• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Nov NBA Season |OT2| Westbrook demands a trade to Grinnell College

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe we'll see some jorts, I liked how he played in he pre-season.

question: The reason why the heat moved bosh to the center, was it to accommodate battier or was it that anthony was just that bad?

Nori Chan

knux please post i just want to know if you're alive

cause this is yo center
More-good-news-on-the-Andrew-Bynum-front-everybody.-AP.jpg

Pastry

Banned
WTF? Stern is bringing sanctions against the Spurs for resting players? How the hell does that work? PEACE.

I'm a lurker here in NBA GAF but I just caught this on TV and its absolutely bullshit. Can't believe they're going to do this. Pop will probably laugh the fine off and pull the same move later in the season as a fuck you to Stern.

Cloudy

Banned
I'm a lurker here in NBA GAF but I just caught this on TV and its absolutely bullshit. Can't believe they're going to do this.

It has to be done and should have been done last year as well. This is unacceptable and a slap in the face to:

- TNT who paid an outrageous sum to broadcast the game
- Advertisers who paid TNT to run ads tonight
- Fans eager for a great early-season matchup
- Customers who spent their hard-earned money to go to the game

Chuck might still salvage the entertainment value of this broadcast but I hope Stern brings the hammer down...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So, David Stern can now dictate how coaches decide to use their players? Cool.

Stern doesn't give a shit other than the fact that Pop is pulling this shit on a nationally televised game.

Pop fucked with the wrong game. He should have just benched everybody but the last 5 guys on the squad for the Magic game. It wouldn't have mattered anyway.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
the fuck

there's NOTHING the NBA can do about a team resting their starters

Deputy Commissioner Silver said it last season and they replayed his statement on NBA TV around 7pm

da fuck

Sanctions?

We're sitting here, and The Spurs are supposed to be an elite franchise, and we're talkin bout the regular season. I mean listen, we're sitting here talkin bout the regular season, not the playoffs, not the playoffs, not the playoffs, but we're talkin bout the regular season. Not the playoffs, that The Spurs go out there and die for and play every game like it's their last but we're talkin bout the regular season, man. How silly is that?

Cloudy

Banned
Stern doesn't give a shit other than the fact that Pop is pulling this shit on a nationally televised game.

I bet one or 2 guys might have been okay but you can't just throw a game like this. It is BS and I'm sure the execs at TNT are blowing up Stern's line

Sanctions?

We're sitting here, and The Spurs are supposed to be an elite franchise, and we're talkin bout the regular season. I mean listen, we're sitting here talkin bout the regular season, not the playoffs, not the playoffs, not the playoffs, but we're talkin bout the regular season. Not the playoffs, that The Spurs go out there and die for and play every game like it's their last but we're talkin bout the regular season, man. How silly is that?

Just you wait until January. One month before Stern leaves he's going to start throwing out sanctions to team for resting their players during....

PRACTICE

Pastry

Banned
It has to be done and should have been done last year as well. This is unacceptable and a slap in the face to:

Chuck might still salvage the entertainment value of this broadcast but I hope Stern brings the hammer down...

I care about seeing players remain healthy throughout the season not about filling the NBA, TNT and Stern's coffers.

giri

Stern can try, but i fully expect to see any attempt blocked by the bord. They'll tell him to FOAD.

And the players union too.

Just you wait until January. One month before Stern leaves he's going to start throwing out sanctions to team for resting their players during....

PRACTICE

January... 2014.

jobber

I bet one or 2 guys might have been okay but you can't just throw a game like this. It is BS and I'm sure the execs at TNT are blowing up Stern's line

Well the NBA shouldn't make the Spurs go on the road for a week straight and have Miami rest the entire time the Spurs were playing road games.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
As they should. Pop has an obligation to his team to rest his players, but TNT execs have the obligation to put on an entertaining game.

Like I said, though, give the fans a refund, and call it a day.

Cloudy

Banned
I care about seeing players remain healthy throughout the season not about filling the NBA, TNT and Stern's coffers.

The NBA is big business and fan entertainment. Neither interest was served with this move. A $1 million fine sounds about right. I also hope the fans get refunded

jobber

As they should. Pop has an obligation to his team to rest his players, but TNT execs have the obligation to put on an entertaining game.

Like I said, though, give the fans a refund, and call it a day.

fuck that

TNT has shitty games on all season. Like 40 point blowouts.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Sanctions?

Let's not act like the Spurs don't care about the regular season, lol.

fuck that

TNT has shitty games on all season. Like 40 point blowouts.
And I'm sure they hate that too.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Stern's statement:

"I apologize to all NBA fans. This was an unacceptable decision by the Spurs and substantial sanctions will be forthcoming.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom