• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Nov NBA Season |OT2| Westbrook demands a trade to Grinnell College

Status
Not open for further replies.

filler

Banned
Also Kevin Love is lazy fuck. Never seen someone make so little effort to get back on defense

never?

bynumjesus1.jpg

Babalu.

5 oclock game? this is LA fuck that shit.

waiting for the replay on TWC at 11. sounded like we played good teamball.

and metta and jamison are going to be the d'antoni bash bros

Piecake

He's given Lee quite a few open jumpers tonight because he doesn't get out and contest.

The biggest problem i have with Love's defense is his terrible hedging. He does it well sometimes, but definitely not all the time. No idea why you cant do it all the time since its not hard...

AcridMeat

Banned
Green has been fantastic, he's fun to watch. Overall I do like this team more than the one I stopped watching a couple years ago.

edit: Solid defense on that trip too. Dagger from Landry.

Don't know what the hell Barrea was doing there.

diehard

Fleer
They were both on the same play iirc, first for the soft ball slap, then for arguing the tech.

slapping the ball away from someone after a whistle is blown will get you a tech.

yelling in the face of a ref will get you a tech.

It was weak but dude should have known better.

iamblades

slapping the ball away from someone after a whistle is blown will get you a tech.

yelling in the face of a ref will get you a tech.

It was weak but dude should have known better.

If the offense gets continuation calls, why shouldn't the defense play through it as well?

He should have known better than to say anything given the way refs treat him, if I were him I'd only communicate with refs through a third party

Might even show up to games with one of those hannibal lector masks on.. :p

Omega

Banned
This league really hates DMC.

he's the only 'big name' that isn't a bitch, well him and Z-Bo.

doesn't fit the whole "Be a soft ass bitch" the league is trying to push. they've been lucky with Z-Bo for the past few years. 1. He's been injured a lot and 2. He plays in Memphis..they get so little media coverage i don't even think people in Tennessee get to see them

SoulPlaya

more money than God
he's the only 'big name' that isn't a bitch, well him and Z-Bo.

doesn't fit the whole "Be a soft ass bitch" the league is trying to push. they've been lucky with Z-Bo for the past few years. 1. He's been injured a lot and 2. He plays in Memphis..they get so little media coverage i don't even think people in Tennessee get to see them
I understand what DMC did may have necessitated a tech, but fuck it, the league needs more of him. He's got a fired up energy that clashes with the league's attempted image, and I love it. It occasionally gets in the way of his game, but I admire his tenacity. Plus, it's not like gets in trouble off the court (not sure here, can anyone clarify?).

I understand what DMC did may have necessitated a tech, but fuck it, the league needs more of him. He's got a fired up energy that clashes with the league's attempted image, and I love it. It occasionally gets in the way of his game, but I admire that his tenacity. Plus, it's not like gets in trouble off the court (not sure here, can anyone clarify?).

But this is a lot of the problem with how people view Cousins. He's a throwback in style so the major issues he has are ignored. His inability to control emotion? Toughness! His terrible decision making and inability to get to easy shots? Skill! His inability to protect the rim at all? Who cares, he's big and has post moves (even though they don't work)! I think there's too much 90s worship going on with how Cousins is viewed. Cousins' style isn't effective in today's NBA.

But yeah, shouldn't have been an ejection.

Also, he's pretty lazy on the court most of the time so I'm not sure tenacity is the word to use.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
But this is a lot of the problem with how people view Cousins. He's a throwback in style so the major issues he has are ignored. His inability to control emotion? Toughness! His terrible decision making and inability to get to easy shots? Skill! His inability to protect the rim at all? Who cares, he's big and has post moves (even though they don't work)! I think there's too much 90s worship going on with how Cousins is viewed. Cousins' style isn't effective in today's NBA.

But yeah, shouldn't have been an ejection.
It's because people enjoy a more physical game. It doesn't have to be violent, but in a league that coddles stars and effectively admits that they officiate the game differently based on who you are, it's refreshing to see a young player buck that trend. Yeah, it may not be effective, but if that means learning how to flop, kissing refs asses, and playing emotionless basketball, then fuck that.

It's because people enjoy a more physical game. It doesn't have to be violent, but in a league that coddles stars and effectively admits that they officiate the game differently based on who you are, it's refreshing to see a young player buck that trend. Yeah, it may not be effective, but if that means learning how to flop, kissing refs asses, and playing emotionless basketball, then fuck that.

I don't mind if people prefer it, but I think people have really started to overrate Cousins because he plays a style they want to see more of instead of judging his actual ability.

Also, he's a flopper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom