• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Nov NBA Season |OT2| Westbrook demands a trade to Grinnell College

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
I concur.

82 games is a shitload of games.

Like, even at their peak, i don't think i ever watched EVERY suns game. 90%, probably, but not EVERY, cause there's just too many.

You're not a true diehard. I have watched (not always live) or listened to every Lakers game since they got Kobe :D

giri

Pop can do whatever he wants, but fans deserve a refund, if that's the case. You paid good money for these tickets, and most people can only go to one or two games a year. The NBA has to build up these experiences, instead of making them worthless for fans. Pop wants to do this? Fine, I can understand why, but fans should be offered a refund.

Eh, whilst i don't disagree, you know it's never going to happen. And for several reasons

1) Money
2) Money
3) Liability, do you make the spurs refund them? but it was Miami that collected the money for those tickets with the spurs not seeing any of the original ticket money. So who pays?
4) What about season tick holders, do they get 1/82 of their ticket price back? Or people who bought them in 10 game packs etc
5) What about injuries to teams like the bulls. With out rose, the bulls are not the same product that you paid for. Do i get my money back if Rose goes down?
6) Money
7) What bout in a blow out? you're down 20 in the 4th, never put your starters back out? Do you get 1/4th of your ticket price back?
8) Or how about in just a completely off game like the bobcats OKC game, where the bobcats got blown the fuck out. That game was over at half time. Do you refund the tickets because the bobcats didn't really show up?
9) Money
10) MONEY.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It's called the San Antonio Spurs, not the San Antonio Duncan-Ginobili-Parkers.

This is the most bullshit thing I've ever heard.

Nobody pays good money to see garbage teams like the Pistons even though they have "history". You pay to see the players in the uniforms, not for the damn logos.

That said I have zero problems with Pop doing what he did. The NBA should step in and do something, but there isnt a whole lot they can do. I guess Stern could just fine Pop a shitload and give the people their money back.

Exactly. The NBA hates the Lakers and continually makes it as difficult as possible for them to succeed. It's in spite of this backroom basketball reason mafia style effort by Stern and his dark cohorts that Mitch has been able to lead the team in moves that have produced success. If the NBA office ever started playing fairly and treating the Lakers as they do the Spurs, the Heat, and the Mavericks, the Lakers would have won many more titles.

I hope you mean this, because it is 100% truth. You brought a tear to my eye.

hahaha,clovin was showing off when mike brown was fired and now look.
What? I have said almost from day 1 that MDAT will lead us to exstacy and tranquility. The NBA hates us for our success and for always being the underdog. We were the under dog during the 60s when we lost to Boston almost annually. We were the underdog in the 70s when we only won once even though we had Wilt, Jerry, Baylor for a couple years ad then Kareem. Finally we received Magic in spite of the office which helped us achieve great success. Then he just 'happened' to get the HIV amd was forced to retire and we once again experienced terrible seasons for almost a decade. Then Phil came and with his experience of winnig in Chiago in spite of Stern, he showed us the light on how to play the game and we won. Thanks to the kind hearted owner in Memphis who realized that LA had the best deal available for Pau, he did what any good owner would do and traded Pau to us. It was good. We would have gotten CP3 but once again Stern had it out for us and instead made us settle for Nash and D12.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Eh, whilst i don't disagree, you know it's never going to happen. And for several reasons

1) Money
2) Money
3) Liability, do you make the spurs refund them? but it was Miami that collected the money for those tickets with the spurs not seeing any of the original ticket money. So who pays?
4) What about season tick holders, do they get 1/82 of their ticket price back? Or people who bought them in 10 game packs etc
5) What about injuries to teams like the bulls. With out rose, the bulls are not the same product that you paid for. Do i get my money back if Rose goes down?
6) Money
7) What bout in a blow out? you're down 20 in the 4th, never put your starters back out? Do you get 1/4th of your ticket price back?
8) Or how about in just a completely off game like the bobcats OKC game, where the bobcats got blown the fuck out. That game was over at half time. Do you refund the tickets because the bobcats didn't really show up?
9) Money
10) MONEY.
No, you don't refund fans for blowouts, but you have to give the fans an honest chance at what they want to see. I understand what Pop is doing, but it's robbing the fans of what they paid to see, and they deserve a refund.

Yeah, I know it won't ever happen, but still, they deserve it.

Puddles

Banned
So after using his refs to hand the Heat their last two games, Stern is causing SA players to sit out? Now it's likely the Heat get a win instead of what should have been their third straight loss.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
No, you don't refund fans for blowouts, but you have to give the fans an honest chance at what they want to see. I understand what Pop is doing, but it's robbing the fans of what they paid to see, and they deserve a refund.

Yeah, I know it won't ever happen, but still, they deserve it.

This happens in the NFL too. All the damned time.

