• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

Keith Smart was trying to run the triangle on a whim this year lol

That entire team zones him out - the only person vocally telling him that he's an idiot is DMC. DMC's biggest problem is that he's always that guy. He was right about Tyreke, he was right about Westphal, he was right about the FO, and he was right about the ownership. He's not wrong. He's just immature as fuck.

But the biggest problem on the Kings is Cousins' defense.

A center that doesn't play any defense shouldn't be able to call out teammates.

Pimpwerx

funniest part is pimp trying to scam us into thinking that Mike Miller can play point guard

In a pinch, he can handle pg duties. He does it for us. It's just so that you don't have Kobe forced to bring the ball up and initiate the offense when Nash is injured. Miller is more than functional in that regard...moreso than the rest of the current Lakers roster. Besides, the backup point would be more Jimmer's job than Miller's in that trade anyway.

I was trying to address the needs of the different teams. All we have to offer are shooters, and that's why LA came to mind first. We'll need help getting DMC in any trade, so I figured the Lakeshow would love the idea of getting 2 40% shooters to replace the bricklayers on their squad. SMH. Pearls before swine. PEACE.

linsivvi

no, wrong. A bad front office doesn't make you shoot 40% from the field when you are a 7 footer. LeBron had a shoddy, incompetent FO but that didn't prevent him from beasting. DMC is just looking for others to blame for his shit play.

A bad front office also doesn't make you do dumb shit like confronting a broadcaster. And yet some people defend him.

I'd like to see him confront Bill Walton too because his comment was way more incendiary.

A bad front office also doesn't make you do dumb shit like confronting a broadcaster. And yet some people defend him.

I'd like to see him confront Bill Walton too because his comment was way more incendiary.

Bill Walton will mind fuck DMC before he even knew what hit him. DMC ain't about that life. He's just a crybaby.

Howard was very quiet with four-for-eight shooting, though Lakers Coach Mike D'Antoni envisioned his game picking up via high-percentage pick-and-rolls and easy transition baskets.

"We want to expand Dwight's game. We want him to become a complete player," D'Antoni said. "He can be. He's a very talented guy. With Steve, as soon as they develop a relationship and understand what they can do, they'll be great."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baske...ampaign=Feed:+latimes/sports/basketball/nba%2

There is no expanding of Dwight's game.

Darkman M

I cant believe there are some people that are defending DMC's shit in Sacramento. yeah the Kings are a crap organization, but so what? You think if KD or Kyrie were in Sactown they'd automatically turn into fuck ups? No, they'd still be getting theirs. DMC has no excuses. He's just an immature punk who's best case scenario is that he eventually gets it, like Z-Bo, in a few years.

That's an insult to Z-BO i cant see cousins ever being that good.

That entire roster is unable to play defense

Yes, but he's playing the most important defensive position while arguably being the worst at defending. A center should be focused on defense first before calling out his teammates. Calling out teammates for offensive issues when you're allowing layup after layup on the other end is insane. A player that wants to lead to do things to try and win games instead of just complaining about the issues of everyone else.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=btopabl

I probably do this trade with the Kings:

Beal, Nene, Crawford for Cousins, Reke , Garcia.

Seems like a fair deal. Beal has high upside to replace what you lost in Reke who just wasn't working out, Nene is basically Cousins minus cancer. Crawford? Well...he's talented.

As for the Wiz, we kind of lose out on paper but I'm banking on upside. Hoping that Wall can put a leash on Cousins like he did at Kentucky. They have pretty amazing chemistry together.

Reke? See if he works and just let him go if not.

The deal is basically just us trading Beals upside for Cousins' and bailing on the Nene trade.

I'm just hoping we get Bazz, and then if the shit sucks we at least have a shot at an SF in Jabari/Wiggins the next season.

I don't have any faith in Beal. He's living off of his form. I don't think he can shoot. He's been shooting bad his entire college/nba career thus far. At some point you're just kidding yourself.

Gotta have the right mind set to be great in this League, he's headed toward being another jr ryder.

Yeah but that's why i said "best case scenario". Maybe it will take him a few years, he'll grow up, mature, realize what an opportunity he has and what a fuck-up he's been and turn things around. But that is the "best case scenario", not the most likely. He's not doing himself any favors and is making his career harder than it needs to be. But that's all on him.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yes, but he's playing the most important defensive position while arguably being the worst at defending. A center should be focused on defense first before calling out his teammates. Calling out teammates for offensive issues when you're allowing layup after layup on the other end is insane. A player that wants to lead to do things to try and win games instead of just complaining about the issues of everyone else.

And for an immature guy, that's exactly what leadership looks like.

