• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Lakers have always had to be consistent to hit their stride in the playoffs.

Heat don't.

Cloudy

Banned
http://www.truthaboutit.net/2012/12...s-aimlessly-wanders-the-basketball-court.html

Long story short, the Sharks get down 10-2 while Arenas barely touches the ball. Then Arenas sinks a step-back, fadeaway 3-pointer at about the 6:35 mark of the above YouTube (the only shot he would end up attempting). Then Arenas gets injured via his groin, or hip flexor, or “intramuscular strain of the right thigh”—all of them probably apply, all of them are probably lost in translation—and leaves for the night, and the foreseeable future (around the 8:22 mark of the YouTube). And then the Sharks lost to the Ducks, 94-78.

He is just 30 and his basketball career (not just NBA) seems over. Crazy...

DY_nasty

But who's saying that The Heat won't be deep in the playoffs and contending for a championship? The biggest concern that people bring about The Heat is their defense.

In the NBA, the majority of defense is giving a fuck.

That's the one thing Miami doesn't do.

If the Heat give a shit they waltz into the Finals.

Problem is we don't know how long the Chip hangover will last. Bron will be great, Wade..., Bosh...., anyone else not named Bron...

Bron can be great half assing it, but if its just him and Ray who care come playoff time I could see them getting beat.

If the Heat give a shit they waltz into the Finals.

Problem is we don't know how long the Chip hangover will last. Bron will be great, Wade..., Bosh...., anyone else not named Bron...

Bron can be great half assing it, but if its just him and Ray who care come playoff time I could see them getting beat.

lebron half assing it is 28/7/6

wade half assing it now is 12/6/4 with 6 TO

SamuraiX-

Holy fuck.

Mayo is dropping 20 PPG on 47% FG and 50% 3PT shooting this season? Good lord, I knew he had potential but that's really taking it to the next level.

Seems like the MIP award is his to lose at this point in the season.

snack

Knicks greatest threat right now is Amare. When he comes back all bets are off.

I think he'll do just fine if Woodson transitions him from the bench back to the starting rotation.

He certainly can't be as cancerous as Carmelo.

Transparent_Troll_Face.png

All the Knicks need to be a complete team is a young power forward that can run, rebound, and defend to complement Amare. They should be able to find that player in this year's draft.

Westlo

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....r-extended-workout-after-heat-lose-to-knicks/

Bron played great. He should have taken Wade and Bosh with him lol

Wade was probably too busy thinking of his next outfit he will wow the world with! Bosh had a bad game but he has been the second best player easily this season... with how much Wade has fallen the fuck off.. Spo is a moron if he doesn't start running some plays for Bosh now... ffs just steal some from his Raptors days.

And fuck to think I was happy with just getting Bosh during free agency and wanting to get brendon fucking haywood.... and I always rated Wade over Bron but lol @ that now. No way Wade opts out after 2013/14 now and if he does lol.

I might be one of the only guys on GAF (or on the planet) that thinks Amare isn't done.

I feel like dude tried too hard to live up to his contract in NY when he first got there. He was playing at an MVP type level and then his body broke down, he didn't rehab properly and came back too soon.

They are finally giving all the time he needs and I think he's going to play great when he returns.

Not so sure that he should start but man that team has a ton of potential when he and shump get back.

SamuraiX-

I don't understand... why is the entire TNT crew talking about Suns fans demanding their money back after that Dallas game? Was it really that bad? From the highlights it didn't look like anything out of the normal. :-/

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Man, his sneaker commercial was hilarious. But hopefully he's fully healthy so he can play like he did last year. He's a really fun watch.

Yeah, that's why the trainers have final say about whether he goes tonight. The world should be hoping he plays. Basketball is better with him around.

Westlo

I don't understand... why is the entire TNT crew talking about Suns fans demanding their money back after that Dallas game? Was it really that bad? From the highlights it didn't look like anything out of the normal. :-/

the suns were running an offer where you could get your money back if you weren't satisfied, I remember kerr was saying if it was a triple overtime, suns win by half court buzzer beater, will some fans still demand money back? lol

SamuraiX-

the suns were running an offer where you could get your money back if you weren't satisfied, I remember kerr was saying if it was a triple overtime, suns win by half court buzzer beater, will some fans still demand money back? lol

Oooh, right. I remember that. haha

So everyone is just trolling the shit out of the franchise now.

charsace

I might be one of the only guys on GAF (or on the planet) that thinks Amare isn't done.

I feel like dude tried too hard to live up to his contract in NY when he first got there. He was playing at an MVP type level and then his body broke down, he didn't rehab properly and came back too soon.

They are finally giving all the time he needs and I think he's going to play great when he returns.

Not so sure that he should start but man that team has a ton of potential when he and shump get back.

I don't think he's done. People are underestimating him right now. He will find a way to fit in. Under Woody he was looking good until he got hurt.

amare will be great for us. he just needs to rest until hes 100% and not rush his recovery. i still think he should come off the bench and lead the second unit despite how he plays. he would have the best opportunity to score and be effective then.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
According to a team source, Pelinka has voiced his displeasure with Williams' lack of playing time. He hasn't gone as far as to request a trade, but he has inquired about the possibility that one will come.

Demand a trade, Derrick!

D Wade is trashier than I thought.
He started off the season looking the best he has in years, then the foot thing happened. Idk. He's easily the cockiest, and therefore most complacent guy on the team.

I'm not worried about the east at all, barring injury, and he usually gets up for the finals.

Derrick has pretty much proven himself to be a tweener in the worst way. He isn't skilled enough to play on the wing, and he isn't long enough to play down low. He'll end up being a decent face up 4, but coming into the league that's no where near what I thought he'd be (a dominant force at SF).

Derrick has pretty much proven himself to be a tweener in the worst way. He isn't skilled enough to play on the wing, and he isn't long enough to play down low. He'll end up being a pretty good back up 4, but coming into the league that's no where near what I thought he'd be (a dominant force at SF).

Length at PF is overrated these days. Quality stretch 4's don't grow on trees and the future of the position is leaning towards that sort of player. You don't see stretch 4's come in and shoot at 38% from deep in their second season like Derrick is doing right now. He's ahead of the curve there. Love couldn't even hit the rim from deep until his third year.

Those guys always have dreck statlines in their first few years.

I guarantee he'll be around an 18 and 8 guy on the right team in few years shooting at good percentages from deep.

Hope the Wiz get him.

DY_nasty

Length at PF is overrated these days. Quality stretch 4's don't grow on trees and the future of the position is leaning towards that sort of player. You don't see stretch 4's come in and shoot at 38% from deep in their second season like Derrick is doing right now. He's ahead of the curve there. Love couldn't even hit the rim from deep until his third year.

Those guys always have dreck statlines in their first few years.

I guarantee he'll be around an 18 and 8 guy on the right team in few years shooting at good percentages from deep.

Hope the Wiz get him.
You've never seen him play 3 total games have you?

You've never seen him play 3 total games have you?

I've seen him. He looks bad.

So does Beal though.

They just need time.

Edit: Not to mention Derricks rookie year was terrible in terms of situation. It's like he came into a foster home with a family who's planning on quitting the business but adores one kid and plans to adopt them, all while looking at you like a burden.

From day 1 Derrick knew no love.

DY_nasty

I've seen him. He looks bad.

So does Beal though.

They just need time.

Beal doesn't look bad though. He looks like the smartest player on a team full of shitbags.

Derrick is the dumbest player on the Wolves aside from Steisma, can't shoot, has never heard of shot selection, can't defend any position on the floor because he lacks the mental capacity to keep his feet in sync with his mind, lacks any offensive skill that isn't swag influenced, and contributes absolutely nothing under the rim.

He's Hakim Warrick tier.

Beal doesn't look bad though. He looks like the smartest player on a team full of shitbags.

Derrick is the dumbest player on the Wolves aside from Steisma, can't shoot, has never heard of shot selection, can't defend any position on the floor because he lacks the mental capacity to keep his feet in sync with his mind, lacks any ofufensive skill that isn't swag influenced, and contributes absolutely nothing under the rim.

He's Hakim Warrick tier.

Warrick was never a lottery pick doe.

Top Bottom