• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Nov NBA Season |OT2| Westbrook demands a trade to Grinnell College

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
In a discussion about Rondo's assist streak.. in which he just tied Stockton .. i can't bring him the fuck up? OKAY

think before you post bro

What fucking record? Why would you care if it's broken? Is it the all-time total assists record? No? Oh, okay. Sit your ass down.

Because 8 bit graphics were high tech shit the last time the Blazers won a playoff series?

Even Jeff has better jokes than you.

Jeff-DSA

The record rondo is going after, and cheesing to get, is stocktons?

Stockton is so above Rondo that he doesn't know that he holds that record. Rondo is desperately trying to get it. If Rondo gets that record tomorrow, it will just be a Tuesday for John.

reilo

Well, Rondo and diehard do have something in common at last: they both care about some shitty assist streak that nobody else does.

Keep losing sleep over it, bro.

diehard

Fleer
Well, Rondo and diehard do have something in common at last: they both care about some shitty assist streak that nobody else does.

Keep losing sleep over it, bro.

What the fuck do you think people were talking about?

You literally joined the discussion without knowing?

From now on i won't discuss anything unless i'm losing sleep over it, cool?

iamblades

there was plenty of time left to get assists, this infuriated me. he had another chance to do this on a 2 on 1 fast break but took the layup, doc must have knocked some sense into him.

He already had double digit assists(12) by that point in the game anyway according to the play by play box score, so the original tweet is more than a bit disingenuous. Haven't seen the play though, so it's entirely possible he was stat padding.

ETA: just went back and watched the replay on league pass, and it was pretty clearly not needed, but it looked like it was going to be an easy dunk on the assist, and the traditionalist in me says you are supposed to reward your big men for giving defensive effort and running the court if you are playing PG. Jet bailed him out and they ended with 2 anyway.

You can either look at it as stat padding or trying to reward your big guys for hustle with easy buckets. Considering he already had basically reached his assist avg. at that point in the game, to suggest it is pure stat padding is not really fair. It's not like he really needs to pad his assists anyway, he is over 4 up on second place in that measure. If anything if he was stat padding he'd take the free points which help a stat he isn't doing as well in.

The last two pages are more proof that Rondo is a divider. Trade him to Sacramento.

Rajon20Rondo20Jazz-1_display_image.jpg

I shouldn't laugh at this but...

MINNEAPOLIS—After suffering another setback in a long line of chronic knee issues, Minnesota Timberwolves guard Brandon Roy announced Monday that he has finally purchased a do-it-yourself arthroscopic surgery kit for at-home joint repairs. “It’s so much more convenient being able to perform a meniscectomy or ACL reconstruction right from the comfort of your own bed,” Roy said of the kit, which contains arthroscopes, scalpels, forceps, hook and planing knives, biting clamps, local anesthesia, and an easy-to-follow 14,000-page instruction manual. “It takes a little while to get the hang of, but this way I don’t have to deal with the hassle of going all the way to the hospital and waiting for hours on end for an overpriced orthopedic surgeon. Just this morning I made a quick incision and shaved off some damaged cartilage around my patellar tendon, saving myself a trip to the ER and a few thousand bucks.” At press time, Roy was scrubbing up after tearing the PCL and MCL in his right knee while talking to reporters

He already had double digit assists(12) by that point in the game anyway according to the play by play box score, so the original tweet is more than a bit disingenuous. Haven't seen the play though, so it's entirely possible he was stat padding.

ETA: just went back and watched the replay on league pass, and it was pretty clearly not needed, but it looked like it was going to be an easy dunk on the assist, and the traditionalist in me says you are supposed to reward your big men for giving defensive effort and running the court if you are playing PG. Jet bailed him out and they ended with 2 anyway.

You can either look at it as stat padding or trying to reward your big guys for hustle with easy buckets. Considering he already had basically reached his assist avg. at that point in the game, to suggest it is pure stat padding is not really fair. It's not like he really needs to pad his assists anyway, he is over 4 up on second place in that measure. If anything if he was stat padding he'd take the free points which help a stat he isn't doing as well in.

no need for reason here my friend.

giri

What fucking record? Why would you care if it's broken? Is it the all-time total assists record? No? Oh, okay. Sit your ass down.
Dude, you just confirmed you don't even know what you're talking about. Just admit you jumped the deep end on this one :|

Stockton is so above Rondo that he doesn't know that he holds that record. Rondo is desperately trying to get it. If Rondo gets that record tomorrow, it will just be a Tuesday for John.

Truth.

I've said it many times, and will continue to say it until proven otherwise, Rondo is just John Wall in a good situation.

Dude, you just confirmed you don't even know what you're talking about. Just admit you jumped the deep end on this one :|

Truth.

I've said it many times, and will continue to say it until proven otherwise
, Rondo is just John Wall in a good situation.

So what you are saying is, that you don't watch NBA basketball?

h3ro

Knicks starting Svelton/Brewer/Melo/Kurt/Tyson with Kidd out from back spasms.

Unpleasant Demeanor-ball is coming to Barclays.

reilo

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Los Angeles Lakers forward Pau Gasol has been playing through tendinitis in both knees, a condition that has influenced the four-time All-Star's output.

"It was just something that started flaring up in the preseason," Gasol told reporters after practice Monday. "I didn't want to stop, and I don't want to stop now. I just don't have that luxury."

The tendinitis is more prevalent in his left knee, but Gasol began wearing straps on both knees this season as a preventative measure. The pounding Gasol's legs took during former coach Mike Brown's lengthy practices may have contributed to the pain persisting, according to a source with knowledge of Gasol's thinking.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...l-los-angeles-lakers-playing-tendinitis-knees

It's apparently "blame Mike Brown" month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom