generated little excitement last year, but even with big names such as Blake Griffin in 2011, who should have had dunk fans exploding with anticipation, the contest was turned into car commercial and, in effect, ruined. James' confirmed future absence may only speed along that dying process.

Kevin Durant recognized the event's demise last year, tweeting, "It's time for LeBron James, Mr. Westbrook, Mr. Rose and Dwyane Wade to get in the Dunk Contest."

James will not listen to Durant's request, but he did admit that at one point in time, he was interested in the contest. However, the threat of injury or further injury always held him back.

"There were times when I wanted to do it. But I came into All-Star Weekend a few times banged up, and I didn't want to risk further injury."

With this news, NBA historians are now certain to point to one thing: Michael Jordan won a dunk contest. LeBron James never did.

Top Bottom