• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Nov NBA Season |OT2| Westbrook demands a trade to Grinnell College

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lamb sent to the D league, I hope the guy gets traded and lands on his feet on some rebuilding team, OKC was really the worst place he couldve ended up.

Love the move by Pop.

They were going to have guys miss this game legitmately. It would have been hard fought against one of the best teams at the end of a long road trip while short handed. Now their bench can get some PT that could be valuable down the road.

Rest those old bones.

giri

Also, come on Pop. What crap. Ruins tonight's game. Cannot justify benching Parker, at least.

I hate this. People pay good money to see your team play. If they can play, they should.

It's in miami

people pay good money to sit in traffic and not show up to the game.

Love the move by Pop.

They were going to have guys miss this game legitmately. It would have been hard fought against one of the best teams at the end of a long road trip.

Rest those old bones.

concur.

Kobe deserves the credit for wins.. yes.

Not he "pushed" AB to play as well as he did s a Laker
I disagree. It's clear from watching Bynum the last couple of years that he just isn't focused or concerned about winning more than anything. Doing whatever it takes. He has the ego of Kobe without the need for dominating nor the ability. If he were on anyother team than the Lakers, I'd argue he'd be a forgetable center. Basically Keith Van Horn without the soft touch and outside shot.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Also, come on Pop. What crap. Ruins tonight's game. Cannot justify benching Parker, at least.

I hate this. People pay good money to see your team play. If they can play, they should.

The game is in Miami. I doubt Miami fans even know who Ginobili and Duncan are. They probably know who Parker is cause he banged Langoria and was tangentially involved in a fight between Chris Brown and Drake.

reilo

Worth noting is that Rondo got suspended the same number of games as DMC did for talking to Sean Elliott.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I disagree. It's clear from watching Bynum the last couple of years that he just isn't focused or concerned about winning more than anything. Doing whatever it takes. He has the ego of Kobe without the need for dominating nor the ability. If he were on anyother team than the Lakers, I'd argue he'd be a forgetable center. Basically Keith Van Horn without the soft touch and outside shot.
Which has nothing to do with how well he played basketball for the Lakers

Nothing at all

If the Lakers did what Pop is doing, they would be banned from the league for a year.

Rondo got off easy. If it was a Laker, it would be 5 games.

This shit just gets better and better...

Andrew Bogut Out Indefinitely

GM Bob Myers on transparency
"On any injury, I don't think there's any attempt at deception or omission," Myers said Wednesday. "We convey it how we think it's appropriate. As long as we're on the same page with the athlete per the rules, our focus is on the recovery time. ... I'd like to think we are transparent and always will be."

However...
And yet Bogut has said that the team asked him not to talk about the microfracture surgery, and Myers wasn't willing to admit that the microfracture procedure set Bogut back.

Even more Myers

When Myers was asked about Bogut's microfracture surgery, he said, "In the overall procedure, the focus wasn't that. We always knew that this was something that may allow him to be ready for the opening of camp. ... There were a lot of components to the injury that made it be a situation that might take a little time, but knowing that element from the get-go didn't change any of expectations and don't to this day."

Bogut's take

Bogut had a different take on whether the microfracture surgery added to the recovery time: "Of course, it did. One hundred percent. Without that procedure, I'm at eight weeks. With just a basic sewing of the tears, a cleanout and a score, it's generally six to eight weeks. That would have been July, but my procedure was obviously much more detailed than that.
"That set me back a little bit, as far as the timeline. There are good days and bad. There were days last week when I said, 'Maybe I can play.' I was feeling really good. And the next day, it felt absolutely shocking."

reilo

But something changed in the NBA about the time Larry Brown's Pistons won the title. Over the last seven years, since Ben Wallace in 2004, NBA players have played beyond the 3,000-minute mark in the regular season nearly 100 times. The players who have done that are essentially a who's who of NBA studs. The vast majority are All-Stars, and many have won titles. The names include LeBron James, Dwight Howard, Derrick Rose, Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Garnett, Chris Paul, Kevin Durant, Pau Gasol, Blake Griffin, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Chris Bosh.

But interestingly, when those players played those heavy regular-season minutes, do you know how many of them won titles?

In the last seven years: Zero.

They all won their titles in seasons when they played fewer than 3,000 regular-season minutes.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/35752/heavy-minutes-hurt-title-chances

If the Lakers did what Pop is doing, they would be banned from the league for a year.

Rondo got off easy. If it was a Laker, it would be 5 games.

Exactly. The NBA hates the Lakers and continually makes it as difficult as possible for them to succeed. It's in spite of this backroom basketball reason mafia style effort by Stern and his dark cohorts that Mitch has been able to lead the team in moves that have produced success. If the NBA office ever started playing fairly and treating the Lakers as they do the Spurs, the Heat, and the Mavericks, the Lakers would have won many more titles.

Nelo Ice

Banned

And Pringles is still carrying Mike Brown's tradition of playing every starter but most of all Kobe heavy minutes. Would love to see Kobe's minutes hover around the 30-34 min mark versus the 37 he's averaging right now. Of course I'd love to every starter get their minutes lowered since they're all playing a ridiculous amount and when Nash comes back he can't be averaging more than 30 mpg.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Pop is the ultimate troll
vFoJP.jpg

Cloudy

Banned
NBA needs to refund every ticket to the game tonight. I know the schedule is unfair for them but this is complete bullshit by Pop

giri

The NBA really needs to step in, and stop BS like this.

To stop player load management?

Yeah, how dare Pop look towards winning the whole thing and taking healthy players to the finals and managing their workload instead of going all out for a meaningless regular season game.

Quite frankly, i'm apalled by pop's decision. It's never been done before and it should be completely outlawed!

imagine that, a coach looking after the long term health of players.

fkn ourtage.

BURN THIS SHIT DOWN.

shwimpy

Isn't Chuck on commentary tonight for the Heat/Spurs game? Should be fun listening to him bitch and complain about how bad the game is.

reilo

The NBA really needs to step in, and stop BS like this.

They can do something about it.

Lower the amount of games played throughout the season to what it was during the lockout, minus the condensed timeframe.

But they won't do that because it means less revenue. But holy shit would that solve a ton of problems.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
To stop player load management?

Yeah, how dare Pop look towards winning the whole thing and taking healthy players to the finals and managing their workload instead of going all out for a meaningless regular season game.

Quite frankly, i'm apalled by pop's decision. It's never been done before and it should be completely outlawed!

imagine that, a coach looking after the long term health of players.

fkn ourtage.

BURN THIS SHIT DOWN.
Pop can do whatever he wants, but fans deserve a refund, if that's the case. You paid good money for these tickets, and most people can only go to one or two games a year. The NBA has to build up these experiences, instead of making them worthless for fans. Pop wants to do this? Fine, I can understand why, but fans should be offered a refund.

giri

They can do something about it.

Lower the amount of games played throughout the season to what it was during the lockout, minus the condensed timeframe.

But they won't do that because it means less revenue. But holy shit would that solve a ton of problems.

I concur.

82 games is a shitload of games.

Like, even at their peak, i don't think i ever watched EVERY suns game. 90%, probably, but not EVERY, cause there's just too many.

reilo

Pop can do whatever he wants, but fans deserve a refund, if that's the case. You paid good money for these tickets, and most people can only go to one or two games a year. The NBA has to build up these experiences, instead of making them worthless for fans. Pop wants to do this? Fine, I can understand why, but fans should be offered a refund.

It's called the San Antonio Spurs, not the San Antonio Duncan-Ginobili-Parkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom