• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Nov NBA Season |OT2| Westbrook demands a trade to Grinnell College

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I don't mind if people prefer it, but I think people have really started to overrate Cousins because he plays a style they want to see more of instead of judging his actual ability.

Also, he's a flopper.
I haven't really touched on his abilities (haven't seen enough to make a true judgment call).

Wait, he flops? Fuck him, then.

iamblades

I don't mind if people prefer it, but I think people have really started to overrate Cousins because he plays a style they want to see more of instead of judging his actual ability.

I actually don't like watch big man basketball, and I think the only elite skill DeMarcus has is rebounding. He has good ball skills for a big man, but that just often results in him trying things he shouldn't be doing in the first place.

I still don't think it's right that the refs are running him on bullshit just because he refuses to respect their authority in the way that they desire.

IMO you should have to earn an ejection, very little outside of physical violence deserves an ejection on a single play.

I actually don't like watch big man basketball, and I think the only elite skill DeMarcus has is rebounding. He has good ball skills for a big man, but that just often results in him trying things he shouldn't be doing in the first place.

I still don't think it's right that the refs are running him on bullshit just because he refuses to respect their authority in the way that they desire.

IMO you should have to earn an ejection, very little outside of physical violence deserves an ejection on a single play.

You have to build a rapport with the refs.

etiolate

Banned

It's not that he "doesn't respect their authority in how they desire". It's basically that DMC landed in a bad spot.

-a small market
-a league that wants house negros cuz the artest brawl scared the old white folk away
-Stern would like to screw over the Maloofs in any subtle way he can at this point
-Those some Maloofs are hanging him out to dry. Where was someone to deal with the Elliot situation? Why was there someone telling Cousins about Elliot dissing him? How did that Front Office let Westphal slander Cousins publicly? Why haven't they brought in the type of vet a player like Cousins needs? Why do they keep bringing in guards who don't want to pass? You think Phil Jackson would let the refs do this to his main guy? Hell no. It's a god damned joke of an organization, so the refs can shit on Cuz all they like.

PS: Sorry if I got TOO REAL with #2.

iamblades

I don't know why people are surprised. You get more individual freedom in The NBA. College is all about the team and the system.

Mostly the paint in college is just so packed all the time that you rarely get to see athleticism like that really come out because of the closer three point line, because of the narrower key and more widespread zone or sagging defenses. Especially playing small forward on a team with 2 7 footers(and the 7 footers guarding them) clogging up the lane.

Although I have seen a few things from Barnes so far in the pros that made me raise my expectations for him. Mainly his post offense, which somewhat offsets his primary weakness, IMO which is his dribble drive ball handling. Still iffy on whether he's a top 2 option on a team that is contending for a championship, but he has proven to me that he can create some of his own offense at least and not be reliant completely on a PG to get him the ball in scoring position.

Eating ice cream sundaes at Fentons now. Holy shit Barnes' dunk was fucking nasty in person. We were seated baseline on the same side...my god pek's soul got sucked out of him

he's the only 'big name' that isn't a bitch, well him and Z-Bo.

doesn't fit the whole "Be a soft ass bitch" the league is trying to push. they've been lucky with Z-Bo for the past few years. 1. He's been injured a lot and 2. He plays in Memphis..they get so little media coverage i don't even think people in Tennessee get to see them

Cousins is as mentally weak as it gets. That's why he barks so much. Z-Bo would literally just punch you in the face. Cousins would spend 10 minutes telling you he would punch you in the face. It's a crime to compare the two. Z-BO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cousins.

cool, lakers got a win. In other news, what's the deal with the clippers?

You expected them stay at a .750ish winning percentage? Clippers are fine... they were originally expected to be a 3rd-6th seed in the west. Had a great opening week and got ballooned up to being a #1-#2 seed. They were never going to keep that up.

Cousins...I don't know anymore.

Dude should be getting better. I thought he was a steal in the draft. But he's below 47% TS%! Below 43% shooting from the field. As a center. And his TO rate is really high. He's even worse this year, so far.

Bigs who suck on offense generally use few possessions (Chandler) and make their mark by being good on defense. But he's bad at that too outside of rebounding.

The Kings are nearly 7 points better on offense with him on the bench. He is perhaps the most inefficient offensive player in the NBA right now. His decision making is off the charts bad.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because he plays for the worst organization with terrible coaches and a completely dumb collection of players to put on an NBA team. Perhaps with a change of scenery his skills could be utilized properly.

But on the flip side, Kevin Love was putting very efficient stats on a crappy team just a couple years ago where Cousins is ridiculously inefficient. How much longer do we have to wait?

Fact is, Cousins has been terrible in his NBA career.

That said, the tech and ejection were unfair. I don't think he deserved the 1st tech at all. Him getting another was him not keeping his cool but at least he had a legit gripe.

DominoKid

Havent seen HB play in the nba yet. Does he still do that thing where he disappears for 75% of the game? Has he figured out how to dribble yet?

pilonv1

I was there at the game tonight...the arena went nuts after that dunk...on the replay there was a collective cringe too...so nasty..

You should check the replay, you could hear the crowd ooh & ahh at the replays on the screen in the arena. Was awesome.

Havent seen HB play in the nba yet. Does he still do that thing where he disappears for 75% of the game? Has he figured out how to dribble yet?

He was really tentative at first, but has gotten his confidence as of a week ago. A few games ago he was something stupid like 22/28 FG at the rim. Turns out he can drive, post up and rebound and not just only shoot long jumpers.

charsace

You should check the replay, you could hear the crowd ooh & ahh at the replays on the screen in the arena. Was awesome.

He was really tentative at first, but has gotten his confidence as of a week ago. A few games ago he was something stupid like 22/28 FG at the rim. Turns out he can drive, post up and rebound and not just only shoot long jumpers.

I've always known he could post. He didn't do it enough at NC. He's playing like he has heart now and never played like he had one at UNC.

linsivvi

You expected them stay at a .750ish winning percentage? Clippers are fine... they were originally expected to be a 3rd-6th seed in the west. Had a great opening week and got ballooned up to being a #1-#2 seed. They were never going to keep that up.

People always tend to overreact at the beginning of the season when there's a small sample size.

Like when Harden tore it up the first 2 games. His numbers are now much closer to what is a reasonable expectation of him.

Like when the Knicks went 6-0 and some delusional fans think they aren't trash.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
welcome to Matt Bonner Appreciation Day!

4KhEs.jpg

Sucks about McHale's daughter

Archie Goodwin looked awesome against Moorehead State, both him and Poythress have been great so far this year. Granted I have a stake in it but could this draft not be as shitty as people thought it would be.

Got The Walking Dead in the Steam Sale. Two unoriginal thoughts on it so far:

1. Pretty awesome scene setting with tons of tension gained through writing that actually makes sense.
2. Telltale sucks at programming.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
damn... feel absolutely terrible about hearing the mchale news
I've always known he could post. He didn't do it enough at NC. He's playing like he has heart now and never played like he had one at UNC.

like i was saying all last year

roy fucking williams

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
There was a moment last night where I realized that the Wolves were basically last year's team minus Rubio again. Adelman was rolling with Pekovic, Love, Kirilenko, Ridnour, and Barea. I was horrified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom