• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Smokey

Have you not witnessed dumbfuck's defense and rotation?
This is the same dude that put steve blake on harden in the 2012 playoffs

I've watched all of the Lakers games friend. Really enjoying myself. Kobe walking around in a boot post game after playing 40+ minutes was pretty special too.

Sloan's defensive schemes are nothing special at best and bad in many aspects. His offensive schemes are still awesome, but he's living in the past on defense with how much he encourages fouling and open threes given up.

Pau Gasol would beast under Sloan though.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Mike Brown getting the boot midseason would def be doomsday for the Lakers. Interim coaches haven't won any championships have they?

VSPDZl.jpg

Not exactly an interim but same shit.

The Lakers next 6 games:

vs. Pistons(Home)
vs. Jazz (Road)
vs. Warriors(Home)
vs. Kings (Home)
vs. Spurs(Home)
vs. Suns(Home)

They have 5 home games, 4 of which they should win (The Spurs will be tough). I see them losing to the Jazz on the road.

At worst they should be 4-2 over this stretch.

Canuck76

Banned
Hey you guys see how terrible Westbrook played last night?

13-24, 5 rebounds, 6 assists, for 32....points.

Wait i thought Westbrook was ruining OKC guys?

Right? Is that Westbrook trade still happening?

Hey you guys see how terrible Westbrook played last night?

13-24, 5 rebounds, 6 assists, for 32....points.

Wait i thought Westbrook was ruining OKC guys?

Right? Is that Westbrook trade still happening?

against a very average blazers team, and a night after looking like a complete incompetent idiot the night before against san antonio

Did you really think you would keep your pick while you tried to build your super team. 3 games with new players and a new system and you're already talking about tanking? Goddamn you're getting low too quickly.

I realize that due to watching a Knicks shit team for more than a decade has clouded your ability to recognize SHIT but this Lakers team is SHIT.
Nash? Finally hitting that old man level where he is just... OLD
Kobe? No longer Batman, may not even qualify as a Robin
Dwight? Welp
Meta? Yea...
Pau? His clitoris is back in full force
Mike Brown? Couldn't coach a high school basketball team to victory

VCOver.gif

Clovis. You are not Konex. Stop.

You're a bill simmons-tier reverse jinxer.

I'm no simmons either. I am a fine upstanding distinguished gentleman who simply has used his basketball IQ and exemplary understanding of what it takes to build a successful team to conclude that this Los Angeles Lakers group will not achieve their season long goal.

h3ro

I'm no simmons either. I am a fine upstanding distinguished gentleman who simply has used his basketball IQ and exemplary understanding of what it takes to build a successful team to conclude that this Los Angeles Lakers group will not achieve their season long goal.

You are so typing your posts in MS Word and then right-click synonyming everything.

Also, might get power back today.

pop bottles.

charsace

I realize that due to watching a Knicks shit team for more than a decade has clouded your ability to recognize SHIT but this Lakers team is SHIT.
Nash? Finally hitting that old man level where he is just... OLD
Kobe? No longer Batman, may not even qualify as a Robin
Dwight? Welp
Meta? Yea...
Pau? His clitoris is back in full force
Mike Brown? Couldn't coach a high school basketball team to victory

VCOver.gif

I think you lost your fucking marbles dude that's what I fucking think. I also think one of your Laker buddies needs to kick you in the ass and tell you everything will be ok. Because everything will be ok. You only start the doom and gloom if they are playing under .500 ball 30 games into the season. The cHeat started out 9-8 the first year. So shut the fuck up, chill and smoke a joint or whatever.

You are so typing your posts in MS Word and then right-click synonyming everything.

Also, might get power back today.

pop bottles.

I actually am not.

I think you lost your fucking marbles dude that's what I fucking think. I also think one of your Laker buddies needs to kick you in the ass and tell you everything will be ok. Because everything will be ok. You only start the doom and gloom if they are playing under .500 ball 30 games into the season. The cHeat started out 9-8 the first year. So shut the fuck up, chill and smoke a joint or whatever.

This isn't not even the same situation. LeBron, Wade, and Bosh were in the prime of their careers. They weren't going to physically break down.
Kobe is in the last two years of his career
Nash is in the last two or so of his career
Paul should be in the last two
Meta will retire soon
Dwight is coming back from back surgery

so yea...

People need to stop with the sky is falling/grass is greener posts (Konex). Yeah is there massive holes in this team? Yes. Would it be nice to have had some 1st round picks to pick up some young, athletic defenders and shooters? Sure. But if we had that we wouldn't have Nash, Dwight and Kobe. I'll run with those guys. And I guarantee you the teams with all these young, athletic prospects would trade them all for 1 ring, let alone 5. Get some perspective people.

People need to stop with the sky is falling/grass is greener posts (Konex). Yeah is there massive holes in this team? Yes. Would it be nice to have had some 1st round picks to pick up some young, athletic defenders and shooters? Sure. But if we had that we wouldn't have Nash, Dwight and Kobe. I'll run with those guys. And I guarantee you the teams with all these young, athletic prospects would trade them all for 1 ring, let alone 5. Get some perspective people.

