• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
how long did it take to heal? and how bad was your pain? i've had 24/7 excruciating pain and have probably slept 3 hours in the past 2 days (on percocets too). it's sore on all sides of my ankle, so i cant even rest it on a pillow to keep it elevated. fuck this sucks.
Truthfully ankle never healed right but it's my fault for playing the day they cut the cast off

Took a couple months

Teams will gladly let Kobe score 40 because it disrupts team basketball. It's actually one of the keys to beating the Lakers with the talent they have. Dwight Howard isn't going to suddenly start hitting free throws at an acceptable rate. I think Nash is going to be severely underutilized on this team. Artest and Gasol are both old and borderline washed up. Backcourt defense is going to be a severe problem on this team. Nash and Kobe might be one of the worst defensive backcourts in the NBA.

The Clippers are a deep team.

Shhh

Don't tell IWMTB he's wrong again...

Teams will gladly let Kobe score 40 because it disrupts team basketball. It's actually one of the keys to beating the Lakers with the talent they have. Dwight Howard isn't going to suddenly start hitting free throws at an acceptable rate. I think Nash is going to be severely underutilized on this team. Artest and Gasol are both old and borderline washed up. Backcourt defense is going to be a severe problem on this team. Nash and Kobe might be one of the worst defensive backcourts in the NBA.

This was always gonna be the case and when I pointed it out, Lakers fans laughed like it wasnt shit. Even Artest looks like he's regressed defensively. Dwight, even when 100 percent, isn't a miracle worker all the freaking time.

All this is part of the reason I claimed the Lakers wouldn't beat OKC.

kd3bzozh.gif
So damn hypnotic

31.6: The Knicks, based on opening night rosters, have the league's oldest team, with an average age of 31.6 years. Next in line are the Los Angeles Clippers (29.8) and Miami (29.6). The only current Knick younger than 26 is Iman Shumpert, who, at 22, is recovering from ACL surgery.

Buncha old farts.

Two thoughts...
Looks like the Knicks are a force to be reckoned with when they're not brought down by Amare's bitchassness

And yea the Lakers will be fine. All this doom and gloom talk is kinda funny and should be familiar to Heat fans. Mike Brown (even though I don't think he's as good of a fit for this team as Spo is for the Heat) is pretty safe this year unless they are below .500 by December which is highly unlikely.

What teams are the most notable rookies on and who are they?

EDIT: Also, Is there a way to get all the games highlight recaps for the day to run consecutively as a playlist on NBA.com or maybe another site?

Thanks.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Brandon Jennings is going to be traded

The Bucks seem like they don't want him anymore and he didn't sign an extension.

He fell off harder than Evans.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Did nobody pick the Bobcats? lol

and MKG getting so few minutes was criminal. He is an amazing defender.

LOL at the Fakers.

Ha you had to be happy last night you bastard.

Kobe looked fantastic. I don't understand how his body can still play like this but man whatever debt he has to the devil is more than worth it.

Yesterday really had some low points but I still think we can get this working.

charsace

Every year since Crawford left the Knicks I've said LA should sign him. He got signed by LA alright, just not the team that I thought needed his help.

Ha you had to be happy last night you bastard.

Kobe looked fantastic. I don't understand how his body can still play like this but man whatever debt he has to the devil is more than worth it.

Yesterday really had some low points but I still think we can get this working.

Better pray it happens before Kobe drains the fountain of youth dry. If he wears down even the slightest bit this behavior's gonna drop from "vintage mamba" to "full-retard shot selection old snake" real fast.

Smokey

Just watched the Houston recap and it's still amazing what Harden is doing. Houston has managed to take two of the most Star oppressed players in Harden and Lin and given them their own team. The only thing they need to compete at the highest level is an elite center to run the P&Rs with and this team could have a very high ceiling. Not sure if they have the cap space for it but Morey should be setting his sights on Bynum or Howard in the next offseason free-agency. They could slot Asik into the PF role and keep him in the lineup for pure defense.

Asik at the PF? wut no

I honestly was prepared for another typical 9th or 10th place finish in the Western Conference, but now that we added Hardin? I think we could push for a 6th or 7th seed. I'm excited, but since Comcast Sports is airing 90% of the games, almost no one in Houston can watch the Rockets play on TV

Best to temper those expectations. This is still a 8th seeded team at best.

Top Bottom