• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Remember folks, the Nuggets offered Melo to the Bulls in a trade for Deng and Noah, but the Bulls said no, because Noah was off limits. Instead, they kept Noah, got rid of Asik, and now look at how things have turned out.

I said they should have made the Melo deal, because they had an insurance policy in Asik. I hate to say I told you so, but uhhhhhhh, lol.

thekad

Banned
Remember folks, the Nuggets offered Melo to the Bulls in a trade for Deng and Noah, but the Bulls said no, because Noah was off limits. Instead, they kept Noah, got rid of Asik, and now look at how things have turned out.

I said they should have made the Melo deal, because they had an insurance policy in Asik. I hate to say I told you so, but uhhhhhhh, lol.

Rose
Lee
Melo
Boozer
Asik

Too much money.

I don't think it's been that long since you thought the Bulls would be insane to keep Asik and should trade him for Courtney Lee.

But Asik is awesome and the Bulls should have kept him.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I don't think it's been that long since you thought the Bulls would be insane to keep Asik and should trade him for Courtney Lee.
If you're going to keep Noah, and thought he was "untouachable", then yes, you should trade Asik for Courtney Lee. It makes no sense to keep both when you could use one to get better at a position you desperately needed to (SG). My point was always that, if you're adamant about keeping Noah over Asik, then you shouldn't let Asik walk away for nothing, and that's what they did.

thekad

Banned
Too much money? Asik is getting paid $5 mil this year, and Deng/Noah get paid a combined $24 mil this year. The numbers would have worked out just fine.

I was kidding, but that would be ~$63mil for 5 players, two of them being max players and one near max.

Alrix

Question: going to a game tomorrow, how early do you guys normally get to the arena if you want to watch shootarounds etc?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I was kidding, but that would be ~$63mil for 5 players, two of them being max players and one near max.
My numbers come out closer to $55 mil, but then again, I'm flexible about who the SG would be in that situation. They have Rip right now for $5 mil a year.

Magic: "How are the Clippers going to do on offense in the half-court?"

The Clippers were 4th in offense last year despite playing at near the slowest pace in the NBA and have one of the best half-court PGs in NBA history so I hope I misheard Magic there...

The Clippers are 18th in pace this year as well, they're not really a fast-break team...

thekad

Banned
Rockets/Bulls games just ended.. Let's talk about the Lakers

They just scored 120 points three times in a row and they didn't even talk about the game :lol

My numbers come out closer to $55 mil, but then again, I'm flexible about who the SG would be in that situation. They have Rip right now for $5 mil a year.

Rose is $16mil
Melo is $19mil
Boozer is $15mil
Asik is $8mil and $15 mil in year 3
Generic MLE SG is $5mil

$63mil in year one...with raises in subsequent years. No way the Bulls front office would spring for that.

Question: going to a game tomorrow, how early do you guys normally get to the arena if you want to watch shootarounds etc?

At the arena about an hour before tip off time. They usually have shoot around and random ass promotional events like tossing t-shirts into the stands and what not.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Rose is $16mil
Melo is $19mil
Boozer is $15mil
Asik is $8mil and $15 mil in year 3
Generic MLE SG is $5mil

$63mil in year one...with raises in subsequent years. No way the Bulls front office would spring for that.
Of course not, and that's my point. Miami would, but not the Bulls.

Pkaz01

JVG putting in work two games on one day busy christmas for him and Breen.

TNT never has to do this do they? they have enough people to cover 4 games?

JVG putting in work two games on one day busy christmas for him and Breen.

TNT never has to do this do they? they have enough people to cover 4 games?

They've actually had it worse. I'm pretty sure on opening night they had Heat-Celtics then had to fly to LA to do Lakers-Mavs.

Top Bottom