This team isn't winning a ring. I hate to be the guy to break the news but we aren't. Age is a huge problem. We don't have a bench and I don't see that changing. Our guys are straight OLD. Will the Lakers have moments of brilliance this year? No doubt. Will they be entertaining to watch as the season rolls on? I am very confident they will be. Will they make the playoffs and get past the first round? Sure. Are they winning a ring? Hell no.

This team isn't winning a ring. I hate to be the guy to break the news but we aren't. Age is a huge problem. We don't have a bench and I don't see that changing. Our guys are straight OLD. Will the Lakers have moments of brilliance this year? No doubt. Will they be entertaining to watch as the season rolls on? I am very confident they will be. Will they make the playoffs and get past the first round? Sure. Are they winning a ring? Hell no.

Oh well. The alternative was to have Ramon Sessions and Bynum (with an extension that would kill this teams future probably all but assured) starting. Would that be any better? The position we are in (very little cap flexibility, having to rely on old players) is the end result of having been to 3 finals in a row and winning 2 championships. Young, athletic stud players aren't just falling out of trees, going undrafted or willing to sign with us for the minimum. Believe me, I'm as big on the "Ring or bust" Laker philosophy as the next guy, but you have to be realistic. Thinking anyone in the league would take anyone on this roster short of Dwight in a trade and gives us back anything significant is pipe. Thinking you can fire Mike Brown and bring in a new coach with a whole new philosophy and strategy at this point in the year and expect the guys to just start dominating the league is pipe.

linsivvi

Could you please do us all a favor and post in a Nintendo thread?

Pretty please?

If you can't post on the gaming side, then create a Nintendo thread in OT. Same result.

You'll be our hero.

The Lakers next 6 games:

vs. Pistons(Home)
vs. Jazz (Road)
vs. Warriors(Home)
vs. Kings (Home)
vs. Spurs(Home)
vs. Suns(Home)

They have 5 home games, 4 of which they should win (The Spurs will be tough). I see them losing to the Jazz on the road.

they're not beating the Spurs. Warriors might give them problems too, any competent backcourt can check them.

Smokey

Ninja with them #truthbombs

Lakers are old but they've been old for awhile. Really though, I am surprised that it only took 2 games for Steve Nash to be out.

Oh well. The alternative was to have Ramon Sessions and Bynum (with an extension that would kill this teams future probably all but assured) starting. Would that be any better? The position we are in (very little cap flexibility, having to rely on old players) is the end result of having been to 3 finals in a row and winning 2 championships. Young, athletic stud players aren't just falling out of trees, going undrafted or willing to sign with us for the minimum. Believe me, I'm as big on the "Ring or bust" Laker philosophy as the next guy, but you have to be realistic. Thinking anyone in the league would take anyone on this roster short of Dwight in a trade and gives us back anything significant is pipe. Thinking you can fire Mike Brown and bring in a new coach with a whole new philosophy and strategy at this point in the year and expect the guys to just start dominating the league is pipe.

I'm not hating on the moves MitchDAgod made as they were pure godlike. I am just saying that this team isn't winning a ring, at least as long as they play in the same league as Miami. 2014 is the year where the Lakers will make the moves for the future. I am just saying that this team is old as dirt and isn't winning a ring. Am I jumping off the wagon and into the hands of Chicago (Soul...), no. Just telling it like it is because that is what I do.

Could you please do us all a favor and post in a Nintendo thread?

Pretty please?

If you can't post on the gaming side, then create a Nintendo thread in OT. Same result.

You'll be our hero.

Make you a deal. If you create one in the OT, I'll back ya up.

Tom Penny

Heat didn't win it the first year..either way no beuno.

BobLoblaw

Banned
This. Like I said a few pages back, the Lakers will be lucky to claim the 4th playoff spot. They are NOT better than the Spurs, Clips, or Thunder and they may not even be on par with the Grizz. They're old. They have no bench. Their coach is an idiot. None of those things are going to change substantially throughout the rest of the season. They're definitely make the playoffs, but for those thinking they'll be a 1, 2, or 3 seed in the west, get that shit out of here. Not happening.

1. Okay that sucked. We look like shit. I'm losing patience with Brown. Lose to Detroit and he needs to go. The turnover are stupid and I'm starting to believe the Princeton sets are doing it. And the rotation holy fuck. Why is isn't Jamison getting g run when mwp is trash. And where is Meeks. And Kobe/pau minutes are a joke.

2. Dwight it so not himself

3. Harden. Feels good to be right.

The Lakers next 6 games:

vs. Pistons(Home)
vs. Jazz (Road)
vs. Warriors(Home)
vs. Kings (Home)
vs. Spurs(Home)
vs. Suns(Home)

Kings are tryhards against the Lakers. Lakers will lose that one.

Top Bottom