• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

Truphenom

Good win. Wish the Knicks could handle being screwed by the refs the way the Wolves did. It's like they're making up for Sheed's absence.

Omega

Banned
Rubio came back in 9 months, but Rose can't come back in 12?

correct me if I'm wrong but Rubio got injured way before Rose and was expected to come back around January.

Rose isn't expected to come back until March or so which is pretty much the end of the season. They would have to ease him back in and not have him play 35mpg, and even when he starts playing 35mpg he might still be rusty after sitting out for so long.

too many players come back early from injury and it just ends up backfiring. i just don't think they should even bother.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Good win. Wish the Knicks could handle being screwed by the refs the way the Wolves did. It's like they're making up for Sheed's absence.

Definitely. They need to compose themselves. Doesn't help that Woodson can't keep himself calm, either though.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
correct me if I'm wrong but Rubio got injured way before Rose and was expected to come back around January.

Rose isn't expected to come back until March or so which is pretty much the end of the season. They would have to ease him back in and not have him play 35mpg, and even when he starts playing 35mpg he might still be rusty after sitting out for so long.

too many players come back early from injury and it just ends up backfiring. i just don't think they should even bother.

Thibodeu would have him play 35mpg right off the bat, then ramp him up to 42mpg.

Definitely. They need to compose themselves. Doesn't help that Woodson can't keep himself calm, either though.

Yeah. Two games in a row woody got techs. Terrible example to set.

He needs to rein the team back in. Losing their cool far far too often

Barea got totally mauled on that possession right after the tech, too. Really bad officiating down the stretch.

It was shit all night both ways.

giri

Rubio's injury was no where near as bad as roses, iirc, too.

Bulls should have tanked this season. But their ownership is Sarver level Stingy and just couldn't let that happen. Or used it developing guys and better offense. instead of what ever it is they're currently doing.

Pimpwerx

SHVED!!!

LOL! Game, blouses. Adelman is hilarious. He should be yelling at himself. Manage your star's minutes better. I'm no NBA coach, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to play the last 6:56 of a close game without my best offensive player. Especially when his replacement is vanilla, whitebread, career scrub Luke Ridnour. PEACE.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I like how there was much more contact on that shved 3 at the end than the melo fadeaway a few possessions earlier, yet no call on the shved 3 but melo gets bailed out.

Fuck these refs. The wolves' offense was shit all 2nd half long, but there were probably 15-20 free throws worth of no-calls that went in the knicks' favorr, and 6-8 free throws the knicks were gifted.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Wolves still didn't execute down the stretch. There was like 3 or 4 possessions in a row there with a lot of standing around and long jump shots. It sucks, but whatever.

Hopefully Rubio's minutes get bumped for Wednesday.

Gotta love Ridnour's half court offense of "hold the ball until 10 seconds left on the shot clock without doing anything, and don't direct anyone"

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
It was shit all night both ways.

Thats a typical comment, but it wasnt. 2 minutes left in the game and the commentary said the wolves wouldnt get a call for the rest of the night ... and they didnt.

Refs didnt want to deal with the crowd, and did their part so that they wouldnt have to. Its pretty clear. After living in Utah for 4 years and watching the Jazz play there, I can tell when the refs play in your favor ;)

linsivvi

We play the Lakers on christmas? Would rather the Celtics, Heat, or Nets. Knicks/Lakers doesn't scream christmas match up to me.

It's gonna be a lackluster game. Noon tip off on Christmas Day. In LA.

There's no way the players won't have hangovers from the night before.

Al Jefferson's jumpshot is good, but I'm not sure if he should be settling for it all the time and he's done that for most of the season it seems like.

Kind of weird how some people still consider him this pure center when he plays like Joe Johnson a lot of the time.

Truphenom

It's gonna be a lackluster game. Noon tip off on Christmas Day. In LA.

There's no way the players won't have hangovers from the night before.

Lol exactly what im thinking. It's gonna be some lackluster janky D league all star game filled with smiles on the court.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
We play the Lakers on christmas? Would rather the Celtics, Heat, or Nets. Knicks/Lakers doesn't scream christmas match up to me.

ibh9JUJmOdXWuQ.jpg

Thats a typical comment, but it wasnt. 2 minutes left in the game and the commentary said the wolves wouldnt get a call for the rest of the night ... and they didnt.

Refs didnt want to deal with the crowd, and did their part so that they wouldnt have to. Its pretty clear. After living in Utah for 4 years and watching the Jazz play there, I can tell when the refs play in your favor ;)

not really. there was only one foul that was clearly missed but all the other so-called no calls also werent called when it was knicks being fouled. refs were bad for both teams but knicks made more buckets at the end of the night.

If guys don't show up we may not win this one. Nash is back and they are feeling good about themselves recently.

plus theyre gonna want revenge on their home court. its gonna be a lot tougher but i would like to be wrong.

Return of Amare!

Hahahahahahaha.

I'll eat a hat if he puts up 20+

oh shit i totally forgot. hope he comes back with a fury and smashes rims, not extinguishers.

linsivvi

Al Jefferson's jumpshot is good, but I'm not sure if he should be settling for it all the time and he's done that for most of the season it seems like.

Kind of weird how some people still consider him this pure center when he plays like Joe Johnson a lot of the time.

A role model for DMC.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
not really. there was only one foul that was clearly missed but all the other so-called no calls also werent called when it was knicks being fouled. refs were bad for both teams but knicks made more buckets at the end of the night.

Are you serious? lol

Pek was getting completely mugged. If he had any emotion at all, he might have killed someone. That last 7 possessions by the Wolves were met with blindfolded refs. If you're gonna talk about refs, at least mention both sides.

Knicks ftw!!! hahahahah haters what now?

This is basically you but after Knicks games now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxtgPjgZwPw

Also I was thrilled to see the "who gives a fuck it's December" army out at full force today

I respect the Knicks and think they could get hot against us but you could sweep us in the regular season and I wouldn't give a fuck. the playoffs are always different and I'm of the mindset that anything can happen, just that some things are extremely unlikely to happen but could

plus theyre gonna want revenge on their home court. its gonna be a lot tougher but i would like to be wrong.

oh shit i totally forgot. hope he comes back with a fury and smashes rims, not extinguishers.

They still don't play D and Kobe is going to Kome.

AlphaSnake

Anybody wanna venture some friendly bets and guesses on Amare's return?

I say:

6 Points
2 Rebounds
15 Minutes

wally is right about the lack of communication in the defense. when sheed is in, dude is yelling like crazy barking orders. team needs his presence on the floor

Are you serious? lol

Pek was getting completely mugged. If he had any emotion at all, he might have killed someone. That last 7 possessions by the Wolves were met with blindfolded refs. If you're gonna talk about refs, at least mention both sides.

Pek was killing Chandler the whole first half and did a better job on Pek the second half.

AlphaSnake

wally is right about the lack of communication in the defense. when sheed is in, dude is yelling like crazy barking orders. team needs his presence on the floor

Chandler's presence on the defensive end has gone soft. Straight up soft. I know he tries to play it off like he's some demon possessed player, but he's soft. Not quite Pau pussy level soft, but soft. He gets upset because he thinks he's better than he actually is. The team works way too hard to make things happen for him lately and it's pissing me off.

He was fine to start the season's first...10, 15 games maybe? Now? Double quilted toiler paper soft.

Are you serious? lol

...ive been saying that and its even on the bit you quoted. the notion that refs were being one sided is total bullshit. they were garbage pure and simple to both teams but in the last 2 minutes knicks made one more 3 than the wolves that put them over.

Top Bottom