No point in crying over it. Shit, Pop has plenty of a reason to protest - SAS was set up to get fucked in this game. 4th game in 5 nights AT Miami after the Heat come off of 4 days rest? Props to Pop for telling Stern to eat a dick like this.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
The NBA really needs to step in, and stop BS like this.

nah let him troll he owes the Majority of the miami fans nothing they see Wade, Lebron, and bosh regularly dammit. I would be madder if he pulled this on a team like the wiz or bobcats where you know people came to see the stars on other team whup their home teams asses.

So after using his refs to hand the Heat their last two games, Stern is causing SA players to sit out? Now it's likely the Heat get a win instead of what should have been their third straight loss.
Agreed. Stern knew that getting the third straight loss would have sent Miami into a tail spin that would lead to their early playoff exit. Stern couldnt have it.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Matt Bonner is starting

Matt Bonner appreciation week will end with Bonner beating the Heat by himself

Mothman91

This happens in the NFL too. All the damned time.

No point in crying over it. Shit, Pop has plenty of a reason to protest - SAS was set up to get fucked in this game. 4th game in 5 nights AT Miami after the Heat come off of 4 days rest? Props to Pop for telling Stern to eat a dick like this.

Don't know who does the schedule, but they did fuck over SAS here. Glad Pop isn't having any pressure from the organization(or is he?) about this move.

Puddles

Banned
Agreed. Stern knew that getting the third straight loss would have sent Miami into a tail spin that would lead to their early playoff exit. Stern couldnt have it.

It's ridiculous how transparent this shit is.

The Heat would have wanted no part of Danny Green and his insanely lucky shot-making.

giri

PLenty of teams have done the orlando/miami double header over the last few years. Many as the last 2 games in a 4 in 5 situation. And that was back when orlando were good.

I'm not saying y'all are wrong, but this stupidity has been going on for years.

Looks like Roidshard has completely fallen out of Miami's rotation

brother should just retire now and enjoy his legacy as the leader of the best team in Sonics history (2004-2005)

Branduil

Looks like Roidshard has completely fallen out of Miami's rotation

brother should just retire now and enjoy his legacy as the leader of the best team in Sonics history (2004-2005)

It's pretty funny how after getting caught with roids he almost immediately went from ludicrously-overpaid-but-useful role player to straight-up garbage.

Pimpwerx

But Pimp said he was going to be a game changer.

He's already changed more games than you thought he would. He most-likely fell out of the rotation because of his defense, but he'll be back. He worked too well on offense not to. Look at how many games in we are. He's already ahead of schedule. He wasn't expected to be a regular rotation guy to start the season, and he was. He'll get his minutes back. It's stupid to doubt that. PEACE.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
What is it with you and your love for a one dimensional white power forward?

He's a poor mans Ryan Anderson.

Tonight the world will see the true Matt Bonner

I'm kinda glad Miami got trolled. I thought for sure I wouldn't see the normal rotation in DC coming off a double OT game the day before.

This is a classic case of Omitted Variable Bias.

Championship Teams generally have high point differentials and thus stars play less in the 4th quarter due to big leads, cutting down minutes.

The argument isn't that heavy minutes makes it harder to win a title. It's that championship quality teams don't need heavy minutes for superstars because they're winning easily.

Should also be noted both Kobe and Lebron lost 4-2 in the Finals in that time-frame playing over 3000 minutes. Kobe's '09 title was 40 minutes shy of 3000.

If a coach assumes playing his superstar less will be better due to this, he will not be better off for it. Sure, you can go too far and overplay as well.

Short version: Playing stars less minutes doesn't make the team better; better teams need to play their stars less.

giri

This is a classic case of Omitted Variable Bias.

Championship Teams generally have high point differentials and thus stars play less in the 4th quarter due to big leads, cutting down minutes.

The argument isn't that heavy minutes makes it harder to win a title. It's that championship quality teams don't need heavy minutes for superstars because they're winning easily.

Should also be noted both Kobe and Lebron lost 4-2 in the Finals in that time-frame playing over 3000 minutes. Kobe's '09 title was 40 minutes shy of 3000.

If a coach assumes playing his superstar less will be better due to this, he will not be better off for it. Sure, you can go too far and overplay as well.

Short version: Playing stars less minutes doesn't make the team better; better teams need to play their stars less.

jessicapage.gif

Spec Ops: The Line is $5 on PC tomorrow on Amazon.

If you want a game where the characters actually have emotions (unlike most shooters) while not whining (unlike most JRPGs) and like a surreal atmosphere, it's really great.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Ray is the healthiest old mofo I've ever seen this side of Magic Johnson and the Heat had 3286328 days off. You think if Spurs didn't sit anyone both wouldn't have played?

Ray was busted all last year and his entire generation is basically held together with duct tape at this point.

cmon

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
And the Spurs are traveling into Memphis on Saturday? 5 games in 7 nights? Yeah, he's right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom