• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

I thinks this draft is worse than 11.

At least in 11 you had mid to late firsts like Kemba, Klay, Faried, Marshon, Shump shump, Singler...shit...parsons...

You're getting absolutely none of that in this draft...

goddamit

Wonder if the wiz can pull off another tank next year. Wall literally can't elevated on jumpshots right now due to injury...

Eh, it's only a shit draft at the top. You guys need a good 3 more than anything and this draft is going to be decent there. I'm sure there will be plenty of players from the late lottery on that will prove to be solid rotation guys at the least too.

We on the otherhand need bigs and there isn't much there that I like. Noel and Mitchell have the size and the athleticism, but they don't have the head. Austin has the head, but I've seen inflatable tube men that look more athletic than he does. Zeller will be decent, but he's undersized and I wouldn't be surprised at all if stays at Indiana for another year. The rest of the bigs are either too undersized or have gaping holes in their games.

I miss the 90's, what happened to centers that can play on both sides of the court?

"My rookie season's not going exactly as I envisioned it, but I'm just trying to work my way out of it," he said. Robinson is learning that he still needs to watch film in order to study the opposition, and it's a little frightening that he said "once I got to the league, I figured I don't need to watch tape of guys in the league."

-Thomas Robinson

He's Moses Malone good everybody!

T-Rob couldn't even get minutes over the Morris busts in Kansas, so I'm not sure what people were really expecting.

I didn't expect him to get his shit pushed in during Summer League though. That was the beginning of the end.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
T-Rob couldn't even get minutes over the Morris busts in Kansas, so I'm not sure what people were really expecting.

I didn't expect him to get his shit pushed in during Summer League though. That was the beginning of the end.

He couldn't get minutes because they were a package deal. Self basically said as much.

And in SL he was playing point forward because why

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Toward the end of shootaround Friday, Los Angeles Lakers guard Steve Nash approached Dwight Howard and offered up a couple of tips on how to shoot free throws.

Though Howard is shooting just 46.9 percent from the foul line this season while Nash is tied with Mark Price for the best free throw percentage in NBA history at 90.4 percent, the Lakers center said that he's had enough of people giving him advice.

"Listen, he was just suggesting some things but it's not something that we've already talked about or anybody else has suggested," Howard said. "My mind cannot get clouded with everybody telling me how to shoot a free throw. I just have to go up there and shoot it my way and not get caught up in what everybody else is saying, because that's when I miss."
Shunning advice from a guy who shoots a career 90%+ from the line.

I thinks this draft is worse than 11.

At least in 11 you had mid to late firsts like Kemba, Klay, Faried, Marshon, Shump shump, Singler...shit...parsons...

You're getting absolutely none of that in this draft...

goddamit

Wonder if the wiz can pull off another tank next year. Wall literally can't elevated on jumpshots right now due to injury...

Kemba taken 9th was a mid-round pick?

And this will be a pretty good PG draft, similar to 2009's underrated PG (after Rubio) crop.

Kevtones

A little bummed that Barton got d-leagued for a couple games although it's not necessarily a demotion, but an experience thing.

Guy has been the most consistent contributor off the bench in his short stints. At least he'll be back in 2 games.

So we are in the market for a bench scorer..

so you mean Dorell Wright and Nick Young are worse than the combo of Lou and Thad?

who knew?

Darkman M

There isn't anything wrong with what Dwight said, because it's true. You can get all the advice you want but it's ultimately up to him to focus and knock down his freetrows.

I love how there's nothing coming down from Stern about the Warriors and Wizards basically committing fraud to their season ticket holders. Wizards said Wall would be back in 8 weeks, he's nowhere close to being back 10 weeks later. The Warriors refused to report the actual extent of Bogut's injury until Bogut released the details out of frustration. It's all OK as long as a team is only disrespecting the game and their fans and not Stern, the Heat, or the Lakers.

Shooting free throws is a lot like golf, if you're thinking about too many things before your swing it's too late. For me I would just think of bending my knees and having a straight follow-through.

Wasn't Samurai hyping T-Rob up the wazoo?