Everyone else is just going through the motions accepting the taint while he's the only one willing to flip a table over it. Can't wait til they ship him out. And Thomas Robinson and Jimmer and Isiah. The rest of that team can go to China.

Pimpwerx

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=btopabl

I probably do this trade with the Kings:

Beal, Nene, Crawford for Cousins, Reke , Garcia.

Seems like a fair deal. Beal has high upside to replace what you lost in Reke who just wasn't working out, Nene is basically Cousins minus cancer. Crawford? Well...he's talented.

As for the Wiz, we kind of lose out on paper but I'm banking on upside. Hoping that Wall can put a leash on Cousins like he did at Kentucky. They have pretty amazing chemistry together.

Reke? See if he works and just let him go if not.

The deal is basically just us trading Beals upside for Cousins' and bailing on the Nene trade.

I'm just hoping we get Bazz, and then if the shit sucks we at least have a shot at an SF in Jabari/Wiggins the next season.

I don't have any faith in Beal. He's living off of his form. I don't think he can shoot. He's been shooting bad his entire college/nba career thus far. At some point you're just kidding yourself.

Why the hell would Washington want to bring on a knucklehead and locker room cancer like DMC when they just finished purging their roster last season? I can't see any team with an immature roster taking him. He's gotta go somewhere with veteran leadership and a strong coaching presence. PEACE.

DY_nasty

Why the hell would Washington want to bring on a knucklehead and locker room cancer like DMC when they just finished purging their roster last season? I can't see any team with an immature roster taking him. He's gotta go somewhere with veteran leadership and a strong coaching presence. PEACE.

Pimpwerx approval rating skyrocketing

I can't believe Washington is talking about giving up on anyone after how much Seraphim has improved. If Beal didn't have to live with Crawford and AJ Price, then maybe he could do what he was brought in to do (play some damned good intelligent ball) and grow from there. Instead, the guy is getting mindfucked and blamed at the same time on some DJ Augustin shit.

Wall and Reke in the same backcourt?

bert_ultimate.gif

Don't try and pretend you didn't write that. The mere fact that you were reading something from Ira tells more about your bad hoops judgement than mine, my friend. Realtalk. PEACE.

Ira Winderman is as much a staple of Heat history as Eric Reid and Rony Seikaly, you traitor

I bet you hate Coach Tony and are a Jorge Sedano fan too

thekad

Banned
The Rockets will take Cousins. I'd say he is worth the risk for the potential of a */Harden/Parsons/Cousins/Asik lineup.

Scary that he hasn't improved at all in his third year, though, and maybe regressed.

[ig]http://thatsenuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Lin-leaves-NY.jpg[/img]

edit: Cousins needs to play for a coach that could fuck him up in a fight. It's the ony chance he has.
popovich?

BTW, Harden is at 25.6/5.4/4.4 with a 60%TS. I think he's pretty easily a Top 15 player now.
He's been consistently playing great since the second rox beatdown on the knicks. he entire squad is playing better. They're starting to get some chemistry going.

Cloudy

Banned
Magic fans, what do you think about Nikola Vucevic? I've only seen the Magic once this year and he looked great against LA.

He seems legit if you just look at stats and game logs. 10 and 10 even though he wasn't getting big minutes to start the year

DY_nasty

Charlotte will take DMC off their hands. All they have to do is thrown in Jimmer.

Pimpwerx

LeBron goes hard on D and he's a front court player now. Theres no way that just happens. Sorry.

He's been coasting on defense this year. Not getting torched or anything, but he's not been tasked with any difficult defensive assignments in the last few weeks. Who's he been guarding that would force him to foul? Josh Smith is the only guy in the last 6 games, and he's turned into something of a jumpshooter. Plus, Battier helped share the load there.

James has been conserving energy and trying to avoid a lot of physical play. Both offensively and defensively. He admitted as much in his comments about the dunk contest. PEACE.

thekad

Banned
Actually, I was wrong. Lebron's career avg is 1.9, but he averaged 1.5 fouls last year. He's averaging 1.3 this year.

Melo has a career 3pt% of 33%. He shot 33% last season. This season, he's shooting 44%. Obviously, there's no way that just happens.

SamuraiX-

Kings Reinstate DeMarcus Cousins

NBA.com said:
Sacramento, Dec. 24, 2012 - The Sacramento Kings reinstated center DeMarcus Cousins, effective immediately. Cousins practiced with the team in Sacramento today.

Cousins, currently in his third NBA season, is averaging a team-high 16.6 points (.414 FGs, .200 3FGs, .769 FTs), 9.5 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 1.35 steals per game through 23 contests.

Oh, joy.

Top Bottom