:lol

And weren't you hyped for Afro Swag, Knux?

Crawful is looking pretty good now, isn't he?

diehard

Fleer
I love how there's nothing coming down from Stern about the Warriors and Wizards basically committing fraud to their season ticket holders. Wizards said Wall would be back in 8 weeks, he's nowhere close to being back 10 weeks later. The Warriors refused to report the actual extent of Bogut's injury until Bogut released the details out of frustration. It's all OK as long as a team is only disrespecting the game and their fans and not Stern, the Heat, or the Lakers.

Warriors?

lol their ownership admitted to tanking.

Preach it man. It boils my blood that teams wait until the last second to make it publicly known that players will miss time at the start of the season. And then they completely fuck up their estimates about how long they'll be out. They'd be better off just saying whether or not they'll be out days, weeks, months, or the entire season instead of giving us the BS blah to blah weeks thing like they do now.

Yea

Wall aint gonna be back this season I don't think. For what really? I mean fuck, if its been close to 10 weeks now and dude can't even shoot a jump shot?

Tank that shit.

Leonsis is a piece of shit.

charsace

As good as MKG is, I still kinda do.

Guy is going through something worse than being buried in a logjam.

He can't play his way into the Kings rotation. Why do you want him over MKG who is a great defender and slasher? Are you one of those dudes that likes to be tied up and have a woman hit him in the nuts repeatedly? I don't have nothing against it just let me know so that I don't feel the need to address you when you make these kind of posts.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
He can't play his way into the Kings rotation. Why do you want him over MKG who is a great defender and slasher? Are you one of those dudes that likes to be tied up and have a woman hit him in the nuts repeatedly? I don't have nothing against it just let me know so that I don't feel the need to address you when you make these kind of posts.
I like MKG. But lets be real

The Kings rotation makes no fucking sense. How is he supposed to play into a rotation that is built on bad decisions and dysfunction?

What did people here think of the 'Kobe Assist' article? I wish it was titled something different because many people I've talked to misunderstand what it's going for.

Vahagn

wow

What did people here think of the 'Kobe Assist' article? I wish it was titled something different because many people I've talked to misunderstand what it's going for.

I quoted it on here. I liked it. I remember Kobe saying there are shots he takes when he sees his bigs have offensive rebounding position but he can't get them the ball because a defender is in the way as essentially a "sure fire" score. Either he scores, or they put it back.

It was the same way I said that teams do Hack-A-Howard to get the ball out of Kobe's hands and then the coach of the Rockets basically said that in his postgame press conference

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Honestly thought it was a really interesting read and I agree with you, calling it "Kobe Assist" makes the whole thing seem like some kind of giant parody. Hopefully theres some more detailed work on it during the next SSAC, I feel like rebounding in general is one of the biggest unknowns in basketball and theres a lot of room for detailed statistical analysis on that front.

TylerD

Enjoy the game Gondo. We listed ours a month a go and will be watching from home while eating Charleston's take out.

Baby back ribs... mmmm

Dwight has had some very impressive FT shooting games against us in the past. 15-17 or some shit IIRC.

Pimpwerx

Shunning advice from a guy who shoots a career 90%+ from the line.

Listening to how stubborn Shaq sounded about his FT shooting last night, I imagine Dwight being equally obnoxious. Dwight needs to go to whoever has been working Thiago Splitter. His FT shooting has been improving steadily since entering the league. No excuse not to with the amount of resources available to these guys. PEACE.

Bargninny is the worst player in the NBA, bar none.

Stop mentioning him. Mitch is not trading for him.

Anyway, I fully expect the Lakers to get down early tonight, claw their way back in the 2nd or early 3rd, only to get run out of the building in the late 3rd/4th and that will be that.

umm Rondo has 10/8/5 and its not even the beginning of the second quarter. this little ninja is a stingy motherfucker, but its hard to hate this dude.
edit: thats 8 boards, btw, not dimes

AhoAT.jpg

g2TsF.jpg

3E1wt.jpg

Konex future.

Top Bottom